Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

KINGSTON situation

:

General

Old January 16th, 2011, 15:32   #1
Specs

KINGSTON situation

Good day,

I just wanna post up the current situation with Bronson and Bronson Paintball. Their insurance company has told them that all guns on the field must have a 300fps velocity MAX and full face mask protection is required (he didnt specify paintball lenses but I am assuming he wants that too).

Here is what he emailed me,

Hey Derek:

Sorry, I forgot to get back to you... but I just checked your last e-mail and you were talking about the FPS of the guns...

You probably know a lot more about the airsoft then I know, but for the paintball the field regulates at 300 fps rule....what you are saying about the physical size and impact on the bb's, makes sense.

I'll be at a trade show all of next week, with every airsoft company in the world, I'll ask them so I can get an exact ruling on it.

We're planning on getting BIG-TIME into airsoft this year, so we just want to get our facts all right before we get to carried away.

I'll shoot you an e-mail when I get back.

Thanks for your patience.

tb

It seems as if he really wants our business so here is my plan:

I think he will accommodate with the restrictions, but it will be a little while. The field fees are decent and will be better if I can manage to get players from neighboring cities in. What I would like to do is find a place, in the meantime, where we can play at. This will give us a better idea of the surrounding fields so we can sort of decide where we like to play better.

I really like the location of B&B but it is a little small, and if we want to hold bigger games we will most likely need a bigger space.

Anyway, if you know somewhere we could get together and have a few matches please let me know. Ill keep you all posted on the situation and I am going to be in touch with Tom as soon as he gets back.

Your thoughts are much appreciated and Greewolf RESPOND TO MY PMS if you want to help me you gotta be on the ball buddy

Post your thoughts here!

Cheers,

Derek

Kingston airsoft, we do it better.
Specs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2011, 15:49   #2
Latvian291
a.k.a. Submachinehead

It would be nice if the military would start sponsoring airsoft like it does with Hockey etc. There's a decent training area on the north side of the base we could use. I don't know the area well so hopefully someone will find a space.
Old January 16th, 2011, 15:56   #3
Loathing

For some reason I really don't think the base would let a bunch of us run an airsoft event out in the Gore.

Last edited by Loathing; January 16th, 2011 at 16:00..
Loathing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2011, 16:08   #4
Specs

the US normally doesnt have a problem but its different here. I think in order for that to work i would need a ton of people and i dont think I can get the amount I need.

Old January 16th, 2011, 16:12   #5
Latvian291
a.k.a. Submachinehead

It was more of a fantasy than an idea.
Old January 16th, 2011, 16:17   #6
Crunchmeister

The real issue is that all paintball ammo is basically the same weight, so for them, velocities are gold. There's rarely mention of muzzle energy in paintball. So to them, 300 is 300. There's nothing else. It IS based on weight and muzzle energy, but without the variable of multiple weight ammo, then fps is all field owners and insurance companies have to worry about.

In airsoft, we have various types of BBs in different weights, so we speak of fps with .2g BBs, but that being based on muzzle energy and the weight of the BB. And we know that under 400 with a .2g projectile is safe.

I wouldn't normally recommend this at an airsoft field, but if we wanted to get by their restrictions, we could get by their FPS rules easily by just chronying our guns with 0.3g BBs. That would put most well under 300. We know they're safe and within regulation velocities for airsoft with 0.2. If all they care about is velocity and not muzzle energy (VERY wrong, but that's what they insist), then we can give them what they want without affecting our guns. We chrony with 0.3 and use whatever we normally use for the game.

Again, I wouldn't recommend people do this at a proper airsoft game to get around regulations, but it could work at this field and still be safe.
Old January 16th, 2011, 16:37   #7
Greenwolf
Talraga

Send a message via MSN to Greenwolf
Another thing: I've been doing some looking around for an alternative field so we don't have all our eggs in one basket. Unfortunately because school just started back up I haven't had as much time to look.

I've got one possibility with another player, but I don't want to mention the details as to avoid pressuring them into committing, or to get people's hopes up prematurely. I still need an occasion to get out there and check it out sometime, and confer with the actual property owners.

Another possibility to check out would be the paintball field in Gananoque, I haven't had a chance to call them yet, but I'd be weary about paintball places considering what happened with B&B.

Anyone with any other ideas, I'd encourage them to explore our options a bit. The less we rely on only one place to play year-round, the better.
Old January 24th, 2011, 18:18   #8
Specs

OK boys here is the email I got from Tom today, I think you are going to be happy. We have to wear facemasks but just deal with it...it is really not that bad.

Just got back from the shot show...thanks for your patience.

Here's our rules for our field:

-AEG (Automatic Electric Gun) guns have to shoot under 400 fps.
For snipers the range can be anywhere from 400 to 500 fps.

-Bio-degradable BB's are mandatory (BB Bastards have the best quality)

-Full Face-masks must be warn (We sell them or you can rent them from us)

-Barrel sleeves are mandatory.

-All 2011 waivers must be signed.

Price is $20 (if less then 10 people)
Price is $15 (if more then 10 people)

Let me know when you want to go out and play!!

tb

By the way, we're going to be bringing in tons of airsoft stuff, real soon.....we've got all of our connections in place.

Keep your eyes on the upcomming games, I will post a thread tonight for a game 2 weekends from now.

Thank you so much for your patience

Old January 24th, 2011, 18:24   #9
Specs

oh yeah.....btw forgot to say.....

BOOYA

Old January 24th, 2011, 18:33   #10
oniwagamaru
Occifer

... and then a faint light brings hope to my dreary semester!
REGULAR GUY
Certified Level 34 Autosniper
μολών λαβε
oniwagamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2011, 18:36   #11
Szevin

I emailed the folks out in Gan and have yet to hear peep. I don't know if the guy doesn't check his email. Like ever. Or he's just not interested in even giving me an answer. Either way, thanks for helping straighten this all out specs. Is there anyway we can convince them to open a new field a little further back on their property? Like one that's not covered in space jizz, and a little bit bigger? Stoked to play guys! DOUBLE BOOYA!
Szevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2011, 18:41   #12
Szevin

Soooo.... Bio BBs....
Szevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2011, 18:57   #13
Greenwolf
Talraga

Ummm... yeah BB bastards are not biodegradable, are they?

Otherwise this is good news.
Old January 24th, 2011, 19:09   #14
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
BB Bastard came out with bios quite a while ago....

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2011, 19:13   #15
Greenwolf
Talraga

Ah my bad then. Thanks.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General