:

Reviews

Closed Thread

Old June 3rd, 2008, 20:33   #601
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drache View Post
Demo PLEASE reread or learn to read before posting, saves people a whole mess of headaches.

We are NOT talking about an inflated shipping charge here! We are talking about how I paid $30 EXTRA to get the gun shipped XPRESSPOST but instead the gun was shipped REGULAR POST!

Now if you cant understand that I would suggest going back and playing with your ninja turtles....
come on guys, no need for all that
Old June 3rd, 2008, 20:36   #602
Drache
BALLET, TYPE: SELF LOATHING, ANALBURST

Quote:
Originally Posted by pusangani View Post
come on guys, no need for all that
You're right and I apologize to Demco. After receiving 6 PM's from other members saying the same sort of thing I'm getting tired of people not reading the original post and just saying what they want along with a "way to go Shootsoft" message at the bottom.

Im going to say this and I hope no one takes it the wrong way, if you want to post nothing but "praise for shootsoft" please do it in the other Shootsoft review. It's 10+ pages or so of good things about them and it would do better for someone to post there and bump it up rather than bump up my bad review wouldn't you think?
Old June 3rd, 2008, 20:38   #603
dragon56

Quote:
Demo PLEASE reread or learn to read before posting, saves people a whole mess of headaches.

We are NOT talking about an inflated shipping charge here! We are talking about how I paid $30 EXTRA to get the gun shipped XPRESSPOST but instead the gun was shipped REGULAR POST!

Now if you cant understand that I would suggest going back and playing with your ninja turtles....
lol that was funny lol
Old June 3rd, 2008, 20:40   #604
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

Quote:
You're right and I apologize to Demco. After receiving 6 PM's from other members saying the same sort of thing I'm getting tired of people not reading the original post and just saying what they want along with a "way to go Shootsoft" message at the bottom.

Im going to say this and I hope no one takes it the wrong way, if you want to post nothing but "praise for shootsoft" please do it in the other Shootsoft review. It's 10+ pages or so of good things about them and it would do better for someone to post there and bump it up rather than bump up my bad review wouldn't you think?
good idea, and hopefully everyone will read both and make their own informed decisions from there...
Old June 4th, 2008, 20:52   #605
slorn

Exclamation WHY?

I Dont understand Why all the guns arent Available when you sign up! Why am I limated?
Old June 4th, 2008, 20:54   #606
kalnaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by slorn View Post
I Dont understand Why all the guns arent Available when you sign up! Why am I limated?
You need to get age verified to have access to shootsoft's inventory.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
Old June 4th, 2008, 20:57   #607
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

You require this websites age verifacation to view the full inventory of shootsoft.

"Its only a little bit on fire"
Old June 4th, 2008, 21:26   #608
Stone Evil

Wow...miss a few days on this site and look what you miss.
Drache...hope you get the $30 back.
Crunchmeister, your repies were bang on.
JG G36C ( Deep Fire SS 6.02mm High Accuracy Inner Barrel , Modify Bearing Spring Guide, Guarder steel bushing set , Systema polycarbonate piston, Guarder Steel Flat Reinforced Gears, Modify Air Seal Nozzle, Modify Enhanced Cylinder Head, Modify Polycarbonate Bearing Piston Head,
Intellect 8.4v 1400mah )
Old June 4th, 2008, 21:50   #609
BloodSport
Traveling Man

thread has served its purpose, nots it just an endless repeat of the same dribble.

This make so makes me want to talk to the other admins and make the review section restricted to what it was created for originally.
Reviews of Guns!

Like the section title shows:
Reviews
Little baby like his new toy?! It's show and tell time punk!
Old June 16th, 2008, 19:30   #610
Tiptoe

Unhappy Shootsoft -> 007 Flashbacks

Well, after having a terrible experience (including ruined birthday plans) trying and ultimately failing to purchase a CA MP5SD from 007, I found ASC through a friend and lurked these forums for a while. Everyone here seemed to be giving others like me the same advice: get age verified and order through Shootsoft... the transaction will be fast and foolproof. So, even though I was convinced at this point that the Universe didn't want me to have a quality, full-metal MP5SD, I went through Shootsoft.

Shootsoft's website proclaimed that everything I could see in the products list had already cleared customs (and was therefore, one might assume, sitting in a Canadian warehouse, somewhere.)

I requested a status update at the one month / no gun mark, which is about 20 business days. (Unlike 007, at least I always got 1-day responses from Shootsoft.) Unfortunately, the response I got claimed the order was "still in the hands of our distributor" ...and it included a refund.

I just don't believe that even the worst distributors in Canada would take a month to pull a small box off a shelf and put it in the mail, even if their post office was located in Tuktoyaktuk. In my speculative opinion, the month-long delay seems much more likely a customs issue than a slow-as-zombies Canadian distributor issue.

I can only assume that this "already cleared customs" advertisement is not true.

Anyway, based on my false confidence in Shootsoft's claim that all of their products are in-country & customs-cleared, I went ahead to ehobby and spent upwards of $150 (+duty) on MP5-specific accessories (magazines, sling, mount) which are all currently useless to me. Had I known I'd get 007ed on the deal, I would never have purchased the accessories before getting my hands on the gun itself. Good thing I never bought the compatible Pelican case. Lucky the Eotech clone works so well with my M4. Glad the 2 mini batteries still work with my M4.

So, to rote-regurgitate every existing review of 007 and Shootsoft combined, "I'm sure he's a great guy and everything, and I realize that, although posing online as a standard business, he has lots of super-important full time shit to do, BUT..." ...overall, I feel I got 007ed, and it sucks to be me, b/c the Universe obviously DOESN'T want me to have a good quality full-metal MP5SD, and if I hadn't recently purchased an M4A1 from Mopic (quick, flawless transaction), I probably wouldn't be playing any summer games at all.

Lesson learned #2: Don't buy stuff for your gun until you get your gun.
Old June 16th, 2008, 19:37   #611
Armandhammer

Send a message via MSN to Armandhammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiptoe View Post
Lesson learned #2: Don't buy stuff for your gun until you get your gun.
Well since I am not verified an I have to wait 2 more years, I thought about purchasing some accessories for my gun that I planned to buy in the near future. From your story that you have posted, I might reconsider...Thanks for the post

I am sorry that you had a negative review with dealing with Shootsoft

"Airsoft will be taken seriously, but it will never be forgotten that airsoft is just a game. Treat every player with respect and honor."
Old June 16th, 2008, 19:55   #612
Skladfin

well I just did an order with shoot soft about 2 weeks ago. It was shipped the same day I paid for it. HK416.

Got it as a gun to rent out for noobs.

great service. love them
Old June 16th, 2008, 20:12   #613
Tiptoe

I wish I were so lucky.
Old June 16th, 2008, 20:23   #614
kalnaren

I had a similar experience. Made a purchase.. 20 days later it still haden't shipped because they haden't gotten it from their "distributers". Got refunded, then shootsoft goes on vacation.

I've actually had less than satisfactory dealings with all of Canada's retailers:
A&A Airsoft -> Fucked up 3 consecutive orders.
007 Airsoft -> 4+ months with little to no communication.
Shootsoft -> Ordered an "in country and ready to ship" product that apparently wasn't.

ASC Classifieds -> Never had an issue dealing with individual people through the classifieds. Go ASC!

Not that I'm complaining... it was just annoying.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
Old June 19th, 2008, 14:59   #615
Combine

What im really confused about is...

everyones talking about getting decent guns like JG G36's and Army l85's and stuff off this site, while these guns are not even for sale on the site?

I read about some sort of membership invitation but I guessed that was a while ago...are they going to update the site with the new guns soon or what?

All the site gots right now is clearsoft...nothing decent yet

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews