Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Experiences importing gas magazines.

:

General

Old March 20th, 2018, 09:16   #1
Dragate

Experiences importing gas magazines.

Hey Guys,

I'm looking to get a GBB pistol specifically, the ASG / KJW CZ-75 SP-01. Mags are all sold out everywhere online in Canadian retailers.

On the importing guns and you thread it says magazines without fake cartridges are valid for import, but what are your guys' experiences with this? I found a thread somewhere on this forum that one guy had his shipment turned around at the border.

Thanks!
Dragate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2018, 09:48   #2
cetane

I’ve ordered in pistol gbb mags without issues, other than just shipping charges for them & their weight sucks
cetane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2018, 13:35   #3
RainyEyes

Gas blowback magazines are fine and MUST be shipped empty but the seller will know that of course.

Anything with fake cartridges like the lmg mags it even the g36 mags that have a window where rounds are visible are a no-no even if it's just a picture apparently.
RainyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2018, 14:31   #4
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
Any mags are importable - no problem on my experience. Fake bullet windows are fine, I've ordered several sets of beta project pmags with the casing from Ehobby and EBairsoft with no problems in the past.
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2018, 18:38   #5
JimCanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyEyes View Post
Anything with fake cartridges like the lmg mags it even the g36 mags that have a window where rounds are visible are a no-no even if it's just a picture apparently.
People keep saying that but ICS and G&G magazines for the SG550 series seem to make it past the border just fine.

My G&G SG553 came with one that I bought from Toronto Airsoft, and Hero Outdoors orders from Evike and they recently got me a bunch of SG magazines.

Only people I keep hearing that they are not importable from ironically enough is Toronto Airsoft.
JimCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2018, 19:04   #6
Freeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimCanuck View Post
People keep saying that but ICS and G&G magazines for the SG550 series seem to make it past the border just fine.

My G&G SG553 came with one that I bought from Toronto Airsoft, and Hero Outdoors orders from Evike and they recently got me a bunch of SG magazines.

Only people I keep hearing that they are not importable from ironically enough is Toronto Airsoft.
Technically they are not importable. Think about it this way, if there was an entire shipment of these, and someone wanted to maliciously smuggle in some real ones in the shipment, the CBSA wouldn't have the time or resources to check literally every single magazine to make sure they are just fakes.

But hey, if you still want to order it and it gets seized at the border that's gonna be a major headache.'

Just purchase them from in-country retailers, who've done some paperwork with the CBSA or someone to legally (or otherwise) bring them in.

TM G17 Loki Tactical Pink - TM G19 TTI Combat Master
Freeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2018, 20:12   #7
Dragate

^ Cool, good to know

I'm actually asking cuz the mags I want aren't in stock anywhere in Canada atm.
Dragate is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General