Old June 11th, 2008, 08:37   #31
SINN

Send a message via MSN to SINN
a month ago, the AK's at basspro were dropped to $129.99
Old June 11th, 2008, 12:05   #32
MillerBRo

Quote:
Originally Posted by skalnok View Post
because thats not off colour..... thats how its supposed to look, please note that the g3a3 is supposed to be green and black lol
Hmmm- I honestly didnt know that lmao- very cool actually.

Though still I dont understand how a tan and black AK makes it through and the G3 doesnt- to me the tan and black AKs look just as non-real as the green G3.

Ah wait- I am trying to figure out the logic of customs... :banghead:
MillerBRo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2008, 12:07   #33
MillerBRo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drache View Post
so far I have not heard of them available in Canada. What I find funny is that they are selling the Kraken on the Aftermath website for $150 USD and yet you get them here for $150-200 CDN. That means the price of the Orphus should roughly stay the same as what they advertise on the website.
Yeah it'd be nice if the dollar being on near par meant we actually got AEGs at near the same price hey? I am still blown away by seeing $90 CYMA stuff for $300 on the ASC classifieds lol.
Old June 11th, 2008, 12:19   #34
Drache
BALLET, TYPE: SELF LOATHING, ANALBURST

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerBRo View Post
Hmmm- I honestly didnt know that lmao- very cool actually.

Though still I dont understand how a tan and black AK makes it through and the G3 doesnt- to me the tan and black AKs look just as non-real as the green G3.

Ah wait- I am trying to figure out the logic of customs... :banghead:
Simply put the reason YOU can't just order it is because you dont have the licenses to import this type of stuff nor the paperwork whereas a business must have these things.
Drache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2008, 12:21   #35
MillerBRo

lol I know that Drache- my point is that even KJs sports cant seem to order it and they DO have the licenses. They told me that I have a better chance of ordering a real G3 than I do an airsoft one lol. They had a bunch of Krakens due in and those got stopped up at the border... so they replaced their airsoft section with camo lingerie
Old June 15th, 2008, 02:12   #36
Kingsix

http://buypaintball.ca/product.php?p...cat=117&page=1
First gen or 2nd?
Old June 15th, 2008, 02:50   #37
Cpl T. Syndrome

One word.."JUNK" if your seriously considering gettin in to the sport of airsoft save the cash and buy quality.. I'm so tired of hearin bout this situation..I wanna spend the bear minimum(kraken) for a piece of junk and then upgrade(aftermath). $250.00 later in parts, youve spent enough to buy a JG or TM and you've posted 27 times bout 'how do I change a butt stock or how do you replace an inner barrel..I understand that people who are askin bout these pieces of drek are leary bout the sport and don't wanna spend a lot to find out its not for them.. TRUST ME!! AIRSOFT IS LIKE CRACK!! once you get a taste your it's bitch. So spend a little more and get somethin your gonna be happy with and works well out of the box. Also on the plus side you wont look like a shit pump because you have to ask if it's a left or right handed grub screw or " I just put 10 rounds through it and it jammed, what do I do?...END RANT
Cpl T. Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2008, 03:00   #38
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

don't know about you but owning a Cyma has taught me alot about modding my guns I personally like taking it apart and changing the grips or the front end or taking just the gearbox out and putting it in another body etc. Besides if if I wanted to buy something that never needed any upgrades I'd buy one of those ptw's and a couple cylinders and never look back
pusangani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2008, 12:02   #39
MillerBRo

2nd Generation, most seem to work fine, and I know of at least 6 guns purchased from buypaintball.ca so they are reputable enough as a seller
Old June 15th, 2008, 19:14   #40
Coma
Age Verification Removed Due To Trade Dispute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpl T. Syndrome View Post
One word.."JUNK" if your seriously considering gettin in to the sport of airsoft save the cash and buy quality.. I'm so tired of hearin bout this situation..I wanna spend the bear minimum(kraken) for a piece of junk and then upgrade(aftermath). $250.00 later in parts, youve spent enough to buy a JG or TM and you've posted 27 times bout 'how do I change a butt stock or how do you replace an inner barrel..I understand that people who are askin bout these pieces of drek are leary bout the sport and don't wanna spend a lot to find out its not for them.. TRUST ME!! AIRSOFT IS LIKE CRACK!! once you get a taste your it's bitch. So spend a little more and get somethin your gonna be happy with and works well out of the box. Also on the plus side you wont look like a shit pump because you have to ask if it's a left or right handed grub screw or " I just put 10 rounds through it and it jammed, what do I do?...END RANT
CYMA, D-Boys, Jing Gong, Aftermath, A&K and many many other clone companies are very popular around the world. Even in places where airsoft is legal and anyone can import a CA and pay $350. Some even chose the clones above the 'real deal'. Why?

Because their AEGs are just as good if not better! Some of these companies are even coming out with their own designs (Witness the new CYMA AKM) so can we even call them clone companies anymore? Do some research and read some reviews.
Old June 15th, 2008, 19:23   #41
Crunchmeister

Some people just can't look past brand names... I agree that these are junk guns, but in the right hands, you can upgrade a junk gun to outperform a stock TM in every way and still come out far cheaper. But some people just aren't happy with facts if they don't have a known brand name stamped on their gun somewhere.
Old June 15th, 2008, 19:53   #42
Coma
Age Verification Removed Due To Trade Dispute

They aren't even all junk! I've been gaming a stock Crossman R76 lately. This is after owning a fully upgraded TM AK, internally and externally. For all intents and purposes, the Crossman is the same as a stock TM. Velocity, accuracy, hop-up, build, all too close to call. And it has lasted four games thus far on a PLASTIC mechbox with no issues. In fact, I won't even crack it until something breaks.
Old June 15th, 2008, 22:18   #43
T_A_N_K

Im gonna head up to Bass Bro and pick up a Broxa probably tomorrow. Will have a review up by the end of the week.
T_A_N_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2008, 22:21   #44
Armandhammer

Send a message via MSN to Armandhammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by T_A_N_K View Post
Im gonna head up to Bass Bro and pick up a Broxa probably tomorrow. Will have a review up by the end of the week.
T_A_N_K =

"Airsoft will be taken seriously, but it will never be forgotten that airsoft is just a game. Treat every player with respect and honor."
Armandhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2008, 11:13   #45
MillerBRo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coma View Post
They aren't even all junk! I've been gaming a stock Crossman R76 lately. This is after owning a fully upgraded TM AK, internally and externally. For all intents and purposes, the Crossman is the same as a stock TM. Velocity, accuracy, hop-up, build, all too close to call. And it has lasted four games thus far on a PLASTIC mechbox with no issues. In fact, I won't even crack it until something breaks.
ditto- I also use a stock R76 out of the box and it has been compared with the two TM AK Betas locally and they are the same in nearly every way and are performing with identical fps and accuracy. Used it for 3 games and already put 6,000 rounds through it without problem. I also have a Pulse R72 that has run close to 15,000 rounds through it an in the local CQB field it works fine (though I will be putting in a new gearbox, motor and spring to bump the FPS). For $146 shipped to my door I cant complain and dont see the need to spend an extra $200 on every AEG I own... certainly not just when some people on forums 'are tired'' of poking their nose into other peoples threads and then ranting about what those people choose to use lmfao.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion