Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

KCS M93R auto 9

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old September 6th, 2005, 19:04   #1
attack-beaver

KCS M93R auto 9

i was looking at this pistol for a side arm. now i am asking this cause there are now really good reviews for the GBB version. so pro's, con's and upgradeablity.
attack-beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2005, 21:04   #2
GiordanoWC

Send a message via MSN to GiordanoWC
i've got the M93R, but not the auto 9... seems a little long for my tastes.

Left wing love for airsoft.

++A NOI!!!++
CAMPIONI DEL MONDO, 1934,1938,1982,2006

GiordanoWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2005, 23:31   #3
Raw Deal

Could't tell you too much about the Auto-9. I do know from experience that The ksc m93 does have a durability problem regarding the burst function.
Gary Paul Johnston: on selecting a new MEU (SOC) 1911 pistol-Whatever happens,there's no doubt that a "few good men" will once again carry the finest combat pistol in the world and we can only pray that a lot of bad men will regret it.

Coyote tan is the new black...
Raw Deal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2005, 08:23   #4
Ace12GA
Super Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to Ace12GA
I have owned 2 KSC 93s'r and an Omega 93r. The two KSC both suffered failure of the burst unit pretty fast. I sold the Omega after only putting about 50 rnds through it, it was fun, but way too big as a side arm.

The standard 93r does not make a good side arm. Its fun for some CQB play maybe, but thats about it. Its hard to find a holster. It snags on everything. Its actually pretty hard to fire with any accuracy. The durability issues make it a real pain. The auto 9 is just the same gun with a tonne of crap bolted on to make it bigger, less practical, impossible to holster, and pretty much useless. Fun show piece maybe, but thats about it.

If you want a practical select fire side arm, look at a Glock 18C or 23F. Easy to get a holster, easy to maintain, and easy to control burst groups.

Before you respond with some crap like: "But I'm a big guy, I need a big pistol." Consider this: I am 6'6". I am a big guy. My sidearm of choice was a Glock 19 for a long time (3 years+) just recently replaced by a TM Hicapa. If you're not a big guy, then you are truly insane to think an auto 9 will make a good sidearm. If you are serious about playing, and want a sidearm for real use, then look at a practical sidearm. KSC Glocks. KJW M9s. TM Hicapa/Glocks/Tacmaster. The auto 9 is a cool decoration, and a useless sidearm. I can say that, after trying to use 3 different standard 93r's as a sidearm, and just giving up before even leaving my home.

Of course, make up your own mind, all I can do is give you my opinion; and if you truly want one, you'll get one anyways; god knows I have owned a few decorative GBB's.
Old June 13th, 2012, 10:16   #5
1ManFiringSquad

Too bad. The Auto-9 is such a nice looking gun. Robocop's gun that is. I bought one when I was living in Japan, and it fired well, but I was too scared to try to bring it back through customs.
1ManFiringSquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2012, 12:25   #6
ap27

Holy necro batman. Thats gotta be the strongest Reanimate spell so far!

ap27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2012, 12:35   #7
ratnest

on the plus hasn't ksc/kwa changed the build on the m93r since this thread died?
ratnest is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion