Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Movies/Video Games/Sci-fi
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Zombies Airsoft games

:

Movies/Video Games/Sci-fi

Old August 23rd, 2007, 12:14   #16
Kokanee
Ministry of Peace

Perhaps zombies could be considered "NPC" players and as such not subject to field fee?
Kokanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2007, 12:19   #17
The Saint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokanee View Post
Perhaps zombies could be considered "NPC" players and as such not subject to field fee?
That was one of the ideas that came out of Zombie 1 that unfortunately got misplaced. Attempts should be made to secure anyone who is zombie all night a much reduced green fee, since like Kokanee said, you could count them as more props than players. Probably not zero though, I doubt field owners would agree to that.
Old August 23rd, 2007, 12:31   #18
Zeonprime

Location: Waterloo, kitchener, guelph, mississauga, north east toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
That was one of the ideas that came out of Zombie 1 that unfortunately got misplaced. Attempts should be made to secure anyone who is zombie all night a much reduced green fee, since like Kokanee said, you could count them as more props than players. Probably not zero though, I doubt field owners would agree to that.

green fees? uhh some reference I don't get.

It was considered having the Zombies as NPCs. but it goes back to problem a) in one of my earlier posts... getting enough zombies to sign. Meat was supposed to have done it for Z1 but then fell off the planet.

in an Ideal world the all the zombies would be dedicated zombies.. maybe for Z3 The Mutation...

Quote:
Be safe not just with yourself, but those you play with. If you are reckless with other peoples safety then you will leave.
Zeonprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2007, 16:48   #19
The Saint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeonprime View Post
green fees? uhh some reference I don't get.
It's golfing term for entrance fee.

Quote:
It was considered having the Zombies as NPCs. but it goes back to problem a) in one of my earlier posts... getting enough zombies to sign. Meat was supposed to have done it for Z1 but then fell off the planet.
Defining the zombies as NPCs is for the sake of getting them in at a reduced admission price, ex. "They're not really players, they're NPCs. See, no shooting all night."
Old August 23rd, 2007, 18:49   #20
jaa

I'm thinking there should be a reward system or something for zombies that go and infect or "kill" the most human players.

also, certain ones should have a ranged attack, say we get hackey sacks or something and soak them in red dye to simulate that. They can be thrown and people hit and splattered with dye could be considered "infected".

When I inquired about equipment, I meant was there anything that players should bring to the field other than a gun and clothing?

We're gonna need more BBS
jaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2007, 19:17   #21
The Saint

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa View Post
also, certain ones should have a ranged attack, say we get hackey sacks or something and soak them in red dye to simulate that. They can be thrown and people hit and splattered with dye could be considered "infected".
Many airsofters are quite opposed to getting anything other than mother earth on their kit. It's bad enough that most of us play on paintball fields and have to contend with that.

Also, zombies with ranged attack? What fictional universe are you getting that from?
Old August 23rd, 2007, 19:24   #22
C.G

It's night time anyway, as great as blood looks and all the effect's you can pull off, all in all it's a quick grab and there after in the dark it goes unseen.

Getting players on the feild who are NPC's free is definatly a great idea, but a few switch up through the night, so their still playing. For the king of all Zombies since their playing a hard tough roll having their fee covered would be just a nice gesture.

Giving special privilages for special prizes, well that sort of singles out players, everyone contributes and play hard. A raffles a raffle, think it should go square across the bord on that one.

All in all everyone will have their thoughts and opinions of how it should run, how they think it would run and all that, find this great to bounce ideas back and forth for across nation play, if other Provinces get their games going, definatly let us know what you did and how it worked out.

ps z... coffee? ..yeeeeeeeech.
C.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2007, 19:46   #23
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

Gettin ZOMs in free

Charge a premium, say $35 instead of $25 for the field fee. so that money can be used to pay the ZOMBIE's fees.

or negotiate a flat fee with the field owner for the game. Say $600 for the night. (or whatever ) then as long as you get enough shooters to play to cover it.. then the ZOMBIEs could be free.
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2007, 23:20   #24
jaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
Also, zombies with ranged attack? What fictional universe are you getting that from?
Was just a thought, might make it a bit more interesting if human players had to dodge flying projectiles as well.

We're gonna need more BBS
jaa is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Movies/Video Games/Sci-fi