Canadian Airsoft Girls Calendar

:

General

Old May 5th, 2009, 09:50   #46
R.I.T.Z
Crackers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethal Barbie View Post
I would gladly make a calendar with T7, but if i'm not wrong, that would not make it an all-girl calendar... lol i guess you did not find out her dirty secret...
I didn't find out and really I'm not one to care, or to judge. I can deal with everyone without discrimination or stupid comments, you know what i'm just gonna stop talking about this before i get into trouble

as for your photo its great, those are the kind of shots that will make or break this calendar

Last edited by R.I.T.Z; May 5th, 2009 at 10:04..
R.I.T.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2009, 11:04   #47
Wilson

HT will be taking some pics of our friends in gear with proper stances and such sometime this summer. I'll contribute a couple months with that.
Old May 5th, 2009, 11:33   #48
PrimaryBadKat

<<< not the best lookin but would love to contribute for the meaning of the calender, actual women that get up in the moring to go to the field to get sweaty, dirty and shot at! Personally if it were models id be pissed! Some full hair and made up Bit, with a gun that she has not idea wtf it is and what it does, holding it cuz some guy handed it to her as said hold it like this..... shot in some studio. Just my opinion.

My cuzin is a photographer and is in Regina, and would love to do a shot like this! Plus i dont think Aquamarine is going to be in Canada much longer, would however love for him to shoot it too! BUT not wanting to volunteer anyone, will see about posting a thread on PDW too see if any of the local girls that have played would be intireasted!

Kat
PrimaryBadKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2009, 11:33   #49
R.I.T.Z
Crackers

before anything gets shot or published and things get slightly out of hand i'm gonna post something very important model and property release forms.
they have to be signed by the people in the pictures, the photographer, and the owner of the property that your taking pictures on. i don't want this coming back and biting anyone on the ass so please please please use them, make sure everyone gets a copy. the model the photographer and property owner along with one copy needs to be kept by you. and its great to hear people are up for this
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Model and Property release.pdf (74.6 KB, 25 views)
Old May 5th, 2009, 12:18   #50
PrimaryBadKat

going onlong my mery way of the day and thought......
the only way theyre going to know there are girls are in the pics are due to the name of the calender. Well, i shouldnt assume that im not the only one that does not look like a chick in full gear.... sorry, i think i need to keep my opinions to myself! lmao

Kat
PrimaryBadKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2009, 12:27   #51
R.I.T.Z
Crackers

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimaryBadKat View Post
going onlong my mery way of the day and thought......
the only way theyre going to know there are girls are in the pics are due to the name of the calender. Well, i shouldnt assume that im not the only one that does not look like a chick in full gear.... sorry, i think i need to keep my opinions to myself! lmao

Kat
hah well you can wear what ever you feel more comfortable in the full gear less than full gear :P
and i'm pretty sure the guys will know that they're looking at girls,
Old May 5th, 2009, 12:37   #52
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

I think

That the best approach would be very well camoflaged women in landscape photos where you can't actually see them... right off

so you have 1 photo for each month .. in the season of the month with 1 camoflaged female airsofter hidden in the picture.

Then it's not about "who's attractive or not" it about who's hidden the best.

I'd buy that calendar..
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2009, 12:40   #53
Aquamarine
PanSexual

Send a message via MSN to Aquamarine Send a message via Yahoo to Aquamarine Send a message via Skype™ to Aquamarine
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimaryBadKat View Post
Plus i dont think Aquamarine is going to be in Canada much longer, would however love for him to shoot it too!
Well thank you! I'll happily help out if I can, but you're certainly right, I return to Japan in August. However, that's four months that we have in which time to get a series of shoots in.
Old May 5th, 2009, 12:55   #54
R.I.T.Z
Crackers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquamarine View Post
Well thank you! I'll happily help out if I can, but you're certainly right, I return to Japan in August. However, that's four months that we have in which time to get a series of shoots in.
good to hear your on board

but remember use the release forms, don't think your safe all the way back in japan, the law shall find thee!

if anyone is up for it, post your head shots, we'll talk, see who can take the pictures, and see where this all takes us
Old May 5th, 2009, 13:54   #55
Mikhail

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.T.Z View Post
that was refreshing, i'm working on everything

calendars would be made in bulk. there are deals everywhere or we can make them to order

distribution ASC mart, privately there are options

which brings up other things, talking to who ever is running ASC mart, making sure they're okay with it. the profits would be for ASC and to cover costs.

basically fund raising for ASC.
Mike's wife Chris hijacking his account as a potential model lol: Lulu (http://www.lulu.com/) prints calendars (as well as books) on demand. We've used them (for books); good quality.

Basically what happens is you upload your file, and then you get an url that links to the calendar/book, that you can advertise wherever you like (you can get Buy Now buttons too). When (and only when) someone orders one, then one is printed off and sent to them. Lulu takes a cut over and above the cost of printing it off, and the rest you keep. They will either mail out a cheque quarterly or PayPal you the profits monthly.

The best part about them is that if no one buys one, you are out NO money, and as soon as you sell ONE, you've made a profit. I.e., no risk.

Check them out.
Mikhail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2009, 14:24   #56
R.I.T.Z
Crackers

thanks a bunch.
thats some great info there.
Old May 5th, 2009, 14:33   #57
Mikhail

Mikhail's wife Chris here again... As someone who's worked on collaborative long-distance projects before, I think this could be a lot of fun, and is absolutely doable. I also think you're getting a bit over-complicated in the execution, what with provincial photographers and representatives and all.

What I'd suggest is put the word out to the girls that you're taking submissions for the calendar. Let THEM sort out their photographers (friend, boyfriend, whatever), and have them email a designated person their say five best shots. Have a standard size, quality, and format they should send them in at (jpeg, 400 dpi, whatever), so the shots can be blown up to calendar size without losing too much resolution. Then the editor(s) pick the twelve best shots and put the calendar together.

I'd suggest additionally that if it's an action or distance shot (i.e. it's hard to pick out the player let alone tell they're female lol), that perhaps a head shot be included, or a shot of the player if the main shot is a bit camo-y (i.e. she's hard to see lol). They can include a little blurb to go where you'd get the usual photo description in the calendar (you know, the standard "Sunset over Banff National Park" bit) that has maybe her call sign, and say her loadout and how long she's been playing. You know. Something that makes her a person as well as a figure in a picture, and also proves she's an actual player and not just a model lol.

May go out and shoot some pics ourselves in a bit. Oh, the waivers are a good idea.

Last edited by Mikhail; May 5th, 2009 at 14:43.. Reason: whoops..found the pdf link...doht
Mikhail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2009, 14:36   #58
MrEvolution
MrChairsoft

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSeven View Post
Plan B: Ugly guys, nice guns.

Yes, thats me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGrail25 View Post
I'm no expert on the law, but the only victims of rape in this story are the 40 men.
MrEvolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2009, 14:42   #59
Crunchmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSeven View Post
Plan B: Ugly guys, nice guns.
Hey! A calendar I can be in!!!
Old May 5th, 2009, 14:50   #60
Barbie
Official Narcissistic Puma

Send a message via MSN to Barbie
Yay... Girls are starting to get on board, that is awesome... And let me say, it aint a freaking beauty contest... IT's to represent the actual girls in airsoft... Yes you can wear some make up, lol, i do, but nothing big... What you see is what you get... And for some that think that they would not like it, well, just dont buy the freaking calendar... lol It,s a really cool idea, and i feel i'm repeating myself, but we want the real girls of airsoft... lol If u paint your face when you play, well, go ahead... If you dont feel comfortable with a tank top, dont wear one... I believe that everyone is beautiful, and a good photograph can prove it to you...
aqua, your pics are awesome, so i'm sure you could manage to get a few...

I dont have a team, i have an open relationship with many... Jealous? Yep! I tought so..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themis View Post
Now if you excuse me, I have to go put on my spacesuit to attend my "And much more" training session.
Barbie is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General