Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Toronto Tactical Airsoft Close Combat College (TTAC3)

:

General

Old July 18th, 2005, 15:33   #1
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

Toronto Tactical Airsoft Close Combat College (TTAC3)

Toronto Tactical Airsoft Close Combat College
TTAC3

Is a member organization of the Fighting Arts Collective Toronto (FACT)

FACT maintains a five thousand square foot training facility located at Ossington and Dupont in Toronto.

TTAC3 is devoted to providing a community center for the Toronto Airsoft community within which Airsoft combative skills can be honed through the practice of weapon handling, target shooting and through tactical drills using the FACT training space as a training environment.

The FACT facility presents the opportunity for the Toronto Airsoft community to have a dedicated training and “gaming” facility devoted specifically to the interests of the Airsoft community. Special events, competitions and seminars can also be held at the FACT facilities.

In addition a Kit Exchange and Consignment shop is proposed to allow the community to recycle equipment ( except weapons) within the community.

TTAC3 will maintain an Office within FACT facilities and will maintain a web presence to promote Airsoft and the TTAC3 facility.

TTAC3 is a non partisan organization it will not promote or support any one group or organization TTAC3 is envisioned as a central community center for the entire community and to serve as a networking center for local airsoft groups.

Who is behind TTAC3?
TTAC3 is a member organization of the Fighting Arts Collective Toronto under the sole control of the FACT directorship. Leading the development of TTAC3 are Shawn Zirger, Jeet Kune Do Family full instructor and Brian McIlmoyle who served 10 years in the Canadian Forces ( reserves) (infantry), as both an OR and an officer responsible for recruit training. Brian has served as an “umpire” in numerous live fire exercises.

How does it Work?
Membership in TTAC3 will allow members access to the training facility and all regularly scheduled TTAC3 activities. TTAC3 members will be able to make use of the kit exchange and consignment shop.
Membership in TTAC3 costs $45.00 per month with discount incentives for prepayment for 6 months $240 and 1 year $450.00
Committed members of FACT ($90.00) per month will receive automatic membership in TTAC3 at no additional cost.
Non member participation is available on a “pay per session” basis, Non members must complete the ATQ1 course, or apply for a waiver of the course. Cost for “pay per session” is $20.00 per session.

Weapon Rentals:

TTAC3 has invested in a number of “club owned” guns (GBB G19 and TM MP5 AEG) that will be available for rental on a “per session” basis the cost to rent will be $20.00 per session which will include the Gun, 2 magazines, consumables ( one battery) (200 BBs) (GAS), Rentals are always first come first served. There will be no guarantee that weapons will be available at any particular time. TTAC3 will not rent protective equipment of any kind.

Restrictions:

The following restrictions will be in force at all TTAC3 activities.

1. Stock weapons only will be used, no internal upgrades are allowed ( this rule does not apply for range shooting ( no human target)
2. TTAC3 is open to persons over the age of 18 only. People between the ages of 16 and 18 can participate if accompanied and participating with their parent or legal guardian. ( under 18 can not rent guns)
3. For Force on Force exercises full seal Tactical Goggles or Paintball Goggles are required. Shooting glasses or safety glasses are approved for range exercises ( no human target)
4. Short sleeve shirts, “tank tops” or shorts are not permitted to be worn for Tactical Scenario play.

Course Descriptions:

ATQ1 (airsoft technical qualification 1) Introduction to Airsoft

This course is designed for the newcomer to the “sport” of airsoft. All participants and members of TTAC3 will need to complete this short course before any further courses or Tactical Scenarios can be participated in. Experienced players may apply for an ATQ1 Waiver by outlining in writing their relevant experience. Currently serving or recently retired members of the Military or Police may apply to have this course waived with a written declaration of their relevant experience.
Outline:
1. Airsoft and the Law, responsible ownership
2. Weapon safety
3. Protective equipment
4. Marksmanship foundations
5. TTAC3 rules and conventions

ATQ2 Introduction to Close Combat

ATQ2 will introduce the tactical use of the pistol. The course will include a combination of hands on “classroom” activities along with “dry fire” exercises and will culminate with live fire range exercises and Force on Force Tactical Scenarios. This Course will be focused on the 2 man unit.
Outline:
1. Weapon handling basics.
2. Marksmanship
3. Reflexive Shooting
4. Communication
5. Small Team Basics

ATQ3 Close Quarters Battle

ATQ3 builds on the skills introduced in ATQ2, leveraging the two person team into the standard 4 person fire team. This course is designed to be principally “experiential learning” with the majority of course content being practical exercises in movement, Communication, room clearing and reflexive shooting with the SMG and Carbine.

The full outline of this course is in development.

Future offerings:

Additional courses are in development including Combat Leadership, Personal Protection, and instructor level courses. In addition other courses in “Field Operations” to enhance the skills of the Milsim oriented player will be developed.

Weekend workshops, Competitions, Gun Clinics, and extended play tactical Scenario operations are also planned. In addition TTAC3 will host regular “Open Range” nights “Swap Meets” and “Armoury Sales” to serve to bring the community together in an informal context.

Tentative Schedule:

TTAC3 will operate 3 sessions per week Friday Night 7:00 to 11:00, Sunday afternoon 3:00 to 6:00 ( formal course time) and Sunday Evening 7:00 to 11:00

Timeline for TTAC3 Grand opening:

The project is in development, remaining tasks include the modifications to the facility to accommodate Tactical Scenario play. Initially we will open on a limited basis for play testing and course refinement, thereafter we will hold a “Grand Opening”. We are shooting for a Mid August opening.

Watch this space for updates

http://ttac3.factoronto.com/about.htm

If you have any specific questions please PM me
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2005, 15:39   #2
spleen

Interesting stuff...

Just a comment, shouldn't a 1 year membership be LESS expensive than 2 6-month ones?

"I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully."
George W. Bush (1946 - Present)

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuchervano View Post
Oh wow, im speechless. Crowbars and shovels... back to lurking then.
spleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2005, 15:54   #3
SINN

Send a message via MSN to SINN
Shouldn't it be based on FPS rather than stock vs. non stock? The reason is that "stock" weapons vary on FPS depending on type and brand etc. If you cap the FPS, at least no one can go over it.
SINN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2005, 16:22   #4
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

OOOPs

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen
Interesting stuff...

Just a comment, shouldn't a 1 year membership be LESS expensive than 2 6-month ones?
Yeah it should... and I fixed that, 2 months free with 1 year prepaid.

good eye

OPERATION WOODSMAN

Old July 18th, 2005, 16:56   #5
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

Quote:
Originally Posted by SINN
Shouldn't it be based on FPS rather than stock vs. non stock? The reason is that "stock" weapons vary on FPS depending on type and brand etc. If you cap the FPS, at least no one can go over it.

A good point... however.. I don't really want to get into having to Chrony everyone, every time.

to my knowledge there are not many stock guns much over 300fps, so I think the stock proviso is effective, I may have to change my mind on this.. but for now.. I am going with a stock only restriction to deal with FPS issues

OPERATION WOODSMAN

Old July 18th, 2005, 17:23   #6
Arnisador
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to Arnisador
CA guns, iirc, in stock form, fire around 350fps.
It doesn't seem much, to stir a man's soul. Just a moth eaten rag on a worm eaten pole. But 'tis the deeds that were done 'neath this moth eaten rag, when the pole was a staff, and the rag was a flag.

CUM CATAPULTAE PROSCRIPTAE ERUNT TUM SOLI PROSCRIPT CATAPULTAS HABEBUNT
Arnisador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2005, 17:34   #7
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

I know I am being an Idealist.. but I hold out hope that people will use their heads,

As all of the action is going to be close quarters I hope that everyone who participates would have a care for their friends.

In a field situation I can understand the need for a "hot gun" to reach out, but when playing in close quarters such modifications are of little value.

Full auto fire will be rare.. so ROF is immaterial, engagments are within 5 meters, so range immaterial. Accuracy.. at close range.. well as long as you shoot straight it is not much of a factor how accurate your gun, as long as your windage in dialed in.

So the only reason to show up with a hot gun.. is you don't have one that is not "tricked" or you are a GOOB.

The first problem can be solved with money... the second.. there are "other" solutions.

OPERATION WOODSMAN

Old July 18th, 2005, 17:42   #8
Sgt_Lynch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian McIlmoyle
I know I am being an Idealist.. but I hold out hope that people will use their heads,
Heh, that isn't idealist... thats a pipe dream!
Old July 18th, 2005, 18:17   #9
Arnisador
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to Arnisador
Brian, if you have a screening process in place to handle these issues, then go for it.

It would be nice to assume that people would keep safety in mind. Its still safer to plan for the exceptions though. Just my 34 pesos.
It doesn't seem much, to stir a man's soul. Just a moth eaten rag on a worm eaten pole. But 'tis the deeds that were done 'neath this moth eaten rag, when the pole was a staff, and the rag was a flag.

CUM CATAPULTAE PROSCRIPTAE ERUNT TUM SOLI PROSCRIPT CATAPULTAS HABEBUNT
Arnisador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2005, 19:04   #10
sherlockbonez

How far are the targets on the range. It would be nice just to go in a shoot some rds instead of vaccuming my basement with my nose.
Old July 18th, 2005, 20:33   #11
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherlockbonez
How far are the targets on the range. It would be nice just to go in a shoot some rds instead of vaccuming my basement with my nose.
We have 18 meters from fire line to backstop, 24 meters if you want to fire from an elevated position.

We shoot bows in here as well,

OPERATION WOODSMAN

Old July 18th, 2005, 20:35   #12
Lisa
Looking for form T-whatev

You'll want to chrony everyone. Both our ICS MP5SD2 and the M11s fire 320ish. Stock. At a recent Dragon Ops game a stock tm ak fired over 400.

there's an easy way to do it. when you pay your fee/member check in you chrony. fail chrony you either play a different gun or you go home/take pictures.
Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2005, 20:49   #13
lt_poncho

Send a message via MSN to lt_poncho
How about just say 'Tokyo Marui' Stock and leave it at that? 300 FPS or less.
lt_poncho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2005, 20:50   #14
Tankdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa
At a recent Dragon Ops game a stock tm ak fired over 400.
007 Airsoft special?

Quote:
Special Edition TM AK 47 (With PDI spring, reinforced super torque helical gears, and aluminum piston with uni-directional flow piston head installed. 425fps with 0.2g BB, or 400fps with 0.25g BB)
Tankdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2005, 20:53   #15
TheYellowDart
Myoga

And if somebody breaks the limit they'll eventually get caught. Allow people to challenge the FPS of a gun, like they do the curve of a stick in hockey, and challenged guns get chronied, and people who are over the limit, but snuck in anyways can get banned for a year or something.
TheYellowDart is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General