Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Heavy Weight bbs

:

General

Old August 28th, 2008, 00:32   #31
Tirador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquamarine View Post
Sorry, but what IS a tirador? He's said he'll come play with me in Japan with my Tirador... wtf is it?
tirador is a spanish word means Slingshot.

Last edited by Tirador; August 28th, 2008 at 00:42..
Tirador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2008, 00:39   #32
Aquamarine
PanSexual

Send a message via MSN to Aquamarine Send a message via Yahoo to Aquamarine Send a message via Skype™ to Aquamarine
Ahh ok. It vaguely makes more sense. Like when converting Japanese to English using an online translator, lol Thanks
Old August 28th, 2008, 12:30   #33
CANADIAN BACON

Cool THE CUTTING EDGE

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN_Stalker View Post
Yes. Effective range is increased, to a point (too heavy decreases it) but maximum range (where the land) is reduced. Hard to explain in one or two sentences. 0.30g has pretty much the best B/C out of every weight of airsoft BB out there.
Thanks Guys-Stalker/Fox:
Now I know what weight of ammo to start with.
CANADIAN BACON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2008, 00:42   #34
Schlyder
IronOverlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckless View Post
likely the biggest factor limiting that is properly centering the core and being able to put the shell on cheaply and effectively. If it is off center by even a small fraction of however you want to measure it, then you'll get random spinning and could have very drastic effects on the flight path.
This is kind of like golf ball manufacturing, and they will never make a perfect ball until they can make them in space. The reason is gravity.
As the molten plastic cools and hardens, gravity is taking effect and making one side slightly heavier and out of balance.
If you want to see this effect. get a short drink glass and fill it 3/4 full of water, and add 3 or 4 Tablespoons of salt. stir. Get a golfball and put it in the glass, if it doesn't float, put more salt in until it starts becoming bouyant.(floats) When it is floating, get a sharpie marker and put a dot on the very north pole of the floating ball. Now give the ball a spin, and let it go until it comes to a complete rest again. And you will see that the dot will return to the N.pole again. If it doesn't,(not likely but possible. 3/12 ) put that ball away for your next game of golf. The light side is at the north pole.
I assume that it would create the same kind of problem in BB manufacturing. We have to deal with it.
Schlyder is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General