Space Gun Roni, Part 1

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old September 26th, 2015, 18:36   #1
daishi

Send a message via MSN to daishi
Space Gun Roni, Part 1

Hello all.

So I recently just got a Roni kit for my TM glock and as soon as I looked at it I thought "This needs to be a space gun". What better way to do that with some snazzy (if not tacky) LED's?

So I got together some parts that I had lying around, such as an old set of LED lights strips that I cut up to size.

Gluing it to hold it in place with the added help of random stuff I could reach from my sitting place.

Here is the circuit board with the original power source for an AC/DC converter removed, as well as a cord with a IR to pickup the remote control to change the colours, brightness and patterns! Removing the old board from its housing was a fun chore, and getting the old AC/DC power adapter off the board took ages with my soldering iron.... I needed a new tip >.>

I managed to source the male end from Toronto Airsoft, I do believe it was Pesto if I'm not much mistaken. 2 bucks in change for it Added some hot glue in the back of the wires for added stability.

Set the IR wire to the first dummy laser hole so I can control it without ever having to take it out of the box.

Packing the whole unit into a PEQ-2 battery box turned out to be easier then expected. Each item (battery and circuit board) each took up exactly half the space. The only play is with the battery wobbling up and down, so I added a strip of foam to the battery. Now there's no wobble or sound from the unit!

All packed in there.

Here's how the IR sensor looks from the outside.

Completed product with wired attachment end.

COLOURS AND STUFF AND PICTURES AND THINGS

AND a VIDEO? Yah I know I spoil you.

VIDEO VIDEO VIDEO >>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qL_Kgv_Db1o

So in the end I now have a lighting unit on my gun that I can change to any 16 colours, increase and decrease brightness, set to different lighting patterns, and of course turn on and off, all with a remote control.

The next thing I plan on doing is taking an old reverse camera setup I have and converting it into a digital sight for the gun. Thinking about pairing the LED screen with the camera and a holo sight, and packaging it all inside a 3D printed housing unit. MOAR Lights? Not sure. Anything is possible.

Check out my other custom mods!

Tm MK23 LAM Unit modding, its actually useful now??! http://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=161643
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian291 View Post
This is one of the funniest things I've read.
Commandment 1 of LMGesus: Fuck getting kills. That's the job of your teammates, otherwise known as the cannon fodder. Your job is to be scary.

Last edited by daishi; September 26th, 2015 at 22:12..
daishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2015, 19:42   #2
Chairs

Nice looking setup. Now I need a glock......
Chairs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2015, 21:33   #3
MultipleParadox

Not bad!
PEQ seems a bit big in comparison to my liking but if it works like you want it to work...!

Also, you meant IR, not RFID

GBBR- bang bang -- Giggle

AEG-- merrrzip merrzip -- meh
MultipleParadox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2015, 22:13   #4
daishi

Send a message via MSN to daishi
Quote:
Originally Posted by MultipleParadox View Post
Not bad!
PEQ seems a bit big in comparison to my liking but if it works like you want it to work...!

Also, you meant IR, not RFID
Anything smaller wouldnt be able to fit the battery and circuit board and wires.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian291 View Post
This is one of the funniest things I've read.
Commandment 1 of LMGesus: Fuck getting kills. That's the job of your teammates, otherwise known as the cannon fodder. Your job is to be scary.
daishi is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications