Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

CBC: The Trouble with Fake Guns

:

General

Old February 23rd, 2009, 19:25   #91
The Saint

We're not in the position to lobby in the traditional sense, and even if we did, this kind of stuff is still going to happen. Real steel lobby their heads off and it doesn't stop negative portrayal of firearm owners.
Old February 23rd, 2009, 19:29   #92
Armandhammer

Send a message via MSN to Armandhammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustysniper View Post
Just seems to me that until we (as an airsoft community) actually get a collective voice and start lobbying...this kind of stuff is going to happen.
Unless I am missing something...we really don't have an active voice do we?
Good question. I've seen some threads in the past about polls and petitions about writing letters to the government/officials but they didn't go so well

Well heck, they should visit the forums and should read up on all the rules that the airsoft community enforces. (Being Age Verified for example)

"Airsoft will be taken seriously, but it will never be forgotten that airsoft is just a game. Treat every player with respect and honor."

Last edited by Armandhammer; February 23rd, 2009 at 19:34..
Armandhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2009, 08:24   #93
DrZooker

could someone record this show and upload it on youtube? Me and many of my friends want to see this but we can't since we will be at school.
DrZooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2009, 10:05   #94
L473ncy

Saw a trailer for it yesterday after Mercer Report.... I don't have a very good feeling about this but we'll have to wait and see.
Old February 25th, 2009, 11:03   #95
sushicake

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrZooker View Post
could someone record this show and upload it on youtube? Me and many of my friends want to see this but we can't since we will be at school.
You can watch it on the CBC website.
Old February 25th, 2009, 12:24   #96
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

Quote:
Originally Posted by L473ncy View Post
Saw a trailer for it yesterday after Mercer Report.... I don't have a very good feeling about this but we'll have to wait and see.
Make no mistake... this is not a "see airsoft is fun and safe stop worrying" piece...

It is very much.. a "imitation guns have no place in canada and should be banned outright" opinion piece.

And that would have been the only opinion presented if I was not involved.

this media exposure will not be positive for "airsoft" my hope is that it will be at best neutral.. or at least balanced.
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2009, 12:57   #97
Shirley
A-56 aka Mr.Hitman

We're going to be famous!

CANADIAN AIRSOFT PRACTICAL SHOOTING (CAPS)
CAPS DIRECTOR # 0047
Shirley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2009, 22:41   #98
frontpage

behaviour on board

hi all .. well all in all there are some on the site that put on less than decent signatures like the use there blood for lube i feel is a bit to far out there if we are trying to portray a positive out look for people. If they give out this web site in the interview for people to go look what are people going to see. Not the age restrictions or the discusions about how we present ourselves to the public how we behave and dislike the people that ruin our sport. It will be what they see on our signitures that freak them out .. that we are crazed people unstable who else would want to pretend to play war and killing one another and say horrible scary things. everyone has there own reasons for playing mine is clear in my sig. we would all love to let loose some of our inner demons and let free speech rule the day. but ...???... like has been said many times there is always a catch to free speech and that is being responcible for what you say. do we want our sport sunk on silly things we don't truely mean just to get reactions from people?

For now till like paintball we move out of the grey and at least be tolerated we need to be squeaky clean better than everyone else and that reflects not only in our behaviour but what we say as well. An example my mother grew up in england during the second world war during the blitz saw friends killed playing in bombed out houses and there homes being bombed finding bullets and trying to set them off i have walked in the forest and seen how close the bombs came to there house the forest is no more than two blocks away. she does not understand why i like to play but knows i am responcible with my toy gun. also i have been a single father for a long time and i understand why people the moms and dads of the urban jungle fear us with all the war going on the crime rates high we have what looks like real guns we remind them of what they wish to forget i can see both side just hope we prevail.

sorry this is long but read if you want ignore if you don't but it's my few cents again grin

PS - we ask for others to have open minds but how is that going to happen if we are selves do not keep an open mind to others on the site trying to protect our sport. it feels like this when you see the closed minds :banghead:

respect is earned not given freely
I play with guns and pretend to make war to remind myself and others how easy it is to die in real life, so I honour the sacrifice others make on our behalf even if I do not agree with the policies that send them where they go, so I work to bring them home so that no one may ever forget what was done this and every other day and not to be just swept away as many people wish it would stay.
frontpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2009, 22:52   #99
Armandhammer

Send a message via MSN to Armandhammer
Frontpage, you make a valid point, but in all honesty, I think your opinion is a little exaggerated and over the top. Let's face it, the majority of us here play airsoft because of its realism and the fact that you shoot other people. I dunno, I mean, I respect and understand your response, but...its a stretch from the actually truth. Ya, airsoft enforces teamwork, you meet new people, get a little exercise....but comon

"Airsoft will be taken seriously, but it will never be forgotten that airsoft is just a game. Treat every player with respect and honor."
Armandhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2009, 23:21   #100
Huron
GabeGuitarded

I agree with front's first point though, when I read that sig I had to picture a panning shot in the report over that lol. I was looking around on youtube and some of the news reports covering airsoft in the states were absolutely brutal!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqK3jg3bo30
Old February 26th, 2009, 00:10   #101
kalnaren

12-15lbs hahaha. My L85 with a SUSAT didn't even weigh that.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2009, 00:19   #102
chester

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ssYezFw_Qs
Old February 26th, 2009, 00:21   #103
KNIVEZS

^^ lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSeven
Tip of the day: When removing a chain of anal beads from your lovers rectum. Do not pull them out as if you were attempting to start a lawn mower.

sexy time
KNIVEZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2009, 00:36   #104
Daviday

Send a message via MSN to Daviday
Anybody Know when this Show is on on friday?

Wow she would shoot the gun without safety googles....."faceplam" she's not even fallowing propper safety...

if you think about it Airsoft guns have more pros than cons.
the biggest down fall are teenagers.

Last edited by Daviday; February 26th, 2009 at 00:57..
Daviday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2009, 03:15   #105
Savage Haggis
SIMONED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushicake View Post
You can watch it on the CBC website.
Okay, I crawled damn near all over their site - where is it?

I know it's on "Market Place", but there's no trailer and no episode online.
Savage Haggis is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General