Airsoft Canada
https://www.replicaairguns.ca/airsoft

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

predator missile...kinda

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old July 24th, 2010, 19:21   #16
Dart
 
Dart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Grande Prairie Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kos-Mos View Post
Wow!

I just want that Pred... soo nice kit for that price! Dirt cheap.

Also, RC helis have about 5:1 power ratio... the good ones can lift almost 5 times their weight. A very basic 450 class electric heli can lift 2-3 tornados + a remote camera and head tracking system (there are some that just require you to add a camera sold for about 200$).

You can also add a co-pilot system, with altimeter, 3-axis accelerometer, gyros and GPS. A no brainer can fly it... and it hold position with the GPS...


Edit:

My heli could lift a bunch of stuff... but having it shot is not in my plans:


If you budget is under 500$, go with a foam plane such as that:

http://www.nitroplanes.com/93a15-f15...o-rtf-24g.html

With a bit of modifications, one like that can carry a tornado or a little bag of BB quite easy.
WoW figures... RC planes... price tags........ do you own a hobby shop?
Dart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2010, 15:08   #17
Kos-Mos
 
Kos-Mos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Lévis (QC)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dart View Post
WoW figures... RC planes... price tags........ do you own a hobby shop?
Yeah kinda...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Damnit, don't make me add "no discussing temporal paradoxes" to the rules or I'll go back in time and ban you last week.
Kos-Mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2010, 15:55   #18
lonesniper
 
lonesniper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Maryland
Id love to put one of those head tracker units on my gun, just poke it around a corner and you have a full veiw of your destination, before you put yourself in danger.
__________________
My OPS are Blacker than yours...

Give them nothing, But take from them.....Everything.

ø¤º°`°º¤ø
,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,
°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°
°`°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º? ?` °`°
°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°
,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,
ø¤º°`°º¤ø
º°`°º
lonesniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2010, 18:18   #19
Kos-Mos
 
Kos-Mos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Lévis (QC)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonesniper View Post
Id love to put one of those head tracker units on my gun, just poke it around a corner and you have a full veiw of your destination, before you put yourself in danger.
Yeah... but not really...

The head tracking is made so that you turn your head when you pilot the heli/plane with an LCD attached to your head. Basically, it will turn the camera inside the cockpit just like you do with your head. For your use, you want to have an LCD on the gun with a cam at the very when. You can manually turn the cam to the side to see without poking your head out. If you use a head tracking, you will look at the wall with your gun pointing out...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Damnit, don't make me add "no discussing temporal paradoxes" to the rules or I'll go back in time and ban you last week.
Kos-Mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2010, 10:43   #20
outlander94
 
outlander94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Scarbrough ontario
i did a test with one of my helecopters i was able to lift one tornado and a fullley loaded speed loader
__________________

War is not a game untill you put plastic balls in your gun and replace the suicide pill with a snickers bar
outlander94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2010, 10:56   #21
GBear
 
GBear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Waterloo, ON
Send a message via MSN to GBear
Quote:
Originally Posted by iballBRODY View Post
wont the grenade smokes someone in the head?
Yep, that's why this won't be allowed on the field unless everyone is wearing a lot of head protection.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Chayce View Post
I wish I could upload a few gameplay videos of me on Alliance of Valiant Arms for you guys to compare to.

I am not familiar with airsoft.

What my question is, does the element of surprise work on a typical airsoft match?
GBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2010, 16:15   #22
Kos-Mos
 
Kos-Mos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Lévis (QC)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBear View Post
Yep, that's why this won't be allowed on the field unless everyone is wearing a lot of head protection.
But a trap door with a spreader and 2000ish BB can do the job properly...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Damnit, don't make me add "no discussing temporal paradoxes" to the rules or I'll go back in time and ban you last week.
Kos-Mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2010, 21:47   #23
GBear
 
GBear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Waterloo, ON
Send a message via MSN to GBear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kos-Mos View Post
But a trap door with a spreader and 2000ish BB can do the job properly...
Yup, that's definitely fine for sure. I would be PISSED if a huge ass Tornado nade hit me at terminal velocity then blew up in the face at like 900PSI or some shit like that. LOL!
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Chayce View Post
I wish I could upload a few gameplay videos of me on Alliance of Valiant Arms for you guys to compare to.

I am not familiar with airsoft.

What my question is, does the element of surprise work on a typical airsoft match?
GBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2010, 22:28   #24
mcsambuca
 
mcsambuca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bouchertown Qc
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBear View Post
Yup, that's definitely fine for sure. I would be PISSED if a huge ass Tornado nade hit me at terminal velocity then blew up in the face at like 900PSI or some shit like that. LOL!
Id probably pay to see that
mcsambuca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2010, 22:42   #25
Neckroz
 
Neckroz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Waterloo ON
Send a message via MSN to Neckroz Send a message via Skype™ to Neckroz
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsambuca View Post
Id probably pay to see that
i would too and then too see some one run out and point and laugh as i put him in a wrist lock lol. GBear this is gunna go on forever hahaha
__________________

SD9 INF
Шли солдаты...
(Soldiers went...)
Proud member of the Strelok Society
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBear View Post
Z got us to go watch it because he said there was a sex scene. There was no sex scene.
Neckroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2010, 09:01   #26
GBear
 
GBear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Waterloo, ON
Send a message via MSN to GBear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neckroz View Post
i would too and then too see some one run out and point and laugh as i put him in a wrist lock lol. GBear this is gunna go on forever hahaha
We all know you're the only one who'll be in a wrist lock. LOL.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Chayce View Post
I wish I could upload a few gameplay videos of me on Alliance of Valiant Arms for you guys to compare to.

I am not familiar with airsoft.

What my question is, does the element of surprise work on a typical airsoft match?
GBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2010, 09:38   #27
Bissa
 
Bissa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kelowna, BC
Send a message via MSN to Bissa
how about just carpet bombing them with and RC plane and a functional bomb bay door and about 2000-3000 crappy tire BBS
__________________
Quote:
Sergeant Gerry Boyle: I don't want to see it. Babies all look the same. The only time a baby doesn't look like every other baby is when it's a really ugly baby. So, unless it's a photo of a really ugly baby, I don't want to see it.
Bissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2010, 16:06   #28
Kos-Mos
 
Kos-Mos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Lévis (QC)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bissa View Post
how about just carpet bombing them with and RC plane and a functional bomb bay door and about 2000-3000 crappy tire BBS
That goes too.

But to make a viable plane, you will need at least a 35-40" wing... very hard to carry on the field.

Best I have found so far is a tricopter... one properly built will be able to fold in a 4"x4"x20" box and can lift around 2-3 POUNDS. That is about 5000 BBs... with power to spare.

And it flies like a coaxial helicopter, can be fitted (should be) with a on-board flight control, gyros, accelerometers, barometer and 14-lock GPS. Add a 7-8ch. radio to that and you got a UAV with head tracking and fully stable/useable on the field. And can be carried in a solid box built into say... a hydra pack for field deployment. The remote fits in a boxmag pouch.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Damnit, don't make me add "no discussing temporal paradoxes" to the rules or I'll go back in time and ban you last week.
Kos-Mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2010, 16:28   #29
yourself
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Over the hill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kos-Mos View Post
That goes too.

But to make a viable plane, you will need at least a 35-40" wing... very hard to carry on the field.

Best I have found so far is a tricopter... one properly built will be able to fold in a 4"x4"x20" box and can lift around 2-3 POUNDS. That is about 5000 BBs... with power to spare.

And it flies like a coaxial helicopter, can be fitted (should be) with a on-board flight control, gyros, accelerometers, barometer and 14-lock GPS. Add a 7-8ch. radio to that and you got a UAV with head tracking and fully stable/useable on the field. And can be carried in a solid box built into say... a hydra pack for field deployment. The remote fits in a boxmag pouch.
What happens when it crashes and hits someone?
__________________
Pedobear Costa.
<3
yourself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2010, 17:11   #30
Shatter
 
Shatter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: kommiefornia
Send a message via MSN to Shatter
RC things in the air are hard to control and build. It's better to make an unmanned sentry bot or something:
http://www.diymaker.com/wireless-con...racking-robot/

You should probably have a disable switch on the back that someone can run up to or shoot to make it gameable.
Shatter is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
https://www.replicaairguns.ca/airsoft

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 18:56.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.