Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

A Word for Airsoft Retailers

:

General

Old February 21st, 2021, 09:25   #1
Swattiger

A Word for Airsoft Retailers

While we are all facing the terrible C21 bill and the pandemic, it is most disappointing to see the airsoft guns retail price continues to rise to a record high level. Such price level is already out of many people's range.

My fear is that it would do nothing good to our already very fragile hobby, but to accelerate the return of "Canadian Airsoft Dark Age" i.e. airsoft was a borderline underground hobby, with basically no retailers, very limited supply of only a few models through online forums, ridiculously high price level (average 2.5 times of what the Asian retailers offer),.....

Please save your argument that how much effort and cost it involved to get the items into Canada, we have all gone through this many years ago, and we know how it works. We appreciate it and please focus your effort on keeping our hobby alive and grow healthily.

Last edited by Swattiger; February 21st, 2021 at 21:38..
Swattiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2021, 23:53   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swattiger View Post
While we are all facing the terrible C21 bill and the pandemic, it is most disappointing to see the airsoft guns retail price continues to rise to a record high level. Such price level is already out of many people's range.

My fear is that it would do nothing good to our already very fragile hobby, but to accelerate the return of "Canadian Airsoft Dark Age" i.e. airsoft was a borderline underground hobby, with basically no retailers, very limited supply of only a few models through online forums, ridiculously high price level (average 2.5 times of what the Asian retailers offer),.....

Please save your argument that how much effort and cost it involved to get the items into Canada, we have all gone through this many years ago, and we know how it works. We appreciate it and please focus your effort on keeping our hobby alive and grow healthily.
You don't need to order from local retailers if you feel that the price is not right. Ordering from overseas it totally legit right now. You are speaking of dark ages. If C-21 gets passed there will be no dark ages. There will be gulag for anyone trying to import and possible seizures without compensation for anyone taking airsoft out to the field to play. Back in the day worse you get if your stuff gets seized by CBSA is your money is gone. C-21 will allow criminal charges to be brought up upon people. You think many will take a risk? It's kind of funny how government is going harder after airsoft than they are going after real stuff. I still get to keep my paperweights they banned on May 1st. I cant take them out anywhere to shoot but police is not able to seize them, those things are also classified as prohibited. Government even offered a special licensing for those. Airsoft on the other hand will have to be surrendered and seized if police ask you about it.

Last edited by 666; February 24th, 2021 at 00:01..
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2021, 10:48   #3
Ronald Chang

I think the point is "based on what" can SOME of our Canadian retailers still push up the price of the airsoft guns now?

A good brand GBBR which used to be around $ 600 + tax has become more than $ 1,000 + tax, bbs price doubles within a year! This will drives more and more people to leave this sport and do something else.

Last edited by Ronald Chang; April 11th, 2021 at 09:34..
Ronald Chang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2021, 08:33   #4
jeffery163

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swattiger View Post

That's a nice idea. Thanks
jeffery163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2021, 16:18   #5
lt_poncho

Send a message via MSN to lt_poncho
Ah shit...here we go again...

Won't be the first time you'll bury your Airsoft in your backyard. While it was different back in 1999, there still exists the political agenda aspect of it in that it never seems to be long term. At that time the same things happened - scarcity of product, wild price markups, etc. - then 3-4 years later everyone is buying it at storefronts in the GTA.
Old April 8th, 2021, 08:12   #6
Swattiger

While many of us and I have already signed the petition to fight Bill C21, it is very sad to see the retailers' lack of any good suggestion other than just asking us to donate and support their business.

I don't mean to pinpoint on the retailers' high mark up price too much as "we can always choose not to buy". However,it is important for them to show they really want to work with us together to fight the Bill e.g. organize some retailers and players forums to talk about the benefits of the sport, make airsoft more affordable,...

Last edited by Swattiger; April 8th, 2021 at 09:18..
Swattiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2021, 12:14   #7
Ronald Chang

Starting from last year, when there was NO Bill C21, some retailers already started reducing their offers e.g. Black Friday - small discount to a limited choice of airsoft items instead of really attractive discount all across the board.

Now when I look at their "airsoft dark age" price, I cannot really convince myself to fight the Bill C21 side by side with them.

But I agree that if I don't like the price, I don't have to buy. Maybe it is now a good time to change my hobby. LOL
Ronald Chang is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General