Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Aftermath Broxa?

:

Newbie Tank

Old June 16th, 2011, 03:12   #16
CR0M

Ive been looking at this gun for a while now... its on sale now for $89!!! cmon, for that price its gotta be worth it...

for $160 I could see forgetting about it and saving for a better name brand, but for $90!!!!?! wow no?
Old June 16th, 2011, 03:24   #17
L473ncy

Broxa at $90??? I'd probably take a few to use as loaners and "practise" guns for learning about gundoc stuff.

I'm sure the standard "take it apart, degrease, shim, and regrease with proper grease" goes without being said.

Still though they're priced at what they're worth but as a 3d instruction guide or as a loaner, backup or day rental gun you can't argue with that kind of price.
Old June 16th, 2011, 03:50   #18
CR0M

I need a backup gun to my tm m16a2, its cheaper than the stinger!
Old June 16th, 2011, 10:28   #19
Kuro_Neko

Send a message via ICQ to Kuro_Neko Send a message via AIM to Kuro_Neko Send a message via MSN to Kuro_Neko Send a message via Yahoo to Kuro_Neko
The Broxa is a bargain basement gun. It's about the lowest quality gun you can find that would be remotely competitive against higher quality airsoft guns. It has decent accuracy and fire rate, and a good muzzle velocity (too good really for the newbies that tend to buy them). The issue is life span and quality control. It'll serve you fairly well for as long as it lasts, but that time frame may be pretty short. It's even possible it'll be a lemon right out of the box, though in that case you can probably return it for at least an exchange, depending where you bought it.

Get the highest quality gun you can afford, you'll thank yourself in the long run. Upgrading a low grade gun to match a high grade gun almost always costs considerably more then simply buying the high grade gun in the first place. Not to mention having your gun break down on you in mid game due to cheap parts sucks rocks.

Another thing to consider is resale value. You don't want to spend too much cause you're not sure you'll stick with it? That's actually a good reason *to* get a high grade gun rather then not to. You spend $600 on a Classic Army gun and, provided you've taken decent care of it, you have a very good chance of recouping most if not all of that $600 back. On the other hand, the classifieds are continuously flooded with people trying to offload Aftermath guns with no luck.
Old June 16th, 2011, 13:56   #20
CR0M

I would never buy a crappy gun then invest money in it to upgrade it...

but if its shooting close to 400fps out the box why up grade it at all?
Old June 16th, 2011, 14:44   #21
Grudge
multitech

If been running a Broxa for 3 years. No problems at all with it. Decided last year to put a tighter barrel in and a new Hopup. Still no issues. For $89 I'd buy a couple and rent them out. Not a big investment and if they die, you will probably have goten your money back a couple of times over. Just make sure you dump the high cap, it is terrible.

A local airsoft site has been running about a dozen of the Broxa's for the last year, no issues there either (Except the highcaps).

You will eventually want to get a better gun, I did (TM M14), but to start off with, it will do.
Old June 16th, 2011, 22:21   #22
Kuro_Neko

Send a message via ICQ to Kuro_Neko Send a message via AIM to Kuro_Neko Send a message via MSN to Kuro_Neko Send a message via Yahoo to Kuro_Neko
For $89 I'd buy a couple for loaners too. But I'd never run one as my primary if I had any choice in the matter. Some people have no trouble, others tons of trouble. That's what I meant when I said quality control.
Old June 16th, 2011, 23:12   #23
ARC-74
Can't Aim worth a damn!! old lady gives me heck for missing the toilet all the time.

Last year I found one for $99. I can't believe there even cheaper now
Been slowly changing things since to get a bit better knowledge of AEGs.
-TM handguard
-Madbull 6.03 tightbore barrel.
-CA tri lug adapter, front sling pin and front sight
-Systema soft rubber
-SCS Shredder
-First Factory handguard pin
-MAG 90 round mags
-Madbull Gemtech Raptor 2 silencer
I also had a go with the trigger group markings.
Next, the mechbox inners!
I hope to choose gear for load out soon, yes, I'm a noob.
There's so much useful info on these forums .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMGP1727_1.jpg (272.2 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg IMGP1727.JPG (786.3 KB, 69 views)

Last edited by ARC-74; March 8th, 2012 at 06:57..
ARC-74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2011, 23:41   #24
Kuro_Neko

That is one of the few truly good uses for aftermath stuff. If you want something to learn the ins and outs of airsoft maintenance, repair and upgrade it's ideal. you don't risk a good high grade gun to newbie mistakes. In the end you'll have a good high grade gun and a very good knowledge of the workings of airsoft. It will be more expensive then just getting the high grade gun to start with, but in this case the gun is beside the point, the knowledge is the point. I did the exact same thing with a Kraken awhile back. Broke a few parts, made a few mistakes but I learned. Now I'm working on building a AK hybrid. I have most of the exterior parts in G&P, once I get some more funds I'll start on the interior stuff.
Old June 19th, 2011, 21:19   #25
Armandhammer

Send a message via MSN to Armandhammer
I have one and it’s fairly decent, mind you, the one I bought came with a few external and internal upgrades

I have very little experience with “higher” quality airsoft rifles, so I can’t say how it will do on the field against players with good guns.

Unlike other posters though, my high cap is performing much better than my mid caps.

I say if your looking for a beginner airsoft gun, this would definitely be it

"Airsoft will be taken seriously, but it will never be forgotten that airsoft is just a game. Treat every player with respect and honor."
Armandhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank