Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

LiPo Ready - Is My Rifle LiPo Ready? How can I tell?

:

Newbie Tank

Old August 18th, 2012, 21:35   #76
PrIeSt
takagari

Send a message via MSN to PrIeSt Send a message via Skype™ to PrIeSt
Make it an optional feature
PrIeSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2012, 02:40   #77
BennyBoy

Hey dudes, I was reading on the first few pages and one post said my rifle should have certain things upgraded to run a 11.1v lipo. I'm currently running a stock VFC VAC PDW, TA recommends either 7.4v or 11.1v lipo... I'm confused and I don't want to full retard my new baby. The post is a little over 2 years old so I wonder if anything has changed. Thanks

(it's a Firefox 11.1v lip 1300 mAh, 20c)

Last edited by BennyBoy; December 7th, 2012 at 02:44..
BennyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2012, 13:04   #78
Lockark

Sorry if this has been asked before but...

I don't want to upgrade my AEG's battery for performance, but longevity/battery life.

Is their a way to do that, or are you better off just having a back-up battery to swap in a game if it runs out? Will a li-po of the same voltage accomplish that? thanks!
Lockark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2012, 13:36   #79
MaciekA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockark View Post
Sorry if this has been asked before but...

I don't want to upgrade my AEG's battery for performance, but longevity/battery life.

Is their a way to do that, or are you better off just having a back-up battery to swap in a game if it runs out? Will a li-po of the same voltage accomplish that? thanks!
Very high quality LiPos that can last a whole day of airsoft are cheaper than some purchases at Starbucks, so if you do have some spare cash it's often worth the upgrade to a larger size LiPo (as opposed to fiddling around with "longevity techniques" on NiMH batteries). You may perhaps need more room in your rifle depending on your setup. If you have a full stock on your rifle (AK or M16 for example), it's easy to find 7.4V LiPos in excess of 2500mAh that will rarely if ever leave you wanting a backup battery, even on high power, high RoF setups. I recommend the batteries from hobbyking.com, but if you would rather order from a Canadian shop, you can also try the Gens Ace batteries at airsoftstore.ca ... Check out their sales thread in the retailer subforum.

Now you know

MaciekA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2012, 13:54   #80
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

If you're looking strictly for energy efficiency, first step would be to upgrade your trigger to a MOSFET, and upgrade all your wiring to low resistance stuff
That will give you a significant boost
Then if you want to spend a bit more money, get a good motor, or your current motor tuned up.
And then of course switch to LiPo. 7.4v LiPo used with a MOSFET will give you around the same ROF as a 9.6v NiMH mini battery
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2013, 18:37   #81
LIL'WEI
/ \ This close to receiving an ASC castration. Luckily we kind of like you.

nice info!!
LIL'WEI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2013, 19:49   #82
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

So am i reading this correctly and understanding?
Say i dont want to go to lipo i could still make my old school batteries last longer by increasing the eficiantcy of my gun by going to low resistance wires a mofset and deans connections? Then id also be safd to run 7.4 20-30c lipo if i had to borrow a lipo off of somebody just id need to plug one of those cheapo voltage monitor things in line between the gun and bat so i dont kill the persons battery?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2013, 23:32   #83
ThunderCactus

Yep, that's correct
Old January 30th, 2013, 09:23   #84
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

thank you much i thought so just beter to hear it from one of you experts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2016, 02:28   #85
WildBill357

didnt read all 6 pages but i am getting the feeling that if i run a 7.4v lipo on my AEG recomended for 9.6nhMH i will be just fine if not better off on the 7.4 and the gun wont get shreaded on the lipo?

unless i get a gun that uses a MOSFET thing, then use 11.1v lipo?

have a couple aegs and use 9.6n type ones, was thinking of getting some 8.4nhmh to use when i loan em out so a stranger doesnt fry anything while overusing fullauto...but should i get a couple lipos....?i wasnt planning on it untill i finally get a gun to mod out cause it will have one of the mosfet things on the stock gun i chose to make my customized personal primary
WildBill357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2016, 03:13   #86
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

Essentially yes. Your gun should run fine on a 7.4, but there's the possibility that it isn't enough juice to cycle then gun, either buy a stiff spring or a motor. That's pretty rare though. Get a MOSFET before running 11.1 or you run the risk of frying your gun. That's it, in a nutshell.
Old July 18th, 2016, 13:42   #87
ThunderCactus

Voltage is what sets the maximum speed of your motor.
But if you starve the motor of amperage, the speed will be reduced.
So between an 8.4v NiMH and 7.4v LiPo, the higher voltage NiMH battery should cycle your gun faster. HOWEVER, small NiMH batteries have shit for discharge rate, so they tend to starve the motor of amperage.
It's a bit complicated, but simply said; the 7.4 LiPo has a greater potential to make your gun shoot faster than even a 9.6v or 10.8v NiMH mini battery.

If you find your gun is too slow for you liking on the 7.4, you can just upgrade to a slightly higher speed motor, or lower gear ratio.
Stock, Probably expect around 16-20rps with the 7.4 lipo.
And you can run your gun off a 7.4 lipo *reliably* with no modification. Won't hurt anything.

I can spend 2 minutes and type out all the incredibly amazing advantages of having LiPo over NiMH batteries, or you can just read about it here:
http://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=156571
Old November 4th, 2018, 12:12   #88
NogoyaArsenal

thanks for the info on lipo's this has given me some info on a gun im probs gonna put together in the next few days
NogoyaArsenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2019, 23:38   #89
Atomikdave

If a 7.4 lipo has a discharge rate of 45C would it have more power than an 11.1v lipo with only a 20C rating?
Atomikdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2019, 00:49   #90
kyle milliken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomikdave View Post
If a 7.4 lipo has a discharge rate of 45C would it have more power than an 11.1v lipo with only a 20C rating?
Maybe, maybe not.

So a c-rating is a number in an equation not a real rating of power or amps. So if you have 900mah 7.4v lipo at 45c then that means you have a lipo that can output 40.5Amps [(900mah=.9ah).9ah x 45=40.5]. Now if your 11.1 is 2050 you can output 41 amps.

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
Albert Einstein
US (German-born) physicist (1879 - 1955)
kyle milliken is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank