Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

G&G TR 418 L (Top Tech) Mini Review

:

Reviews

Old December 28th, 2013, 15:45   #1
Caelan

G&G TR 418 L (Top Tech) Mini Review

I ended up choosing the G&G TR 418 Light as my next airsoft gun to purchase. I was a little skeptical at first since the gun was so much heavier (front end heavy) then my last gun G&G M4 GR 26 Combat Machine but I still decided on it due to its looks, build quality and Top Tech internals. Its a beautiful machine externally, mabye not as nice externally as the VFC HK 416 but close enough to still have that sexy 416 look. The whole gun is metal except the finger grip gun handle which fits my hand nicely but might not be so great for someone with small hands.

Performance- I had it out in the field for its first time and it performed way above the standards that I thought it would. THERE IS NO DOUBT THIS GUN IS AN ABSOLUTE BEAST ON THE FIELD! The trigger response is the best Ive seen from any gun! ROF is pretty decent and can be upped if needed by switching to a lipo battery with a higher voltage output. Out in the field I was easily tagging guys from 100-150 feet out with the shorter barrel version and without my long silencer attached and got many compliments for doing so. The guys that I hit could not believe I was hitting them from so far out, (These guys play with Matrix guns lol) This gun comes stock with a m120 spring. I chronoed it and it was shooting just around 400 fps with a .20 gram bb. though I never use .20 bb's anymore and dont know anyone who does.

Most G&G top techs come stock with a 6.03 or 6.04 barrel, upgraded heavier silver wiring (lipo ready), 8 mm metal gears and bearings and a hi torque motor. As for the EBB electric blowback I know a lot of people are skeptical about it and its just another part that might break on the gun. If the gun in my opinion is built as well as I think it is, then Im sure the ebb will last just as long.

The only cons for me to this gun is that the guns front end is really heavy and Im use to a gun that is quite a bit lighter in that area. So I made sure I use a 1- point sling to carry this baby around as it takes the stress off your arms. And also as most of you know G&G is a very magazine fussy gun, it only likes G&G mags and from what I hear King Arms mags work in it also. I had 6 G&P mid caps and they would not work in this gun.

I give this gun a definite 9/10 rating and would recommend this gun to anyone who wants a high quality m4 platform airsoft gun.

Cheers Caelan
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2013-12-27 19.03.18.jpg (1.30 MB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg 20131222_152821.jpg (1.44 MB, 47 views)

Last edited by Caelan; December 29th, 2013 at 15:45..
Caelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2013, 12:54   #2
Stealth
Mr. Silencer

Good review, though I should note that the suppressor will do nothing for you in performance whatsoever.
It is actually *rumoured* to DECREASE performance due to the buffeting air inside the suppressor.

Without a static range, bench vise and stable conditions, it's impossible to conclusively state whether this is true.
Stealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2013, 18:07   #3
Caelan

Really thats very interesting and good to know. Would have never have thought that.
Caelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2013, 16:37   #4
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
It's pneumatic blowback, not mechanical blowback which is detrimental to the operation of the gun and your battery power. So it shouldn't break.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2013, 20:51   #5
GBBR
Banned

Send a message via MSN to GBBR Send a message via Skype™ to GBBR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Styrak View Post
It's pneumatic blowback, not mechanical blowback which is detrimental to the operation of the gun and your battery power. So it shouldn't break.
The blow back leaches air compression from the cylinder, changing the length, bore, will effect performance of the gun, changing the spring at random will also effect performance.

I disabled it by sticking a magic box cylinder in there, it wasnt much "blow back" it was more like " slight bolt movement "
GBBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2014, 00:33   #6
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBBR View Post
The blow back leaches air compression from the cylinder, changing the length, bore, will effect performance of the gun, changing the spring at random will also effect performance.
And the air goes back into the main cylinder and out the barrel with the rest of the air before the end of the cycle. There's no losses, or very minimal.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews