Airsoft Sniper

:

Newbie Tank

Old April 7th, 2009, 15:21   #106
Eeyore
Suburban Gun Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by moderatesniper View Post
I need to show up to an airsoft game in a pink jumpsuit, full cover paintball mask, and start firing my L85 at an angle using two fingers. I should also take part in corner-shooting, not calling my hits, and wiping BB's off of my gear.
Actually the not calling your hits and other cheating such as shooting hot was why I stopped playing paintall for the most part. I alos find myself having a hard time keeping up with all the 17 year olds on the field.
Eeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2009, 15:23   #107
Eeyore
Suburban Gun Runner

Speedball is an intensly competative team sport, with clear rules and regulations. I actually think it would fit in with all the new sports they are allowing. And hey tug of war use to be an olympic sport.
Old April 7th, 2009, 15:41   #108
kalnaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by notom66866 View Post
Speedball is an intensly competative team sport, with clear rules and regulations. I actually think it would fit in with all the new sports they are allowing. And hey tug of war use to be an olympic sport.
Problem is that cheating and piss-poor attitude is so heavily ingrained in paintball that it's almost part of the sport -neither of those belong in the olympics.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2009, 16:06   #109
Eeyore
Suburban Gun Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
Problem is that cheating and piss-poor attitude is so heavily ingrained in paintball that it's almost part of the sport -neither of those belong in the olympics.

I take offence at that. I have never cheated when playing paintball, and I can say that he people I play with don't either. But more to the point we are talking about sppedball where you are in view at all times of the ref. Besides its kinda hard to wipe when you have a camera pointed at you.
Old April 7th, 2009, 16:29   #110
Turnbull

I don't think that speedball should be in the Olympics because its not a real sport. Its like airsoft, I love it to death, but neither will make it to the Olympics. While paintball may be a fun pass time, it doesn't really involve much physical activity. Sure you run around a bit, but ultimately you're just shooting at stuff. Any chump with a few hundred bucks can buy a paintball gun and shoot at stuff. By that same token, any chump could go out an buy skis for a few hundred bucks and ski, but theres a difference; it takes years of intense practice and training to become an Olympic level athlete, where as a few lucky shots with a paintball gun and you win a medal? I don't think it would work out. Its just not at the caliber of sports that the Olympics include...
Old April 7th, 2009, 16:36   #111
AngelusNex
formerly Sepulcrum

Send a message via MSN to AngelusNex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnbull View Post
I don't think that speedball should be in the Olympics because its not a real sport. Its like airsoft, I love it to death, but neither will make it to the Olympics. While paintball may be a fun pass time, it doesn't really involve much physical activity. Sure you run around a bit, but ultimately you're just shooting at stuff. Any chump with a few hundred bucks can buy a paintball gun and shoot at stuff. By that same token, any chump could go out an buy skis for a few hundred bucks and ski, but theres a difference; it takes years of intense practice and training to become an Olympic level athlete, where as a few lucky shots with a paintball gun and you win a medal? I don't think it would work out. Its just not at the caliber of sports that the Olympics include...
you're going to have people yelling " but yous canz makez tehz moonies at teh tournimentzzz"

I must say however, I agree with you 100%
AngelusNex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2009, 16:39   #112
Turnbull

Yeah, with that post I'm not trying to down grade anything, I'm just flat out saying, I don't think either will make it to the Olympics. On an individual level, both are "sports" in the sense that you're doing physical activity, and its relatively organized, etc, but neither is a "real sport", such as Football, Hockey, Soccer, etc. Maybe one day, but I don't think we're at that level yet..
Old April 7th, 2009, 17:41   #113
kalnaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by notom66866 View Post
I take offence at that. I have never cheated when playing paintball, and I can say that he people I play with don't either. But more to the point we are talking about sppedball where you are in view at all times of the ref. Besides its kinda hard to wipe when you have a camera pointed at you.
Just because you take offence to it doesn't mean it isn't true...

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2009, 19:18   #114
Turnbull

To be honest, I have played many games of paintball, and I find that, depending on the group, it isnt too bad (cheating). I have had some games where its been ridiculous. Shoot the guy four times, and see the rounds explode on him, only to see him duck behind an obstacle and wipe it off.
Old April 7th, 2009, 19:24   #115
Malice Army

YouTube - Paintball Tournament
Malice Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2009, 20:38   #116
AngelusNex
formerly Sepulcrum

Send a message via MSN to AngelusNex
... i really hate speedball (never lost a game when ever i played it accept the one time i ran out of co2)
AngelusNex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2009, 20:45   #117
Erennert
A minor, using dad's ID

The winner of speed ball is this: Who can shoot Faster, and Who has more ammo.

Although it looks fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquamarine View Post
I'm a sniper.

Because I'm fat and can't run fast.
Erennert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2009, 23:00   #118
Eeyore
Suburban Gun Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erennert View Post
The winner of speed ball is this: Who can shoot Faster, and Who has more ammo.

Although it looks fun.

Not true, listen guys while I absolutely concied that airsoft is more realistic in terms of a milsim experiance (one of the reason i got into airsoft). It does take athletisim to do what those guys in the video do. At that level the NPPL World Series, all the players and teams are sponsored. Their markers are pretty much computers with pistons. They carry the gear and upgrades they want so it is an equal playing field. And while luck may win you a round just like a lucky goal in hockey can win a game, it takes years of practice to become as good as those players are. You guys can mock the colours of the guns and jerseys all you want but at least give those athletes the respect they have earned.
Old April 8th, 2009, 14:11   #119
Turnbull

hmm... I'm gonna go ahead and say that getting a lucky shot with a paintbal gun is much easier than getting a lucky goal in hockey.
Old April 8th, 2009, 15:53   #120
Malice Army

ahhh, sure , if ya mean that some one "luckily" stuck their head out and "luckily" got hit while some one "luckily" happened to be shooting at them. Then sure it's easier to get hit by a mack truck while crossing the 401?
Sorry I don't understand the comparison.
Malice Army is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank