Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

URGENT- POTENTIAL SCAMMER - Any info for USER - Dongtheimpailer

:

General

Old December 22nd, 2019, 12:52   #61
m362li

Quote:
Originally Posted by pl19 View Post
[url]https://www.reddit.com/r/airsoftmarket/comments/edys00/wtscan_crye_cpc_lbt_6094a/[url]

Looks like he is also on reddit too. Didn't even bother changing the username either.
m362li is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2019, 12:56   #62
HeReigns

If you look at posts on the girlfriends facebook account, it would appear they are not even in Canada. Moved to Thailand?

Would seem he is scamming the groups he used to associate with, thinking there will be no repercussions?

"Remember...stop, drop and roll...will not work in hell"
HeReigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2019, 12:59   #63
manchovie

Send a message via ICQ to manchovie Send a message via AIM to manchovie Send a message via MSN to manchovie
I filed my police report and spoke to a constable, awaiting contact from a detective. Please PM me your police report numbers and I'll pass on the full list to them when they call. Remember that he can access these boards so keep information that may be useful to him to PMs.

MODS: can you make us a bunker so we can discuss things?

my b/s rating
manchovie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2019, 16:34   #64
Bigload

Is that his real profile on Facebook? Can someone confirm his face?
Bigload is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2019, 17:10   #65
pkindos

One of the mods took his verification away, so I don’t think he will be able to access this. I did a report online but will be doing one in person tomorrow morning. And yes that is his fb. Everything checks out with other ppl that have seen and dealt with him.
pkindos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2019, 17:17   #66
hollywood...
cranky old man

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkindos View Post
One of the mods took his verification away, so I don’t think he will be able to access this. I did a report online but will be doing one in person tomorrow morning. And yes that is his fb. Everything checks out with other ppl that have seen and dealt with him.
his Age Verification was taken away, he cannot access the classifieds but can still see this thread.
Old December 25th, 2019, 23:26   #67
pkindos

Anything change in this case?
pkindos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2019, 01:12   #68
shelcoof

To avoid crap like this I pay with a credit card nuff said
You can NEVER be too safe
shelcoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2019, 12:42   #69
Invasian
Likes it BOLD attention whore MAXIMUS!

Just happened to log on and read a message from Drakker.
For the record I have not seen that guy in years. I myself have been out of Airsoft for the last 5 years or so. I am shocked and appalled at this chain of events.
Invasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2019, 09:48   #70
hollywood...
cranky old man

any update on this guy?
Old December 27th, 2019, 15:45   #71
hinoobies

Hearing nothing but crickets at this point.

Police reports have been sent in from my part and many others. Based on the updates posted on the Facebook of Brian's gf they are in Thailand. I wouldn't be surprised if he ran off to Thailand to be with his gf and scammed us online to get a last bit of cash to live there

Last edited by hinoobies; December 27th, 2019 at 16:04..
hinoobies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2019, 16:45   #72
RainyEyes

Due to the lack of response and information let me be the first one to tell you all:

It will be 6 months to 1 year+ to have this person indicted for fraud. Police generally do not act on hybrid offences without sufficient evidence for fraud under $5000. The total tally of funds lost is close to $4k mark by my last estimates but my previous statement still stands, it takes 6+ months for someone to be criminally charged IF there is enough evidence.

Secondly, DO NOT EXPECT TO GET YOUR MONEY BACK FROM A CRIMINAL CHARGE. Police do NOT recover your funds. You should be contacting your financial institutions, banks, credit unions, and submitting an e-transfer SCAM DISPUTE.

Certain banks WILL collect funds lost for other financial institutions, others do not.

What does this mean?

Police hold the person criminally responsible. It is your duty to report to your FI to hold the scammer FINANCIALLY responsible.

If you have not reported the police report to your Bank by now you are delaying your chances of recovering your money.

Certain banks will NOT reimburse you for scam e-transfer a without a police report where you are going to hold them both criminally and civily responsible. The latter of which is going to be the case if your bank is not able to co-operate or recover your funds for you e.g. small claims court to sue.

And lastly, ASC is powerless to recover your money. These forums are not a form of insurance and should not be considered as such. This is just a self governed web-site for age verification and does not guarantee your money is safe. There is no middleman service, no disputes/chargebacks.

Deal with people who you know is responsible and have a positive reputation in the community.
WARNING:
Do not continue reading if you do not want to entertain conjecture and speculation.

The alleged scammer Brian Wong was a "med student" according to his ASC profile and he wears scrubs in his Facebook picture.

Here is what people should know:
People do NOT flunk out of med school without good reason. There is no other better way to say this than that once you get into med school, you are $100k+ in debt. If you suck at your studies they will make accommodations to tutor you and do everything they can to get a doctor. Otherwise they have someone whose life is essentially screwed without any marketable skills and lots of debt and no job to pay it back.

That being said, if this kind of activity is being conducted by this individual, it is reasonable to posit:
A. He's a liar
B. He messed up med school. HARD. And fled the country so he won't have to pay back his student medical loans. And knowing that, he scammed a bunch of people and fled to Thailand go start a new life.

Tl;dr, the dude is long gone and if you haven't filed a claim with your bank please assume your money is lost. The indictment and extradition of fraud may be possible but there's no guarantee of conviction either.

I feel sorry for every member who was affected especially to hinoobies and delta who I know personally. Hopefully this will be a learning lesson and reminder that this is a very special one-off case that is the worst case scenario. There are still lots of good people out there but we will definitely need more transparency to alert other members of potential scammers as soon as it is suspected.
RainyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2019, 17:42   #73
hollywood...
cranky old man

the fucker was online again today.

I'm Banning his ass
Old December 28th, 2019, 18:24   #74
Smok101

He might block me on Facebook or he deactivated his account.
Smok101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2019, 15:34   #75
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

And before anyone jumps on that stupid "class action lawsuit" bandwagon; you can't sue someone if they don't have any money
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General