Magna (WA) M4 GBBR Basic Information and FAQ

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Closed Thread

Old March 15th, 2010, 18:09   #31
Dragate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLusion View Post
You need to figure out where you'd like to compromise to get a good balance. Also, some brands are better at providing a heavy recoil feel with fast rate of fire than some other brands.
Yeah. Watching the RA-Tech's ROF on their WA M4 with their steel bolt has pretty realistic ROF. I personally like more recoil and a more realistic rate of fire. I guess my question was aimed at a monetary worth, but if none of them break, then there is no problem but taste. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLusion View Post
Prime & Inokatsu are closest to real steel spec
I hate to ask this question doing no research, but do you know of any new body styles comming out by prime? I know they have a magpul out, but will they have VLTOR or Skull Frog anytime soon? G&P has a lot of great stuff, but I guess they aren't as close to RS spec as Prime. I personally am not that interested in Inokatsu becuase of the trades - I hate colt trades for some reason. Since the G&P isn't as close to RS spec, does anybody know which sections of it are a bit off and if it causes any fitment problems with airsoft or RS parts?
Old March 15th, 2010, 18:17   #32
HeadlessChicken

Probably a stupid question but I haven't found any info even on google. How do I install the magpul ASAP sling mount?
"Hey I'm the first one to say its a great country but its a straaaaange culture. This is a place where gun store owners are given a list of stolen credit cards but not a list of CRIMINALS and MANIACS. And now they're thinking of banning toy guns...AND THEY'RE GONNA KEEP THE F**KING REAL ONES!"
-George Carlin 1937 - 2008 (RIP buddy)
Old March 15th, 2010, 18:19   #33
ujiro

Send a message via MSN to ujiro
Gotta take off the buffer tube, and then put it between the receiver and the castle nut on the buffer tube. (The castle nut is that little circular nut on the buffer tube right where it attaches to the receiver).
Old March 15th, 2010, 18:25   #34
RacingManiac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragate View Post
I hate to ask this question doing no research, but do you know of any new body styles comming out by prime? I know they have a magpul out, but will they have VLTOR or Skull Frog anytime soon? G&P has a lot of great stuff, but I guess they aren't as close to RS spec as Prime. I personally am not that interested in Inokatsu becuase of the trades - I hate colt trades for some reason. Since the G&P isn't as close to RS spec, does anybody know which sections of it are a bit off and if it causes any fitment problems with airsoft or RS parts?
I think Prime right now has Colt, VN Colt, Stag, LMT(MRP upper) and Magpul for lower. There is also this:
http://sankowebshop.com/shop/item_de...item_id=363859

Though I think it's not widely available...

There are also Vltor VIS-1 upper for Prime made by Bomber,

My Arnies' Album
My PBase Album
Custom Pistol Whore...
Old March 15th, 2010, 18:31   #35
HeadlessChicken

Quote:
Originally Posted by ujiro View Post
Gotta take off the buffer tube, and then put it between the receiver and the castle nut on the buffer tube. (The castle nut is that little circular nut on the buffer tube right where it attaches to the receiver).
Thanks, I'll give that a try hopefully soon.
"Hey I'm the first one to say its a great country but its a straaaaange culture. This is a place where gun store owners are given a list of stolen credit cards but not a list of CRIMINALS and MANIACS. And now they're thinking of banning toy guns...AND THEY'RE GONNA KEEP THE F**KING REAL ONES!"
-George Carlin 1937 - 2008 (RIP buddy)
Old March 15th, 2010, 18:35   #36
m102404
Tys

Headless...do it with a proper wrench or you'll scratch it all up (I'd probably still scratch it with a proper wrench...but that's just an issue with me ). If you need a hand just pop over later this week. It'll only take a minute.

The RATech Prime spec bolt is (to the best of my measuring) 3.18-3.25mm longer than the G&P spec bolt (at least the one I have which I suspect is G&P). I decided to take just shy (a scribe lines worth) less than 3mm off the rear of the prime bolt. The width of a hacksaw blade + a couple of seconds on the grinder. I left it a hair longer than the G&P spec bolt that I had originally...no ill effects. The RAtech bolt is certainly heavier by quite a bit....I wonder what is going to break next...

