Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Show your Eye-Pro

:

Gear Discussion

Old April 5th, 2012, 15:14   #16
durak

ESS profile turbofans, own a set of thermal lenses for them as well, great in all conditions, and have never had any issues with fog.
durak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2012, 01:02   #17
BennyBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaciekA View Post

I've been absolutely loving the ESS V12 Advancers in the colder weather. Been wearing them to every game since fall, basically since the temperatures dropped.

I noticed a HUGE difference in fogging/condensation performance when I switched to applying Fogtech with a very high quality microfiber cloth that came with my wife's fancy-pants high-fashion glasses.

Back in july/august, they would always condense up to the point where I had to switch to my JT Thermals (these should be in everyone's standby eye-pro collection). But they're excellent in anything ~15-18C and below.

edit: for the mask you see here I use a standard metal mesh face mask that I've painted "multicam"

does the face shield protrude over the goggles? i was thinking of a set up like this but unsure if it would fit together....some of the pictures i see have the nose part sticking rather high
BennyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2012, 10:02   #18
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

A little late, but I was oakley shopping last night and also took some interest in the radars and also need a prescription.

From what I can find out, there is no insert for the radars, the Rx lenses are glued right onto the primary lens shield. Though I think you should talk to oakley themselves or a dealer if you're interested and ask how that shit works... I think I'll be sticking with contacts and maybe a standard pair of radars or ESS ICE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wantabe_Warrior View Post
I'm currently using Empire Avatars with thermal lenses, but I'm looking at a pair of Oakley Radars (Range lenses). Has anybody used them, and does anybody know if the Oakley RX carrier will work with them?
lurkingknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2012, 23:19   #19
DarkDream

Hey guys, I've been shopping for eyepro lately, and fullseal is pretty much recommended from here to Toronto, I currently have Revision's Sawfly for non-fullseal but you see I'm asking for opinions from our femme-softers because everything about me is as tiny as possible, and the Revision Desert Locusts EAT MY FACE. From the bottom of my nose to my hairline, I was wondering if there's anything that's smaller height wise, or split-lens goggles which would fit better? Any suggestions.

All help appreciated.

EDIT: I also work at Lenscrafters, any RXs in ANYTHING with Oakley's name on it, needs to be done by Oakley, it's proprietary.
DarkDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2012, 02:53   #20
Curo
Cobalt Caliber

@Darkdream- Try ESS

I run

Revision Desert Locust
ESS NVG
Ballistic Oakley M frames

I'm looking at some super low pro full seal.
Curo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2012, 07:51   #21
drk242

running the smith optics boogie fanrickentastic.
http://www.smithoptics.ca/uploads/pr...20_listing.jpg
the 45 price is unheard of for balistic sealed goggles.
fit great and no cheek weld issues
Old May 4th, 2012, 10:23   #22
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

holy crap tiny... do you squeak if we squeeze you?

How about revision bullet ant? ESS advancer v12 was the ess equivalent but they were discontinued by the looks of it. If you need Rx they also have an Rx insert I believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDream View Post
Hey guys, I've been shopping for eyepro lately, and fullseal is pretty much recommended from here to Toronto, I currently have Revision's Sawfly for non-fullseal but you see I'm asking for opinions from our femme-softers because everything about me is as tiny as possible, and the Revision Desert Locusts EAT MY FACE. From the bottom of my nose to my hairline, I was wondering if there's anything that's smaller height wise, or split-lens goggles which would fit better? Any suggestions.

All help appreciated.

EDIT: I also work at Lenscrafters, any RXs in ANYTHING with Oakley's name on it, needs to be done by Oakley, it's proprietary.
Old May 4th, 2012, 12:15   #23
Viper717

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper717 View Post
Just in-case anyone was looking for eye-pro I saw that the Bastards site has now been updated with the new eye-pro, have already placed my order!!

http://www.bbbastard.com/eyepro.html

I'm not really entirely sure what the difference is for the Go Specs II & Go Specs III though? :S

Cheers!
Just ordered these should be low-pro enough for anyone will post back once they arrive.
Viper717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2012, 14:11   #24
DarkDream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt Caliber View Post
@Darkdream- Try ESS

I run

Revision Desert Locust
ESS NVG
Ballistic Oakley M frames

I'm looking at some super low pro full seal.
Which ESS are you referring to, and do we know how they compare height wise? They all seem just as large.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drk242 View Post
running the smith optics boogie fanrickentastic.
http://www.smithoptics.ca/uploads/pr...20_listing.jpg
the 45 price is unheard of for balistic sealed goggles.
fit great and no cheek weld issues
I'm really disappointed, the Smith Optic Boogie's look amazing, but down in the south of Ontario here, not many fields consider them "full seal" because of the holes in the front, and as soon as they have holes, it doesn't fit under their insurance policies. I also apparently cannot have anything that has two seperate lenses in order to comply with these policies as well, so it needs to be paintball mask styled, and can't fit like the bullet ant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkingknight View Post
holy crap tiny... do you squeak if we squeeze you?

How about revision bullet ant? ESS advancer v12 was the ess equivalent but they were discontinued by the looks of it. If you need Rx they also have an Rx insert I believe.
I may or may not squeak :3, also as mentioned slightly above this, it needs to be a single lens styled goggle, it just needs to be petite.

Thanks for all the advice, keep em coming! I feel like we're getting closer.
DarkDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2012, 10:04   #25
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

revision exoshield is smaller, but the foam pad was coming off one of the pairs I saw at a game on sunday, they were brand new. But they might be your only option. I hear revision has awesome support though, so that guy will probably be taken care of.
Old May 12th, 2012, 01:31   #26
Ghostnote

Revision Bullet ants with the mesh mask zip tied to it for less straps around the head. Its good for smaller faces and flatter faces.
Ghostnote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2012, 03:50   #27
KiLo64

No pic but:

ESS ICE (first pair that ever came out)
ESS NVG
Blackhawk Specops goggles
Wiley X SG-1
Oakley Gascan
Bolle T800
JT Proflex
JT Proteus II
VForce Grill
Empire Events

Coming soon: Smith Optics Boogie Regulator
KiLo64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2012, 21:05   #28
MaciekA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyBoy View Post
does the face shield protrude over the goggles? i was thinking of a set up like this but unsure if it would fit together....some of the pictures i see have the nose part sticking rather high
This setup works together great. The soft outline on the mesh mask lets you either mount it on top of the goggles on their edges (which I often do) or underneath (which I only sometimes do)... Either works good.

Now you know

MaciekA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2012, 21:06   #29
Off_kilter

has anyone tried revision desert locust with a mesh mask yet?

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion