Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

M203 Smoke Grenades

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old July 15th, 2010, 12:00   #1
Thanh
AKA Tsquared

M203 Smoke Grenades

Do you have to make a home made one? or does anyone know of any you can purchase pre made for the m203 launcher?

The only I saw on youtube is this what seems to be a home made one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vmalf...os=5FLQ-KLxLQk

I see a lot of ones where you need to light up and toss, but havnt seen a self light one.

Also, I know you can buy those universal shells madbull makes and put baby powder in them, but it really sucks lol.

Last edited by Thanh; July 15th, 2010 at 12:04..
Thanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2010, 12:04   #2
kullwarrior

Home made on are NO NO, why? Can you be 100% sure it's gonna be cold burn? If its cold burn can you be sure it doesnt start a fire? It's unlikely to say yes to both.

As for Smoke Grenades... Yould buy the Actual 40mm smoke those are legal, not cheap in Canada, but the launcher will be expensive (they're not considered as firearms) Talking about 4k+
Old July 15th, 2010, 12:09   #3
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

I don't know of any produced premade launch-able smoke grenades exist for airsoft.

Most smoke grenades burn hot and because of this many field owners have barred the use of these on their fields due to risk of fire.

There are marine emergency smoke grenades available from some surplus stores and some boating supply stores. They are cold burning and pull string ignited and emit a massive amount of orange smoke for a fairly long duration. These will definitely not fit in any standard launcher as they are way to large.

"Its only a little bit on fire"
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2010, 12:10   #4
thpethalK
ksuechuc

You mean I could purchase actual M676/M680/M682/M713/M714/M715/M716 and an M203...

But what if I were to fire one off and it bounces off the ground and smacks someone in the back of the head? (Anyone know the reference?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armyissue View Post
Saying that you are trying to prevent bad Airsoft publicity while generating negitave Airsoft publicity on a nationally monitored Firearm web site is like fucking for Virginity.
thpethalK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2010, 12:13   #5
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

Generation kill reference?

"Its only a little bit on fire"
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2010, 12:16   #6
Thanh
AKA Tsquared

The last paintball game I went to outdoor, people used smoked nades. At Camp X in Oshawa area.

I know some people dont let it, and some are okay with it.
Old July 15th, 2010, 12:33   #7
Danke

They tried a "cold" smoke marine grenade out here and started a decent sized fire with it. There may be no exposed flame but the canister creates enough heat to ignite dry brush.

As for chucking large solid objects out of a launcher the stuff that most folks seem OK with are dried peas, or cheap BBs, tennis balls, nerf footballs and rockets, and Madbull foam rockets.
Old July 15th, 2010, 12:42   #8
Thanh
AKA Tsquared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke View Post
They tried a "cold" smoke marine grenade out here and started a decent sized fire with it. There may be no exposed flame but the canister creates enough heat to ignite dry brush.

As for chucking large solid objects out of a launcher the stuff that most folks seem OK with are dried peas, or cheap BBs, tennis balls, nerf footballs and rockets, and Madbull foam rockets.
Well I wanted to talk to the guys at Toronto CQB paintball about using it in their outdoor field. If you ever been. its not really and outdoor field with trees etc that can really get burnt.
Old July 15th, 2010, 12:48   #9
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanh View Post
Well I wanted to talk to the guys at Toronto CQB paintball about using it in their outdoor field. If you ever been. its not really and outdoor field with trees etc that can really get burnt.
excess smoke in an urban environment might not be a good thing. there are some residential buildings in the area and the smoke may bring unwanted attention.

also, for CQB outdoor, if there is little to no wind, the smoke will likely not dissipate as quickly as one may like, since the outdoor field is essentially an enclosed area

who knows. romulus might clear them
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2010, 13:10   #10
Thanh
AKA Tsquared

I see. My dreams to use my m203 as a smoke launcher seems to be disappearing
Old July 15th, 2010, 14:11   #11
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

M203's don't launch thr actual grenade so i don't know how you'd expect it to work

AI is coming out with a launchable tornado grenade but that's not out yet and it only releases bb's on impact
Old July 15th, 2010, 14:42   #12
Thanh
AKA Tsquared

Quote:
Originally Posted by pusangani View Post
M203's don't launch thr actual grenade so i don't know how you'd expect it to work

AI is coming out with a launchable tornado grenade but that's not out yet and it only releases bb's on impact
It works like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vmalf...os=5FLQ-KLxLQk

This seem more of a home made method which I dont think people like too much. If its not home made, I would like to inquire about pin pull smoke nades if anything. Still launchable seems still interesting. any ETA on it?

Edit:
Found this video on pin pull nades, might be what I'm looking for. but now to see if any fields will allow this.

YouTube- pull pin smoke bomb

I was looking into the tornado grenade, but I'm looking for something that is more disposable vs something I need to go pick up after the game.

Last edited by Thanh; July 15th, 2010 at 14:46..
Old July 16th, 2010, 15:15   #13
Drache
BALLET, TYPE: SELF LOATHING, ANALBURST

From my understand you cannot purchase a 40mm grenade launcher in Canada without having a certain license. But you CAN purchase a 37mm FLARE launcher (even without a PAL), which looks just like the M203. They are about $400 each plus the cost of the adapter to fire the 12 gauge flares.

You can buy 37mm smoke grenades if you can find them (most places only sell to law enforcement) and if you are lucky enough to have the licenses you can actually reload the 37mm (or 40mm) practice grenades (Heavy Plastic Grenade overtop a real shell)
Drache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2010, 18:14   #14
Thanh
AKA Tsquared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drache View Post
From my understand you cannot purchase a 40mm grenade launcher in Canada without having a certain license. But you CAN purchase a 37mm FLARE launcher (even without a PAL), which looks just like the M203. They are about $400 each plus the cost of the adapter to fire the 12 gauge flares.

You can buy 37mm smoke grenades if you can find them (most places only sell to law enforcement) and if you are lucky enough to have the licenses you can actually reload the 37mm (or 40mm) practice grenades (Heavy Plastic Grenade overtop a real shell)
Here is a picture of my gun btw.

G&P M4 GBBR
M203 Echo Launcher.

BTW, the 37mm flare launcher looks pretty sweet.

You only need to have a special license to get them in Canada, but buying them for a retailer doesn't require any license. However they are expensive none the less.

Last edited by Thanh; July 16th, 2010 at 18:19..
Old July 16th, 2010, 18:24   #15
KND
* AV revoked *

I think, Drache talking about real steel 40 mm grenade launcher.

KND is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion