Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Selling Airsoft Guns Now Illegal on Facebook

:

General

Old February 24th, 2016, 10:57   #16
localfreerider
willing to perform services in a dark alley that may or may not leave you satisfied for a title. GFE = 1, looks = 2, BBFS for an extra $50.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyG View Post
This kills a lot of shady facebook business which is good. Hopefully it forces people to get AV'd and post here.
I promise I will send the money I swear... Just send me the item first!
localfreerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2016, 11:00   #17
AnthonyG
LUser Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodSport View Post
umm you have not checked the lists in a long long long time have you..... just saying that was done months ago and the whole system revamped........ just saying.......
Ah. Nice!

I was also going off the word of a friend who said he was having trouble getting people to respond to him.

Definitely looks better than when I got AV'd.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

*Busy signing for his packages*
AnthonyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2016, 11:03   #18
BloodSport
Traveling Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyG View Post
Ah. Nice!

I was also going off the word of a friend who said he was having trouble getting people to respond to him.

Definitely looks better than when I got AV'd.

yea if he's having issues he's not doing it right.... everyone on the lists check in monthly now, if they do not respond they get flagged for follow up, if 2 months go by with no response they get removed from the lists.... lol

They are very current.

And this just goes to show that you need to find new friends, your current ones word is questionable lol
Old February 24th, 2016, 11:03   #19
BloodSport
Traveling Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioRage View Post
Just shows that your work is under appreciated. #ripbloodsport

I'm going to have to send out more ziming courier packages apparently....
Old February 24th, 2016, 11:05   #20
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

Yeah, the new system doesn't just hold AV Reps more accountable, but it also has cut the average wait of two weeks to about three days.

This might explain why I've received some concerned PMs about people not being able to get AV'd in BC, though me and the other AV Reps are all active. I haven't gotten many requests lately, but a guy just told me that on the local Facebook page (not ASC) and out at some local fields there haven't been age verifiers. If you don't PM or directly message an age verifier, they can't get back to you! Don't expect them just to randomly be places!
Old February 24th, 2016, 16:53   #21
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handsonic View Post
Canada isn't the only country affected though. There are plenty of other countries that don't have forums like this dedicated to make buying/selling airsoft guns easy and safe. For many, Facebook is the best option. Even in Canada though, Facebook is still a great way to sell stuff. When I post a sale on ASC, it gets ~50 views in 24 hours, but if I post it on Facebook sales groups, it gets hundreds of views in less than a day. Yeah, if I intend to ship my item out to someone, I want to use the AV'd section so I KNOW I don't get scammed, but if I intend to make a local sale, which is far more convenient, then Facebook is the fastest way to make money off airsoft. Now that option is eliminated because "toy guns are bad"
why would you care about anything being sold outside canada, given the import rules already?

Why should we care that someone in the us can't buy their pew pew on facebook? We have asc and local forums to do our own business. Need something that isn't on the locals that someone else has on THEIR local forum? oh hey, drop them a msg and see if they'll ship, as long as it's legal to import. Or what, are we the only community to figure out that there are other places to sell shit other than facebook?

I don't see what the big deal is.
Old February 24th, 2016, 17:52   #22
Red Dot
Google level: BOSS

I say good riddance, I hate Facebook lol.
Red Dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2016, 17:56   #23
BloodSport
Traveling Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
If you don't PM or directly message an age verifier, they can't get back to you! Don't expect them just to randomly be places!
^^^^^^^This

So many people are too lazy (maybe stupid?) to think that they need to do part of the AV process themselves.......... Like sheesh their mommy and daddy has just given them everything they want when asked for, so why shouldn't we just be like magically unicorns and shoot fluffy glitter all over them when they want to be AV instantly the moment they think they should be without looking to see how to get verified first.......
Old February 24th, 2016, 19:07   #24
hollywood...
cranky old man

see ya Facebook
Old February 24th, 2016, 19:09   #25
Aquamarine
PanSexual

Send a message via MSN to Aquamarine Send a message via Yahoo to Aquamarine Send a message via Skype™ to Aquamarine
Hold on... cue ALLLLLLLLL the users who bitched and complained and swore against using ASC as a means to sell. "FUCK THAT AND YOU ASSHOLES IM NOT GONNA GET AGE VERIFIED CUZ MY MOM SAID IM SPECIAL" etc etc etc....

Well to those tweens, I say 'Welcome to ASC'.
Old February 24th, 2016, 19:31   #26
hollywood...
cranky old man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquamarine View Post
Hold on... cue ALLLLLLLLL the users who bitched and complained and swore against using ASC as a means to sell. "FUCK THAT AND YOU ASSHOLES IM NOT GONNA GET AGE VERIFIED CUZ MY MOM SAID IM SPECIAL" etc etc etc....

.... now there is no "Like" button
Old February 24th, 2016, 19:32   #27
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

I've never been on Facebook!

*laughs maniacally, whilst spinning to face everyone in a fancy chair and petting a white pussy*

Totally could be taken the wrong way.

Anyways, Optix (the other AV Rep for Greater Vancouver) might not be on Facebook either, so perhaps that's where the bitching originated.
Old February 24th, 2016, 19:53   #28

Oh well... At least airsoft lasted longer than firearm sales. Real guns groups got nuked about a week ago. Now I need to look for new sources of milsurp ammo
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2016, 19:57   #29
AnthonyG
LUser Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood... View Post
.... now there is no "Like" button
Ive got a like button on Tapatalk.

And I just liked your comment.

*Busy signing for his packages*
AnthonyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2016, 20:26   #30
RainyEyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquamarine View Post

It's a mob mentality thing.

I found that if you steer clear of the generic "how do i see x sub forums" or "how do i get age verified" thread people get upset when we reply with "please read sticky" or "you need to be AV'd to see" because it seems like a daunting task when you first hear about it but it's not that big of a deal once you actually do it.

It's like going to a restaurant and you see something on the menu, and the waiter tells you it's for VIP's only in a snobby way, you would feel like, "ok obviously you don't want my business here so i'll leave" kind of impression. At least that's the impression I get when we tell people to get AV'd.

With Facebook all you need is an email and a phone number and that's it. It's accessible to anyone and everyone but that's not the point of being AV'd. It's supposed to be at least somewhat arduous but not impossible, however, it makes it that much more intimidating to start the process when they sense "elitist assholes" which scare away newcomers. And then others read that one thread and get the same impression and leave as well.

I would have thought airsoft on FB would be prohibited since it's already against ToS on craigslist and kijiji places alike. Kind of overdue. Sucks to be venders who advertise solely online who don't have a website though.

TL;DR, the way some people tell others to get AV'd feels like the when clique in highschool that always goes "you have to be in our club if you wanna know what we're up to" which is pretty off-putting.

Last edited by RainyEyes; February 24th, 2016 at 20:33..
RainyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General