Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Sniping fools

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old January 2nd, 2016, 13:21   #1
Arby_Winchester

Sniping fools

I am new to this site, and I hope that this is the correct place to post this. If not, whoops

I have wanted to get into airsoft sniping for a long time, but have no clue on which rifles are good, and which ones are a moneygrab. I recently found two rifles that look decent. The C-Tac L96 Pro and the C-tac VSR 10 Pro. Both look really decent and are in my price range. I just can't decide which is the best option. What are your opinions? I am also open to suggestion.

Thank you,
Merci,
Whatever.
Arby

Last edited by Arby_Winchester; January 2nd, 2016 at 13:31..
Arby_Winchester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2016, 13:38   #2
localfreerider
willing to perform services in a dark alley that may or may not leave you satisfied for a title. GFE = 1, looks = 2, BBFS for an extra $50.

http://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=158804

If it is your first airsoft gun and you are just starting out I suggest against sniping in the beginning due to all the reasons in the post above.

If this is not your first gun and you are a seasoned player looking to fill a new role and already have at least one AEG I would suggest the VSR over the L96 due to the ease and availability of upgraded parts. Expect to pay more for a good piece of glass and upgrade parts than the whole of what you paid for the rifle itself, only to make it on par with accuracy and range of a moderately tuned AEG.

Things I would upgrade first are the hop up rubber followed by getting 100% compression then I would get a trigger unit on standby for when the stock one fails and starts to slam fire.

I've had a hard on for this gun for a while but bolt action does not suit my play style. This would be out of the box awesome if you could find one in stock somewhere.
http://www.x-fire.org/m24/e.m24_raven2011.html
or complete VSR drop in kit
http://www.x-fire.org/complete/new_pmx/05/e.005.html

C-tac is just a re brand of another clone (I think Well) and of the few I have seen and handled that have come across my work bench I have not been impressed with the quality.

Last edited by localfreerider; January 2nd, 2016 at 17:36..
localfreerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2016, 14:31   #3
Curo
Cobalt Caliber

You budget leaves you outranged, out played and out shot by AEGs.
Curo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2016, 15:44   #4

Airsoft guns don't work the same way as real guns do. In airsoft playing sniper role is not about tagging tons of people at events - it's mostly about providing useful info for your team and maybe shooting someone in the process. Like Curo said, you will be outgunned by anyone with half decent auto AEG/GBB. Once people spot you - it's time to run... Even if you will spend $1000-$1500 on a BA rifle (high end ones can cost even more than $1500) don't except to be "uber killing machine that rules the field". Over the years I probably met less than 10 people are really good with aisoft BA rifles and know exactly what they are doing.

Last edited by 666; January 2nd, 2016 at 15:47..
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2016, 16:25   #5
daishi

Send a message via MSN to daishi
Oh look, another weekly "I wanna be a CoD sniper" from another new player.

How about you go get yourself a nice AEG or GBBR and go play some games first and figure out why only a very select group of people snipe and only in very certain circumstances.

Otherwise you will end up hating airsoft and quitting the sport because you will always be dead, not have much fun and frankly just be bored senseless. I think 99% of new players all go through the...I WANNA BE A SNIWPER GUISE phase. Now when I see a guy with a sniper I know better. 10% of the time, he/she is amazing...or 90% a newbie that has no idea whats going on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian291 View Post
This is one of the funniest things I've read.
Commandment 1 of LMGesus: Fuck getting kills. That's the job of your teammates, otherwise known as the cannon fodder. Your job is to be scary.

Last edited by daishi; January 2nd, 2016 at 16:27..
daishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2016, 19:41   #6
Curo
Cobalt Caliber

Quote:
Originally Posted by daishi View Post
Oh look, another weekly "I wanna be a CoD sniper" from another new player.

How about you go get yourself a nice AEG or GBBR and go play some games first and figure out why only a very select group of people snipe and only in very certain circumstances.

Otherwise you will end up hating airsoft and quitting the sport because you will always be dead, not have much fun and frankly just be bored senseless. I think 99% of new players all go through the...I WANNA BE A SNIWPER GUISE phase. Now when I see a guy with a sniper I know better. 10% of the time, he/she is amazing...or 90% a newbie that has no idea whats going on.
Too elaborate one this.

Many 'shooters' at milsims complain about not shooting all the time, welcome to playing the role of sniper. It's like a milsim every game in that sense. I mean I'm on the lower end of (humanly) possible RPM using a GBBR but I'll still throw mag after mag of 30 bbs screaming at you, heavy weight shit too. Or I can be the guy with 120 round AEG midcaps and just full auto spam into the bushes. And you will not out range me. Using a higher FPS? Not likely as most places want people with experience using higher FPS. Its dangerous to be using a High FPS rifle, best leave that to experienced players.

But its your money. I'd just get a higher end bolt action. When shooting in a sniper role it is about precision (as much as possible within the confines of 6mm bb rifles) which means you need a rifle made correctly, not hob-job chinese repro no QC crap.

EDIT: If you get Age Verified soon you can pick up a high end Bolt Action on the classifieds in the next few weeks. With it being the indoor season and christmas bills hanging high on peoples heads this is the best time to buy Used, upgraded Bolt Actions at well below retail!

Last edited by Curo; January 2nd, 2016 at 19:45..
Old January 2nd, 2016, 19:45   #7
ShelledPants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curo View Post
Using a higher FPS? Not likely as most places want people with experience using higher FPS. Its dangerous to be using a High FPS rifle, best leave that to experienced players.

A note:

It can take YEARS to get well known enough to bring a high power bolt to a field. Odds are, if the field owner AND the game organizer don't know you on a "beers every once in a while" level, you're not going anywhere near a hot gun at 99% of games in Ontario.

Ár skal r?*sa, sá er annars vill
fé eða fjör hafa. Sjaldan liggjandi úlfur
lær um getur né sofandi maður sigur.
ShelledPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2016, 21:42   #8
Janus

Send a message via ICQ to Janus Send a message via MSN to Janus
Plus, as an organizer speaking how I'm pretty sure any other organizer would;

If I have any doubts about a person wielding a hot gun then they're not using it. Part of that confidence comes from listening to how a person talks. 'Sniping fools' is probably an indication of a shitty attitude.

You'd better believe that at any game I host I walk the parking lot listening around for people bragging about how many head shots they're going to get or how much they're going to light someone up. Attitude is the biggest part of sportsmanship.
Janus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2016, 22:54   #9
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

Well Arby, don't take the direct nature of their posts too harshly, as they are actually steering you in the right direction. This question has been asked countless times on these forums and once such a question reaches infamy, it tends to get direct/no-bullshit answers, often taken as harsh or abrasive.

Here's a question; do you want to be an airsoft sharpshooter, or do you want an airsoft sniper rifle? Sadly my friend, they usually aren't the same, nor include on another. There's nothing wrong with tuning up your gun as best as possible, making it as quiet as possible and trying to play disruptive against opponents forces. To do that with an airsoft sniper rifle can be difficult, expensive and ineffective.

After nearly a decade of airsofting I decided to get a sniper rifle. I bought a top end rifle, threw every high end part, mod and upgrade I could at it, I researched the hell out of it, even had friends very well known and well versed in such rifles help and provide input. After running it a few times I went back to an assault platform. Tons of time and money down the toilet I'm afraid.

To any airsofters who really want to do this anyways, get yourself a reliable assault platform, so you can play anywhere against anyone, then do the sniper rifle as a side project. Airsoft is great to dive into with two feet, but not if your first stop is a sniper platform.

Also, no one on these forums is going to reassure you differently, or not many at any rate.
Old January 3rd, 2016, 00:43   #10
Handsonic
"I like syrup on my blue waffles." #diseasedvagina

Wanna snipe? Put a scope on an AEG. Snipers are weak in airsoft. This isn't real steel where snipers get added range, accuracy, and power. A CQB M4 can shoot just as far, just as accurately, and just as quietly as a sniper but can also go full auto with midcaps.

Last edited by Handsonic; January 3rd, 2016 at 00:45..
Handsonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2016, 01:17   #11
Arby_Winchester

Thank you for all the suggestions. I really appreciate them. I understand that sniper rifles are super weak against AEGs and others of the sort, and I already have a reliable AEG that suits my needs. Because of this, I have decided to save up a little more and get a higher end VSR 10 as a side project, as ricochet said.
Thanks dudes

Last edited by Ricochet; January 3rd, 2016 at 02:06..
Arby_Winchester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2016, 02:06   #12
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arby_Winchester View Post
Thank you for all the suggestions. I really appreciate them. I understand that sniper rifles are super weak against AEGs and others of the sort, and I already have a reliable AEG that suits my needs. Because of this, I have decided to save up a little more and get a higher end VSR 10 as a side project, as ricochet said.
Thanks dudes
Good choice. I actually had a lot of fun doing my sniper rifle project, except for how hard it was to find all the needed parts at that time. VSR-10 G-Spec is the way to go if you can and its available in Canada. Focus on perfecting the hop-up, run adequate weight high quality BBs and keep your maintenance up. The VSR is super easy to make quiet and can be made silent with some extra effort.
Old January 3rd, 2016, 11:23   #13
Curo
Cobalt Caliber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
Good choice. I actually had a lot of fun doing my sniper rifle project, except for how hard it was to find all the needed parts at that time. VSR-10 G-Spec is the way to go if you can and its available in Canada. Focus on perfecting the hop-up, run adequate weight high quality BBs and keep your maintenance up. The VSR is super easy to make quiet and can be made silent with some extra effort.
And we can't mention them cause you are not age verified, but I remember there being a handful of retailers with TM VSR-10 G-Specs either on order or in stock.
Old January 4th, 2016, 11:30   #14
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

That is the sound a bubble makes .. when it bursts
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion