Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Movies/Video Games/Sci-fi
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Wasteland weekend

:

Movies/Video Games/Sci-fi

Old December 9th, 2014, 22:58   #1
whisper_kill

Wasteland weekend

Been considering putting together a milsim, based on post apocalyptic world filled with mad max types fueled by drugs and mad with radiation poisoning.

A small, scattered and stealthy multinational special operations force would need to find each other, establish their hide and achieve a goal or two. Keeping it as simple as possible.

My biggest concern is finding enough people who would be solid role players on the crazed tribe side and building awesome elaborate sets.

I've run plenty of games, big and small. I've run conventions, built props and sets and a million other things... but it's up to the community as to whether a concept like this would be allowed to take off.

Below are tentative planning details that I am revealing before the "official" game thread opens up.

Event Name: Black Aurora
Tentative Event Date: Saturday, September 26th, 2015 13:00hrs - 24:00hrs
Produced by: Killhaüs Entertainment OPS Inc.
Sponsored by: BBBastard

In the year 2018, our sun had multiple, massive Coronal Mass Ejection (CME) events.

First, high-energy sunlight, mostly x-rays and ultraviolet light, ionized the Earth's upper atmosphere, interfering with radio communications. Next came the radiation storms followed by the big CMEs.

Our satellite network was first to fall. Followed by destruction of our electrical grid. GPS was disabled. Passenger jets fell from the sky. Buildings caught fire. The internet became silent.

Our planet fell into darkness. We all looked skyward, watching the massive light show of hyperactive aurora that enveloped the entire planet. It got cold. It stayed dark. From the silence grew the sounds of fear, suffering and discontent.

Then the real chaos began. People rampaged, mad with radiation sickness. Anarchists looted and killed. Governments toppled under the weight of humanity. Armies were dispersed, fragmented, reduced to handfuls of poorly equipped soldiers.

Humans formed tribes each with their own forms of distorted rules, to try and survive, scavenging and killing for what little scraps they could. Methods to manufacture pharmaceuticals were invented to help ease the pain of suffering... while others were producing powerful psychotic drugs for their own demented agendas. A twisted... mutated existence began to take shape in an effort to bring back those things in our pre-CME life that gave us comfort.

But the Tribes of the Wasteland were not the only ones carving out their piece of our dead planet.

Welcome to Black Aurora.

Interested Players:
BigLoad
Malcolm Tanner
Zack the Ripper
Gunny1980
CROM
Forever_Kaos
Ironaeon
Red Dot
Army Issue

Tentative Player Structure:

Military Units:
United Kingdom, 4 players
United States, 6 players
Japan, 4 players

Semi-auto only.
Real/low-capacity magazines only.
Maximum of 300 rounds per person. Do NOT bring BBs. We supply the BBs.
NightVision permitted.
Radios permitted.
Any military camo pattern BDU permitted. No flat colours (i.e., Olive Drab)

Post-Apocalyptic Tribe (to be named):
Tribe Leader, 1 player
Tribe Members: 20 players

Semi-auto only.
Real/low-capacity magazines only.
Maximum of 100 rounds per person. Do NOT bring BBs. We supply the BBs.
NO NightVision.
NO radios.
Non military attire (NO camo patterns). ALL players must be "in post-apo costume" and meet minimum requirements (to be posted).

Lost Angeles NPCs (non-player characters):
DJ, 1 NPC
Barkeep/Trader, 1 NPC
Gate Keepers/Decontamination, 2 NPC
Partiers? As many as would like to show up and have fun.

Last edited by whisper_kill; January 30th, 2015 at 13:50..
whisper_kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2014, 00:00   #2
Wilkie

We do a game like this every year, called Op: Hubris. People start out with pistols and single shot weapons, and have to "buy" or upgrade by finding loot (poker chips, plastic gems, random junk) around the field and bringing it back to the trading post to be traded for credits. The amount of credits you start out with is dependant on a quick costume contest.

There are no set teams, but people can join up (and hopefully eventually betray ) other players, to complete quests, which can also earn them credits.

Next year we plan on making it a limited ammo game where ammunition must be purchased in small quantities as well.
Wilkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2014, 02:12   #3
Red Dot
Google level: BOSS

I was thinking Mad Max and sure enough that is what it looks like. I would be down for a game like this especially if you can get someone to pull this guy off...

Red Dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2014, 11:30   #4
Zack The Ripper

Send a message via MSN to Zack The Ripper
^I'm down.
Old December 10th, 2014, 12:23   #5
Armyissue
Administrator of Pants

Send a message via MSN to Armyissue Send a message via Skype™ to Armyissue
Way back in the day WP hosted a full day game and then Sat Night was a bonfire and party. Yeah if some spec op type guy slink away from the party and start perusing objectives that would be pretty keen. Post Apoc game followed by Party and continued game for spec ops and the general pop is aware something going on if they can tear them selves away from the party lol. I could support that kind of action.
Armyissue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2014, 12:40   #6
Jo_Canadian

Just walk away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dot View Post
I was thinking Mad Max and sure enough that is what it looks like. I would be down for a game like this especially if you can get someone to pull this guy off...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian McIlmoyle View Post
RULES

Give your friend the benefit of the doubt and SHOOT HIM AGAIN.
Jo_Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2014, 12:55   #7
Gunny1980

You know were I stand on this Fuck yeah!!
Gunny1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2014, 20:38   #8
whisper_kill

Like everything I approach, the vision is grand, and ultimately relies on the quality of the players involved. I think I may start with a small, highly immersive concept as a tester and see how it goes from there.

Ive travelled this road before and to do it right is a hella lot of work, but it could be something that evolves and grows into a big event each year.
Old December 28th, 2014, 22:19   #9
Bigload

I was searching for post-apocalyptic themed airsoft weapons and wanted to see if anyone here share the same interest... interesting enough, we do have people who share this zombie / waste-land theme

Some Fallout inspired gear / players

Some airsoft Steam Punk goggles, leather jackets, gloves, ripped pants and fur coats, - all from the Thrift Store!
Bigload is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2014, 22:29   #10
Bigload

Bigload is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2014, 08:22   #11
Covax

Well, you've got to come to the next Op: New Ottawa. We've got side missions, gambling, a fight pit and pie!

From what I know tentative date is July 18.

My team were asked to be the Raiders last year, The Order of the Bone:

Last edited by Covax; December 29th, 2014 at 08:24..
Covax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2014, 22:37   #12
CR0M

its the perfect storm for a game like this in southern ontario... I know myself and my team would be down for a game like this for sure.
Old January 8th, 2015, 13:12   #13
whisper_kill

This sounds quite tempting. We might make a road trip here! If you could please update this thread when you have more info, it would be greatl;y appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Covax View Post
Well, you've got to come to the next Op: New Ottawa. We've got side missions, gambling, a fight pit and pie!

From what I know tentative date is July 18.

My team were asked to be the Raiders last year, The Order of the Bone:

Old January 8th, 2015, 13:21   #14
whisper_kill

'If' I decide to move forward with a small initial proof-of-concept game/event, I would definitely need additional support from the airsoft/LARP/Cosplay community, in terms of set and prop construction, game management etc...

I already received one offer of support from "BigLoad", but if anyone else would seriously be interested in helping (I say seriously because I'm sick and tired of wannabe flakes who express their desire to help and then disappear into the night when you really need them!), then please let me know via PM, and I will add you to my list of volunteers.

I myself build and detail costumes for both Post Apocalyptic AND futuristic soldier armour year round, so I would definitely be in character, but an event like this, it would be MANDATORY that each and every participant meet the minimum costume requirements.

The goal of an event like this would be to try and create something new and highly immersive, something extremely fun to participate in and lastly, something very well organized and ultimately... safe.

I'll be giving this more thought over the next few weeks, but as mentioned before, if I move forward, the first event would be small, probably in the realm of around 20 people.
Old January 8th, 2015, 13:54   #15
MalcomTanner

Hell yeah This is a great idea! I've been hoping to find something like this for ever since i started at Elegy!
MalcomTanner is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Movies/Video Games/Sci-fi