Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Huang's Oakley Tactical glove replicas!!

:

Reviews

Old November 21st, 2008, 12:51   #31
Donster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Hitman View Post
True, but safety for the eye is first.

This is just gear, for playing airsoft.
You get for what you pay for.

Could you afford real chest rigs and vests just to play airsoft?
i run an EAGLE MC PC, Propper MC BDU and all Tactical Tailor pouches. It costs more, but i got it because they are some of the best known in the industry. i want my gear to last long and maintain its color and not fade.
Donster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2008, 12:55   #32
Donster

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyboy View Post
Maybe not, but some of us like the real thing. After a season of hard abuse (grabbed all sorts of stuff I never would without gloves on, played in the rain, gotten muddy, and to top it off I have sweaty hands when it's hot outside) they're holding up as if they were new.

I've heard the replicas split between the thumb and forefinger. any truth to that? If they hold up reasonably well, I don't see why someone on a budget couldn't wear these for a while.
the real ones do that too. i think its just how they are made, or the stitching that they use.

EDIT: as for the OP, i would like updates on the gloves as you use them. i.e.: first game use and what you found, 5th game use, 10th game use etc etc etc.

Last edited by Donster; November 21st, 2008 at 13:02..
Donster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2008, 14:39   #33
Hash Vapor

I'd just like to add

Nylon is one of the worst things you can wear on a motorcycle. In the event that you have to put it down, due to it's synthetic nature it will melt right into your road rash. Stick to denim and leather, it lasts longer under extreme friction. Also cruisers can be safer in certain situations than most other bikes, but not necessarily. I say this because some cruisers come equipped or have been equipped with crash guards. If it were not for the crash guard, I would probably be a one legged man now. At the same time though I know people that have metal flatbars for feet that the crash guard did not save. On the up side they did get a new BMW out of it.

As for these gloves, I was thinking about getting the same set from ebaybanned, but after reading this thread, I think I'll save the extra $40 and get a set that will be with me for a while.

I don't think anyone is alone on this, everyone prefers to have the real deal over the replica, but some if not most just do not have the means to do so.

http://www.milsimempire.com

Last edited by Hash Vapor; November 21st, 2008 at 14:44..
Hash Vapor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2008, 14:56   #34
amano999

Do they come in tan?

Team GHOSTS - Fides et Amicitia

G-69
amano999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2008, 00:02   #35
Jar|-|ead
Banned

No they only come in black.I saw them there a little tighter hence i think they were trying to make it for asian hands.But i've pick up the real ones for $50.
Jar|-|ead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2008, 00:16   #36
spartan117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jar|-|ead View Post
No they only come in black.I saw them there a little tighter hence i think they were trying to make it for asian hands.But i've pick up the real ones for $50.
where?
spartan117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2008, 02:12   #37
Jar|-|ead
Banned

ebay and gear sites.I stumbled upon mines.
Jar|-|ead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2008, 12:18   #38
Crunchmeister

Figured I would post some pics of the wear and tear on my gloves after 4 games. First use was Op Drug Bust back in July. After 1 day in the field, they were starting to show wear. Not significant, but they were showing wear already. The first 3 pics show where the majority of the wear is on the right hand trigger finger. The fabric on most of the finger tips is fraying a bit from contact with velcro and brush. That's the majority of the damage on the gloves, and it's mostly cosmetic at this point. However, I don't think these things will last 10 games at the rate of wear.

However, the rest of the gloves are in pretty reasonable condition as seen in the last 2 pics. There is no wear, the seams have all held up well so far and show no signs of separating or of breaking threads.

So all in all, I'd say they're not terrible, but likewise, they're now great either. I think they're worth their price.

Old November 22nd, 2008, 12:28   #39
Lakonian
kos

Eww.

My gloves were just kinda dusty after my game.. no signs of splitting, or fraying, or any of that noise.
Lakonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2008, 12:45   #40
Colin_S

Send a message via MSN to Colin_S Send a message via Skype™ to Colin_S
I don't know if Huang's Oakley supplier changed or not but his first generation replicas bleach colour and still do after a year, my teammate's hands have splotches of black all over his hands after a game.

Here's a pictures of my Oakleys, mind you they've been through 2 1/2 years of hard play so I guess wear and tear is bound to happen but the holes appeared after about 6 months.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Oakley_1.jpg (180.5 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg Oakley_2.jpg (148.8 KB, 20 views)

Team GHOSTS - Fides et Amicitia
Blog: http://www.colinsun.com
G-45
Colin_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2008, 16:52   #41
Mr.Planters
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Mr.Planters
I have the real ones mainly for when I'm riding my atv or enduro in the woods, love them. I've have a black pair for about two years, there are no holes, and they have been thru water, mud and sand and stood up. i think they are worh the extra 30$, hell even 60$ more

-

Oh and Mr.Hitman, i have been riding bikes for about 7 years, and really, I hope you have a crash with those gloves on, you will learn the hard way, but you will learn, proper equipment has no price. And we are not talking about 1000$ helmets vs 200$ helmet, that both do the same job, we are talking about (sorry huang) some replicas, and the quality comes with it.
Mr.Planters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2008, 17:20   #42
DuffMan

Send a message via ICQ to DuffMan Send a message via MSN to DuffMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Planters View Post
I have the real ones mainly for when I'm riding my atv or enduro in the woods
Or possibly shooting insurgents in Najaf, right?

haha, had to, last one, promise.

I've had two pairs of the real deal. They both treated me nicely, but on the first pair the grip dimples on the fingers started wearing away really quickly. I'm surprised that doesn't happen on the replica.

"He resisted. I asked him to comply."
"Telling him to 'eat it, bitch' is not really a request."
DuffMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2008, 17:23   #43
Qlong
Division

I've had these since last spring, I do some hardcore biking with these, fell on them countless times, still no tearing. However like Duffman said the dimples are coming off.

Weee!
Qlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2008, 11:10   #44
pwor

well ive been riding longer that most of you combined and would never be stupid enough to wish anyone to have an crash so that they can learn from their mistakes.now if you have more than 25 years of riding than talk to me.and yes all those years riding sport bikes.on a side note people will wear what they want to be comfortable but some times people dont think of the reality that can happen.would i wear these as glove while riding? no for the pure fact that they will not do what good riding glove2 will do,and that is protect your hand in case of a accident.now lets get back on topic.
pwor is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews