Old February 8th, 2006, 20:43   #91
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Interested and DONE!

http://warmongers.dyndns.org/forums/viewforum.php?f=31

http://warmongers.ca/

Free, good place, and safely hidden.

Mind you, it's under construction if you will, but kick my ass and I'll get to work on info enough for total noobs and vets alike. Opinions welcome, discussion, questions and whatnot. Without any flames whatsoever. Hey, I'm the mod, I will guarantee that! Ask a simpleton question, get an answer. If no answer, will provide what can be had to GET an answer.

Enjoy!
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2006, 21:16   #92
Redneck

Send a message via ICQ to Redneck
Interested

Ed Gruberman, you fail to grasp Tai Kwan Leap. Approach me that you might see...
Redneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2006, 22:51   #93
Kimbo
formerly pivot

interested, thanks.
Kimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2006, 23:29   #94
SCG48
a.k.a. SniperChic

Sniper's Perch

Im sure most of you have come across this site, if not this link, theres a wealth of info on this site.

http://www.airsoftretreat.com/forums...sp?FORUM_ID=26

Enjoy
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired or reserve - is someone who at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The Country of Canada", for an amount of "up to and including my life."-- Author Unknown
SCG48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2006, 23:45   #95
walks

so Interested its not even funny
Old February 9th, 2006, 00:06   #96
tsuru

Interested
tsuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2006, 01:40   #97
Dustball

Send a message via MSN to Dustball
Interested
Dustball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2006, 01:50   #98
F34N0R

Send a message via MSN to F34N0R
interested alot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman
Maximum effective distance.

If your bb can reach 250 feet before it becomes ineffective (drops too much) then zero it 'there'.
that's what i was thinking.

What good scope is for a sniper rifle in airsoft? i have a Tasco 6-24 x 50mm. Is that too much ?
Old February 9th, 2006, 02:07   #99
G_unit

Quote:
Originally Posted by *ATF*Feanor
interested alot!

Quote:

If your bb can reach 250 feet before it becomes ineffective (drops too much) then zero it 'there'.

What good scope is for a sniper rifle in airsoft? i have a Tasco 6-24 x 50mm. Is that too much ?
I have the same scope mounted on my M40A1 as well.
G_unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2006, 02:09   #100
wey ferro

intrested
Old February 9th, 2006, 02:11   #101
Drake
E-01

Quote:
interested alot!

Quote:

Remember that if you're zeroing really long ranges that necessitate a ballistic arc to reach, some areas "inside" the zero point will fall BELOW the aim point, i.e., your shot will fly ABOVE where your crosshair is pointed (and you'll actually end up with a Near and a Far Zero). The distances and arcs in airsoft are negligeable enough that it won't really prevent you from hitting a man-sized target (unless you're using some crazy arcs to try and get a 100m zero) but it may mess up some precision shooting (top of a shoulder sticking out from behind cover, etc)
Old February 9th, 2006, 02:29   #102
F34N0R

Send a message via MSN to F34N0R
well i almost reply to my question in asking it.

I thought i should put my zero point just before the bb arent still straight. So basicly shooting progressively to get the perfect further zero point then use the Arcs and calculate wind , denivalation\elevation to takedown opponent according to the situation. I do my zero point indoor, good temperature and range. but i think i need longer range.

what do you guys think of those lasers to set the zero point.. is it helpful? i've never try them yet. (maybe tomorrow)
Old February 9th, 2006, 02:34   #103
walks

I have the G&P M3 scope, it has working windage and range knobs, cant wait for the spring to start my "shot book" I'll be putting in every detail from
range(guessing of course)
windage set
range set
point of aim
point of impact

should be interesting to see if I can actually get some standard settings for wind and range.....once I finish putting the damn rifle together
Old February 9th, 2006, 03:24   #104
Drake
E-01

Quote:
I thought i should put my zero point just before the bb arent still straight. So basicly shooting progressively to get the perfect further zero point then use the Arcs and calculate wind , denivalation\elevation to takedown opponent according to the situation. I do my zero point indoor, good temperature and range. but i think i need longer range.
Yes, that's the other way of doing it - however it really depends on how long a range you plan on engaging. The flat trajectory leg in airsoft is really short; it's probably a better way to zero optics for assault weapons.

Especially if sniper rifles (BA) have longer "minimum engagement range" rules where you play because of higher velocities; it really doesn't matter how accurate the aim is at 20 feet if you can't engage a target inside 30.

My recommendation (and others may not agree, this is just my personal preference) is 1) find the longest range you can engage accurately AND consistently (using a shallow ballistic arc) - not necessarily the furthest you can get shots out to effectively, 2) using that arc, Far Zero your scope to the point you were hitting consistently; measure that distance, and get used to eyeballing it, 3) using the same arc again, figure out where the Near Zero intersects with the trajectory (mostly trial and error) - measure exactly how far that is, since it may be inside your minimum "legal" range.

So now you know the range depth (between the two zeros) where shots may pass over your target (testing will show you by how much), you have a known range where you know your sight is zeroed and you should be able to nail stuff in that range with impunity, and testing/practice will show you how much you need to compensate to hit targets beyond that range, and just how far out you can engage (and be able to hit a torso-sized target more often than not).

Patience is one of the sniper's virtues, and the discipline is avoiding the temptation to try and take shots you can't make.
Old February 9th, 2006, 09:17   #105
SKI

Quote:
interested alot!

Quote:

That's what I'm using also. I mostly use the lower settings for basic play. I use the higher settings in larger areas for spotting and gathering int. The 50mm is nice as it allows quite a bit of light gathering giving you a clearer picture through the scope.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Other Regions