The rest of the major outside dimentions of the bolt are the same...the rectangular notch for the plastic rectangular retaining plate for the bolt is bigger on the RATech bolt carrier...so the filler pieces (tried a Airsoft Surgeon, G&P and Element) are a bit loose. Dunno if that's an issue or not.

Anyways...cut/ground it down (approx 15min going slow). Works like a charm.

Rocks in both the SR16 and MUR bodies. Recoils up (by "feel"), ROF is down. Fiddling with the buffers/buffer springs and spacers adjusted the feel nicely. Before the SR16 felt a bit wild (i.e. it's going to bust something wild) and the MUR was mild. Now they're both somewhere in between.

Definitely uses more gas per shot.
Old March 15th, 2010, 18:38   #37
Dragate

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
I think Prime right now has Colt, VN Colt, Stag, LMT(MRP upper) and Magpul for lower. There is also this:
http://sankowebshop.com/shop/item_de...item_id=363859
There are also Vltor VIS-1 upper for Prime made by Bomber,
Wow 1000 USD before all the Canadian fees and shipping... Intense.

Thanks. How'd you find that BTW? It's all Japanese and the only Alphanumerical's are Prime m4 SR16. Could have been for an AEG, which is probably more popular. :P
Old March 15th, 2010, 18:55   #38
RacingManiac

The first line is Prime WA M4, the next kanji character says "use"....

Someone else on another forum pointed it out.....BTW the site does do business outside of Japan, but they are pretty expensive....(I bought some pistol parts for WA from them)...

Anyone who buy that will be my hero...lol Fully functioning ambi-dextrous SR-16 receiver for GBBR.....holy grail....lol

My Arnies' Album
My PBase Album
Custom Pistol Whore...
Old March 15th, 2010, 19:18   #39
Mr. CoBalt

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadlessChicken View Post
Probably a stupid question but I haven't found any info even on google. How do I install the magpul ASAP sling mount?
I found this vid on YouTube for the real steel: YouTube- Magpul ASAP Plate Installation Warning! Pretty crap music ahead. I'd suggest just muting it
Old March 15th, 2010, 20:12   #40
Dragate

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
Anyone who buy that will be my hero...lol Fully functioning ambi-dextrous SR-16 receiver for GBBR.....holy grail....lol
Ambi-dextrous eh... I actually need that. It's stupid how I'm right handed but my left eye is dominant. To get a fast sight picture with my right eye I need to close my other, very annoying. Does any other manufacturer's have ambi mag release m4 bodies?

I guess this could work... I hope. It would probably mark up the body tho.
http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/accessori...bb-series.html

Thing is, wouldn't ready mag systems be disturbed by the Ambi release bodies?

EDIT: Found this: http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/accessori...e-catch-1.html

And I'm just going to guess that the Ambi fire selectors just work becuase of how they work :P

Last edited by Dragate; March 15th, 2010 at 20:19..
Old March 15th, 2010, 20:53   #41
ujiro

:P mine is all ambi other than the bolt catch.. Which doesn't matter to me since I am a righty anyways!
Old March 15th, 2010, 23:37   #42
RacingManiac

The SR-16 lower has left side mag release built into the receiver, and right side bolt release.....The BAD lever kinda takes care of that, but this is still a cool receiver....

BTW I am also right handed and left eye dominant, but I have got used to using the long arm with right eye. But I shoot pistol with my left...

My Arnies' Album
My PBase Album
Custom Pistol Whore...
Old March 16th, 2010, 00:00   #43
ujiro

Agreed.. The built in mag catch and bolt catch is really cool.. I like how the ARES SR25 has that as well. Definitely the next gun I am getting..
Added to the fact that its Prime amazing CNC quality... Beautiful.

Wish they made a GBBR SR25. I would spend any amount of money on that.
Old March 16th, 2010, 00:17   #44
RacingManiac

Yeah a 7.62 sized GBBR will kinda trick me into getting another one of these money pit....SR-25 carbine or a M110 SASS would be amazing....

My Arnies' Album
My PBase Album
Custom Pistol Whore...
Old March 16th, 2010, 00:23   #45
ujiro

M110 SASS would be key. Literally I would spend anything for it.

There hasn't been any word that any company is making one is there?

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion