Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Introduction Thread: Post your hello's here not somewhere else.

:

Newbie Tank

Old May 18th, 2008, 02:04   #1
Lisa
Looking for form T-whatev

Introduction Thread: Post your hello's here not somewhere else.

All introductions are to be done in this thread. new threads will be trashed, mocked and flamed for inability to see/read.

So..... Hi, who are you? And don't forget to read the rules.

Last edited by Lisa; May 18th, 2008 at 02:29..
Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2008, 02:13   #2
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

Welcome to all the new comers. Before or after you introduce yourself take a moment and just read through what Ive got compiled below here for you. You may find it useful, you may not. If your new to airsoft though I highly recommend you give it a once over. Aside from that welcome to ASC.

If you havent already please take the time to fill in your profile, Where your from, your birthday etc.This forum holds a lot of information. Please keep in mind before starting a new thread, that there maybe an existing one already. Near the upper right hand corner next to the quick links and log out tab is the search tab. With that you can attempt to see if there is a thread on the topic, don’t get discouraged if you don’t find something right away, change up your search words as well, the search system doesn’t just find tittles it looks for word matches in the content as well. If there is an existing thread on the topic and something wasn’t clear, don’t be afraid to necro post, despite what some douche bags say, its perfectly fine.

I’m sure you have a lot of questions, and in time you will find all the answers. There’s a lot to learn and it cant be picked up in a week or two. But I’m time you will learn what you need.

Heres a little reading Id like you to have a look at.
http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=51609
It will shed a little light on airsoft in Canada in general.

Now as for airsoft in Canada, just as a general consensus this website and the majority of its members follow the 18 years of age rule. Meaning that it is recommended that a person be the age of 18 before they acquire their first gun. It is recommended because 18 is the recognized age where a person can be held legally responsible for their actions. Now it may not be illegal in all provinces to own airsoft, but I do believe there is a province out there where there is an actual law stating that one must be 18 to purchase. Which one that is, I cannot remember. Hopefully someone can perk up and jump in on that part. The majority of fields used for airsoft play usually require that a person be 18 years of age as well, although I have heard of fields where there have been players as young as 16, with parental consent.
I would like to take a moment to touch on maturity. I find people of all ages quote maturity, unfortunately stating maturity is irrelevant when it comes to airsoft, for the most part at least. There have been people as old as 40 and up who have acted like they were 12. I have already stated why the age of 18 was chosen. Now from time to time I hear people who are underage say that they have grown up with firearms all their life and they hunt and everything etc. If this applies to you then you should pay attention to this, if not you should read it and take it to heart anyways. So you have hunted for a long time? Been around guns since you were little? Well good you should have a firm grasp of trigger and muzzle control then. Now unfortunately regardless how much experience you have with fire arms you can not use it as a bargaining chip to skirt around what has been set as a rule among this community.
In my personal opinion an airsoft gun is not a fire arm; however that’s my personal opinion. For me, an airsoft gun only looks like a fire arm but that’s where I draw the line in comparisons. They do not function the same, sure relations can be made but they still are not the same. Now although I may not consider an airsoft gun a fire arm, authorities will in most instances. If you get caught doing something stupid with an airsoft gun you will be charged as if you are committing an offence with a real fire arm. If you are under the age of 18, the damage falls onto your legal guardians, so the shit really hits the fan. If you’re 18 and over at least you can be held responsible for being stupid. That’s the jist of it, accept it or don’t.

This website has a process called age verification, where if you are 18 or older you can meet with a volunteer representative of this website who will meet with you in person, there is no way around this, no phone, no webcam, in person only, where they will require to see a legitimate piece of photo identification. After the process is completed, it can take sometime as this is all volunteer work, you will be granted access to this websites buy and sell section, where you can find both new and used guns, for fair and competitive prices. Although its not always the case, it is sort of an open market.

Things to keep in mind when initially getting into airsoft.

-Its usually best to start with an AEG.

-Remember to factor in the costs of gear for your kit, BDU's, footwear, vest or holsters, slings and most of all, eye protection. Money can fix teeth, but I don’t think we can fix a shot out eye yet.

-You don’t always have to have a side arm in the beginning, its something you can pick up along the way.

-In most cases its recommended to play with your gun stock for a while before considering upgrades. Upgrading can be costly and can cause complications in some cases.

-Don’t forget to buy magazines for whatever gun you choose. High caps are ok, but well they rattle. Mid caps and low caps in my personal opinion are best.

This link is a link to a page that has some information in regards to picking your first AEG. I suggest you take sometime and read it.

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=253

Gun reviews can be found all over the internet, regardless which search engine you use, a different combination of search words can yield different searches. Let me keep it short and sweet, for the bulk of it, AEGS are simple motors that drive pistons that compress a spring to expel air to propel a BB down a barrel. How you want that set up to look is up to you. There are many brands of companies out there that make airsoft guns, how much you pay maybe relevant to the quality you receive.

Tactics and gear questions, tactics and other movement and communication methods can be learned on the internet or will be picked up overtime as you play. Gear, people build kits that suite their needs, its not just about looking cool. Some people simple use a holster for a side arm and carry a few mags in pockets. Others prefer to carry a full kit. To each his own. Its something you build and develop to your playing style over time.

Finally this website also has a FAQ section that holds some useful info, it may not be entirely up to date, but I suggest you poke around in there as well. You may find something handy.

"Its only a little bit on fire"
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2008, 16:47   #3
Midgetkid

New at ASC

Hello, My names Mike and i just registered here. Im only 16 but i have been into airsofting for about a year and iv done som research. I dont really have the cash for a gun right now.. also not the age but airsofting is so addicting :P Hopefully ill be with you guys for a long time
Midgetkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2008, 16:57   #4
Shrike
ASC Philosopher

Welcome Midgetkid, Read lots, be "mature" when it's important and you will get by fine.

Guess the old "hello" thread was a bit stale.

Hello, I'm Shrike and I like long walks on the beach with T7's avatars... and with Yuxi when he's been drinking.
Old May 20th, 2008, 17:00   #5
Brit ter

Welcome!
Old May 20th, 2008, 17:08   #6
Armandhammer

Send a message via MSN to Armandhammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midgetkid View Post
Hello, My names Mike and i just registered here. Im only 16 but i have been into airsofting for about a year and iv done som research. I dont really have the cash for a gun right now.. also not the age but airsofting is so addicting :P Hopefully ill be with you guys for a long time
Welcome Midgetkid, nice to see some more under age airsoft enthusiasts joining this forum. Read up on the FAQ's, and show some maturity towards the other ASC members. Get yourself out to an airsoft game to watch and ask some questions, good luck

Armand

"Airsoft will be taken seriously, but it will never be forgotten that airsoft is just a game. Treat every player with respect and honor."
Armandhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2008, 17:12   #7
Gigaknight

Great, another kid mature enough to understand the rules of airsoft; I hope you can get something really good when you're 18!

Best of luck and read up on everything, especially gun reviews. If you ask which gun is better, we'll simply tell you it's all based on personal preference.

T.A.C.O.
Tactical Airsoft Combat Operatives
Gigaknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2008, 17:38   #8
Midgetkid

I already know i want a G36C or an Mp5 ;P
Midgetkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2008, 17:52   #9
Zombiefruit
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midgetkid View Post
Hey there! Great to see another minor on the site! Just stay respectful and play by the rules.
Zombiefruit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2008, 19:02   #10
Cutlass

Send a message via MSN to Cutlass
hello my name is Preston i live in dryden ont. and i belong to team J.S.O.C. out of Neepewa Manitoba and i go by the same handle on the maa forums
Cutlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2008, 19:10   #11
Shrike
ASC Philosopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutlass View Post
hello my name is Preston i live in dryden ont. and i belong to team J.S.O.C. out of Neepewa Manitoba and i go by the same handle on the maa forums
This is really what should be posted in here. I set a bad example above.

Hi, I'm Mike, older than some of you and taller than all.

I've been on ASC for years and have seen and laughed and screamed with anger and almost cried and shook with rage and loved (in a manly friendly way) people I've met through this site. I've also seen the bottom of the barrel on here too. It's been an interesting ride.

I play with the Snowdragons, a bunch of cool, tough, nice people that are very different (aren't we all) but share a common love and passion. Good times.

I can age verify but mainly at games or functions I am attending. If you have any questions I suck at the building/fixing of aegs but if I can help with anything else I'll try.
Old May 20th, 2008, 19:37   #12
Cutlass

Send a message via MSN to Cutlass
thanks for making me the example
Cutlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2008, 17:51   #13
decoy

Hi all,
My name is Meg/callsign - Decoy. Just getting into it...

Cheers
decoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2008, 16:14   #14
MT-86

Send a message via MSN to MT-86
hello everyone

I'm Morris 21 years old. i'm newb to airsoft world but i did some research on this sport. so i figured might as well introudce myself and get some airsofting and meet some new people. but im missing some gears (Guns), u guys have any suggestion???
thx
MT-86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2008, 16:35   #15
kalnaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT-86 View Post
hello everyone

I'm Morris 21 years old. i'm newb to airsoft world but i did some research on this sport. so i figured might as well introudce myself and get some airsofting and meet some new people. but im missing some gears (Guns), u guys have any suggestion???
thx
About the best thing you can do is read up on the age verifacation process. Once age verified, you will have access to the two largest airsoft retailers.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank