Great guide for new players, just so you know i totally read the whole thing
S.N.A.F.U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2011, 16:27   #17
Eeyore
Suburban Gun Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.N.A.F.U View Post
Great guide for new players, just so you know i totally read the whole thing

Thats what we like to hear. Now do us another solid an read some of the FAQ's too.
http://i.imgur.com/wBfBB.gif
Eeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2011, 12:40   #18
Yelcpo

Probably my favorite article on ASC
Yelcpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2011, 14:05   #19
m102404
Tys

Wow...I haven't reread this in a long while...how the years fly by...

There's always the comment (usually from new guys) that the FAQs/Stickies and old threads get dated so that's why they repost questions that may have been previously asked. And to some extent that's valid.

I'd like to say that what's written here in this thread (gawd, some of the posts are long...) is still 100% valid. Perhaps, thankfully, the bitching about flaking on games isn't so bad now. IIRC it was really bad back then. At least that's my opinion on the content and I hope that new guys still find it helpful.

As posted previously...if anyone comes across a great thread that should be linked to something here...post it up and I'll include it.
m102404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2011, 15:23   #20
philly0001

This is a GREAT article!! I am pretty new to airsoft and found it very useful. Thank you very much for all your help.
Old July 23rd, 2011, 20:12   #21
juicyjust

Thanks!

Hi!

This is my very first post on this forum. I've been reading/browsing for the last few weeks.

I'd like to thank you for this article and maybe it should be linked when you sign up.

I did get myself a 'starter kit' already and did not play my first game yet. I do more up to it now!

See you around,

Just
juicyjust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2011, 05:30   #22
ยพรก
Banned

Thanks for the advice
Most appreciated

Last edited by ยพรก; August 3rd, 2011 at 04:05..
ยพรก is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2011, 22:34   #23
Tarkwyn

I realize posts essentially saying "Nice post" serve little to no purpose, and I rarely create such posts... but there needs to be some serious recognition for the quality and thoroughness of this post.

Very informative, very helpful, very well-written.

I very much enjoyed reading it, and believe that my future experiences with airsoft will be enriched from the information in this thread.
...Buuut I still have at least twenty more to read before I know anything about airsoft
Tarkwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2011, 14:14   #24
Necrosphere

Send a message via Skype™ to Necrosphere
Thanks!

The information was good, definetly didn't think to go out and just watch a game. But now that I think about it that is a really good idea, would bring down the whole "Oh crap. First game.. what the hell do I do, how do I act!" Nervousness and whatnot ^^ Also allows you to get to know people better. All in all a good read, much of it from my perspective was commen sense but you shouldn't expect everyone to know your view of commen sense so Thank You! Also... Where would one go to find an Airsoft place near them? I live in Campbell River, B.C. and I havn't heard much of airsoft except when I started to pester my friends about getting into it like myself .
Old October 2nd, 2011, 17:40   #25
DEATH2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrosphere View Post
Where would one go to find an Airsoft place near them? I live in Campbell River, B.C. and I havn't heard much of airsoft except when I started to pester my friends about getting into it like myself .
Look at the top of the page. Look for "Community" (under the "FAQ" section so its really hard to see). Click on it and will bring up the quick links for the different Airsoft Clubs in the different provinces.
Old November 21st, 2011, 23:34   #26
Strikex7

Send a message via Skype™ to Strikex7
This post was very useful for me as a starting player. Crazy question though how well would I do if I only used a pistol in a field game? Also does everyone just use rifles or are there random people that use just pistols? Thanks a lot for the useful information on your post.
Strikex7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2011, 23:41   #27
MaciekA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strikex7 View Post
This post was very useful for me as a starting player. Crazy question though how well would I do if I only used a pistol in a field game? Also does everyone just use rifles or are there random people that use just pistols? Thanks a lot for the useful information on your post.
In most games with only a pistol, you will have a lot of fun but you will probably suck and it will mostly be an uphill battle. Especially if you're new. An experienced player can probably achieve a few objectives with just a pistol but most of the time you're going to want a full-on AEG. I'm guessing you're asking this because of budgetary issues. All I can say is.. save your pennies. AEG prices are dropping.
MaciekA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2011, 23:29   #28
maximemoring

Send a message via Skype™ to maximemoring
I've got a quick question about FPS... How to get our Rifle to shoot with less power/FPS?
My M24 Bolt-Action Sniper Rifle is supposed to shoot aroune 430-450FPS and I kind of want to low its power a bit because I know this is way too high for me to, in the future, play actual games.
maximemoring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2011, 23:30   #29
JonsM4

Change springs.
Old November 25th, 2011, 23:39   #30
maximemoring

Send a message via Skype™ to maximemoring
OH YEAH! I've done some research and the speed is actually more around 420-430FPS and with .28g BB's It shoots around 350FPS. So it will be all good... Right?
maximemoring is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank