Send a message via MSN to King Cobra
I play Military Simulation Not Speed Ball
King Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2009, 12:06   #47
kalnaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Cobra View Post
I play Military Simulation Not Speed Ball
Same thing.. if you're going through so much ammo you need a vest, then you're not playing a sniper.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2009, 16:37   #48
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

where exactly do paintballers mount their sights when they have those kidney thingies on top of their guns?
Old April 5th, 2009, 19:16   #49
King Cobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
Same thing.. if you're going through so much ammo you need a vest, then you're not playing a sniper.
I'm talking about the orange jacket thingy you said :P

Pusangani, Those kidney things are called Hoppers. There are Hopper Fed and Magazine fed Paintball Guns. I have a Magazine fed, But Im still able to switch to a hopper if I choose. And even if you do have a hopper on, You can have scope's that angle out to the side on a certain mount add-on for the sight.
Old April 5th, 2009, 19:26   #50
Donster

Quote:
I'm talking about the orange jacket thingy you said :P

Pusangani, Those kidney things are called Hoppers. There are Hopper Fed and Magazine fed Paintball Guns. I have a Magazine fed, But Im still able to switch to a hopper if I choose. And even if you do have a hopper on, You can have scope's that angle out to the side on a certain mount add-on for the sight.
well the X7 hopper, which i have is great, cause it allows me to sight down my rifle. but i take it from the sound of it, you most likely have the T9 paintball marker? there are only two other magazine fed markers i know of, and only one of them is Canada legal. but still, as an avid paintballer for a number of years before i switched to airsoft, there is no such thing as a paintball sniper. there are just riflemen, and support gunners. nothing more. In airsoft, you can actually have classes, so to speak. Albeit, the snipers in airsoft have a minimal (and i stress this point) advantage over other classes, it is there none-the-less. their FPS increase will provide a degree of range increase over standard guns, and so long as they have a good inner barrel and heavy weight bb, they will be more accurate than other people on the field. some goes for other classes such as a DM, or a rifleman. now that being said, and i come back to my point, there are no such provisions in paintball. The only range advantage one can have is with the flatline and/or Apex barrel, and both of those have crap accuracy (i know, i have used one and worked with another). other than that, everyone has the same range and the same accuracy on the field. sure, some barrels are better than others, but a longer barrel wont have the same effect in paintball as it will in airsoft. The same can be said for a tighter barrel. i dunno, those are just my thoughts.
Donster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2009, 19:46   #51
FOX_111
Le Roi des poissons d'avril

Airsoft acuracy and range advantage is so negligible, it just don't count. Unless we allow to play beyond the normal field rules.

Our bolt action rifle only offer better consistency and less noise. That transfer in better survivability with long shots.

Most of my kills in wooded environement are done inside 150 feets. The odd one being over 150fts. And since you only have one or two shots before having to desengage, you have to plan it, calculate and sometime, forget it.

Playing sniper in airsoft is a lot more than just shooting. And that can't be learned playing paintball or just watching tv. It take a lot of time and dedication.

Vérificateur d'âge: Terrebonne
FOX_111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2009, 22:06   #52
Amos

Yup, 2 years of using a bolt action and I'm still not a very good sniper... But I'm an awesome DMR
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2009, 22:38   #53
WingZER0

Quote:
Hey,

I have a quick question about Sniper Equipment since I'm staying in Paintball but I thought you guy's could help with Equipment xD Would you guy's suggest a ghillie suit over CADPAT with vest and other equipment so im able to hold more ammo as on a ghillie suit im not able to equipt a vest.
You won't need a vest. All the extras I needed for my VSR I packed into an Eagles shooter rifle stock pack (one spare mag, a TM magazine loader and a small baggy of about 200 BBs). Had a Camelbak for water and a small fanny pack to carry food and a multi tool, rest went into various pockets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pusangani View Post
where exactly do paintballers mount their sights when they have those kidney thingies on top of their guns?
Sights? What are these 'sights' you speak of?

Honestly, I don't think there was a real need for sights on a paintball gun. At the ranges you played at, it was either point-and-shoot, volley-fire-with-a-dozen-other-guys or don't-shoot-at-all.
WingZER0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2009, 22:52   #54
Huron
GabeGuitarded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos View Post
But I'm an awesome DMR
You don't look like a DMR

=P
Old April 5th, 2009, 22:56   #55
Erennert
A minor, using dad's ID

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingZER0 View Post
You won't need a vest. All the extras I needed for my VSR I packed into an Eagles shooter rifle stock pack (one spare mag, a TM magazine loader and a small baggy of about 200 BBs). Had a Camelbak for water and a small fanny pack to carry food and a multi tool, rest went into various pockets.

Sights? What are these 'sights' you speak of?

Honestly, I don't think there was a real need for sights on a paintball gun. At the ranges you played at, it was either point-and-shoot, volley-fire-with-a-dozen-other-guys or don't-shoot-at-all.
QFT. It's pretty much who can shoot faster, and has more ammo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquamarine View Post
I'm a sniper.

Because I'm fat and can't run fast.
Erennert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2009, 23:12   #56
Malice Army

Quote:
Originally Posted by pusangani View Post
A paintball gun doesn't have hopup or backspin, so the balls shoot in an arc instead of flat, paintball guns only shoot 300fps, so you can see the balls. You shoot a paintball gun more like a fire hose, ya kinda watch where they fall and adjust. So ya don't aim traditionally like with a real gun or airsoft gun. A high end tournament marker (gun) fires 22-24+ balls per second (which will cost you around $2000 with an airsystem) Accuracy Through Volume.

Last edited by Malice Army; April 5th, 2009 at 23:15..
Malice Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2009, 23:29   #57
kelebay

although paintball guns dont have hop up, they are cpable of a system similar to hop up, its called an apex tip, its an adjustable rubber ramp that creates friction with the ball to give it a varying degree of backspin, as per the sights, They do work, I've got a G&P aimpoint replica on mine and it works well, there are tons of aftermarket barrels out there for paintabll but sights are only useful to about 75feet, after that paintball guns are innacurate/have dropped to much. Although a few guys have mad rail risers that have an adjustable angle to compensate for the ball drop.
kelebay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2009, 23:57   #58
WingZER0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erennert View Post
QFT. It's pretty much who can shoot faster, and has more ammo.
Eh, yes and no. Fast accurate snap shooting got me outta more jams then sustained fired but I played with a CCI phantom over a year before switching to a semi so learning how your gun shot became paramount to actually winning.

Usually I just fired a string of four; first shot pointed straight at the the next three rising up slightly. If I can't peg a target after four shots I've either horribly misjudged the distance / wind or I've picked a really bad shot... both amount to being my own fault.

I played a lot more woodsball though, far more relaxed and fun the speedball.
WingZER0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2009, 07:23   #59
King Cobra

Speed ball Boo (N) Woods ball Yayy (Y)

Paintball gun's shoot a lower FPS because they're able to shoot farther and hurt a lot more then Airsoft. If a paintball rifle ran at the FPS that a Airsoft Rifle ran at... When someone would be crying :P alot :P or going to the hospital or something.
Old April 6th, 2009, 08:35   #60
FOX_111
Le Roi des poissons d'avril

Quote:
Speed ball Boo (N) Woods ball Yayy (Y)

Paintball gun's shoot a lower FPS because they're able to shoot farther and hurt a lot more then Airsoft. If a paintball rifle ran at the FPS that a Airsoft Rifle ran at... When someone would be crying :P alot :P or going to the hospital or something.
Not exacly.

They shoot at 280fps, maybe 300fps max because their paintball are heavy and transfer a lot of energy on impact. They won't shoot farther than airsoft because the paintball would burst in the barrel or crash to the ground short of what the usual range of an AEG is, simply because they don't fly the same.

Even with your paintball "hopup", that won't be able to tolerate high fps to compensate for range.

Vérificateur d'âge: Terrebonne
FOX_111 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank