Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner > AEG Solutions
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

The "joys" (aka. trials) of being a gun doctor!

:

AEG Solutions

Old February 26th, 2011, 14:28   #31
R.I.T.Z
Crackers

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN_Stalker View Post
Is all good, better than getting raped about starting a "repost thread".

Thats one thing that gets me about this ASC place, a new (or old player) gets flamed for asking a an age old question and all replies are "Search it, we don't spoon feed around here", yet when an old thread is brought back from the depths (maybe a search was done, a thread found but inquiry not answered, or new info is provided in said thread), the new person gets flamed for "necroing" an old post. Obviously a search was done, so what's the big deal?

Honestly, I've been here since 2003 and it all still baffles me, most things info-wise are a catch 22. Damned if you did, damned if you didn't. :-?
I dont mind necroing as long as the newest post has something to do with the actual topic and has relevancy.
but most of the necros i've seen fall under "lol, dude thats epic, etc..." which is useless, when more useful topics get bumped down

as for gun doc moments.
deans connectors put on backwards 2x the battery ones on the gun, and the polarity reversed
(i am by no means a gundoc either just something that happened)
R.I.T.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2011, 14:41   #32
DarkAngel
* Age Verifier status suspended *

Send a message via MSN to DarkAngel
Some people do that on purpose so others dont steal their batteries. Personally it doesnt bug so much as I ask them to provide their own battery and mag with their guns.

Certified Sniper Clinic Instructor and Counter Sniper
Sentinel Arms Customs - Specializing In Unique, One of a kind guns
DarkAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2011, 15:32   #33
coach
aka coachster

Well there is an issue with the male deans on the battery though as it's too easy to short. Follows with fires or exploding lipos....
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2011, 15:36   #34
DarkAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachster View Post
Well there is an issue with the male deans on the battery though as it's too easy to short. Follows with fires or exploding lipos....
Agreed.

Old February 26th, 2011, 17:22   #35
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Someone wanted me to change their deans connection on their gun to mini.

I agreed. Then sighed heavily. A few times.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2011, 17:24   #36
DarkAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styrak View Post
Someone wanted me to change their deans connection on their gun to mini.

I agreed. Then sighed heavily. A few times.
Ive done this.... with great protest.

But end of the day, its their gun.

Old February 26th, 2011, 19:02   #37
MadMax
Delierious Designer of Dastardly Detonations

Location: in the dark recesses of some metal chip filled machine shop
Fixing my first AEG at a field: the motor tab had fatigued off from vibration. It was the first time I ever got to field that gun, but I was lucky to have brought a toolbox with me which had my microtorch and some solder. I carefully soldered the terminal back on (tough to not overheat with a torch) and started on closing things up. I thought I was pretty clever until I noticed that the grip was behind the motor terminal while I was heating it and I scortched a pretty deep blastmark in it. Note to self: when focusing on fixing one area with a torch look behind the thing you're working on and see what else might be in the line of fire (literally).

I still got to keep playing at least.

I hated fixing anything that first went to good gun docs. I used to get all the poltergeist GBBs after good guys like Gump had struggled with them. I often was able to figure things out (eventually), but the issues almost always had two or more things wrong which presents some strange symptoms that often look like something else.

MadMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2011, 19:41   #38
ScooterVauto

Never ever use thread locker blue on a KJW lower..
It disolves the plastic... At least I go the new lower at cost
Lt. Alexander Washington -(Red Tails 1944) Ret.
ScooterVauto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2012, 08:46   #39
angrypanda83

I've only had my weapon a few days...

Thing pretty much just farted BB's out once in awhile, and on top of that, it was only every third or forth trigger pull...

As I've come to realize... It's either one of two issues...

Bucking, which fell apart when I breathed on it.
Or a mag issue...

The bucking seems to be the problem because it was really REALLY mangled... The mag could also be an issue, but I've yet to even prove my theory.

Knowing my love of expensive toys (avionics tech up in Trenton $250 million dollar toy to tinker with) I decided to try and fix the problem myself...

You lads... are life savers...

All the tips, tricks, and FM (f$cking magic) you guys posses helped me figure out the problem(s) pretty quickly... It's not rocket science, but there is a knack to being able to see a problem, troubleshoot it quickly, and on top of that... actually repair it.

So thanks.
angrypanda83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2012, 10:11   #40
brently0725

I love the things I've seen. Like guys using any type of silicone spray on their stuff. You need to read on it if it is Oring safe. Any spray that has rubber safe still has solvent in it and will wear down your plastic and hop ups.
Old October 30th, 2012, 15:16   #41
jordan7831
will always be Mike Litoris in our hearts

You think that is bad? Well how about people that like to dump silicone oil in their guns to lube it. I have bought many a gun where the owners lubbed their guns up by dumping silicone oil into the trigger parts. What a mess it is to clean up!

Or how about when people try to improvise by using a sharpie to touch up paint ware. If your going to touch up paint ware, at least invest in a 5 dollar bottle of gun blue!
jordan7831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2012, 20:43   #42
Kingsix

I had a client who had his mechbox stuck in his lower receiver. After a little bit of poking around I managed to get the mechbox out with light taps on a flat head screwdriver with a hammer.

Turns out the Owner opened up the mechbox and in the process of closing her up didn't tighten every screw. Because the screw was sticking out the mechbox wouldn't go into the receiver. The gun owner thought it was a good ideal to use a hammer instead of looking for anything out of the ordinary.

Long story short Screw head was bent and caused the mechbox to get stuck.

Hopefully I'll get more guns for this gun so I can get good at gundoc work.

One Client had me move a pin on a Type 89 gear from one side to the other. All the did was tap it with a Flat-head Screwdriver and hammer. Easiest gundoc job I've done thus far.

Another client I have initially thought soldering was twisting two wires together and using heat-shrink tubing to seal the connection. He is also impervious to my attempts to teach him to solder.

The Soviet optic plate on my RPK is held on by PL premium. The aluminium was too soft for the screws and my Massive Fuckoff nightvision scope was yanking the screws out of the receiver. The Rail is now on tight and I can even cary the whole gun around by using the scope as a carry handle. Mark me impressed with PL Premium construction glue.
Old November 19th, 2012, 16:24   #43
Cifyra
Iskaryot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsix View Post
I had a client who had his mechbox stuck in his lower receiver. After a little bit of poking around I managed to get the mechbox out with light taps on a flat head screwdriver with a hammer.

Turns out the Owner opened up the mechbox and in the process of closing her up didn't tighten every screw. Because the screw was sticking out the mechbox wouldn't go into the receiver. The gun owner thought it was a good ideal to use a hammer instead of looking for anything out of the ordinary.

Long story short Screw head was bent and caused the mechbox to get stuck.

Hopefully I'll get more guns for this gun so I can get good at gundoc work.

One Client had me move a pin on a Type 89 gear from one side to the other. All the did was tap it with a Flat-head Screwdriver and hammer. Easiest gundoc job I've done thus far.

Another client I have initially thought soldering was twisting two wires together and using heat-shrink tubing to seal the connection. He is also impervious to my attempts to teach him to solder.

The Soviet optic plate on my RPK is held on by PL premium. The aluminium was too soft for the screws and my Massive Fuckoff nightvision scope was yanking the screws out of the receiver. The Rail is now on tight and I can even cary the whole gun around by using the scope as a carry handle. Mark me impressed with PL Premium construction glue.
Old November 19th, 2012, 21:07   #44
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Hammers sometimes solve problems, but a lot of times they don't. And airsoft guns are fairly fragile.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2012, 11:52   #45
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

lol... pl premium... there's probably a reason mike holmes likes that shit.
lurkingknight is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner > AEG Solutions