Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

wants to get in but does not know what to buy

:

Newbie Tank

Old May 19th, 2012, 18:57   #1
gurpreet131

wants to get in but does not know what to buy

just started becoming interested i live in winnipeg, i want to buy a airsoft a starter one, cheap too and still good, but dont know what too look for and what to buy
gurpreet131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2012, 18:59   #2
L473ncy

Could get your feet wet with something cheap like an Aftermath Kraken or Broxa or if you're willing to go up a bit higher something more like a bare bones King Arms M4 which can be had for ~$350.
Old May 19th, 2012, 19:03   #3
gurpreet131

is there a difference between the guns painted black and the clear guns, cause the clear guns are cheaper n stuff?
Old May 19th, 2012, 19:04   #4
Eeyore
Suburban Gun Runner

$300 is about the absolute lowest you can get something good for. In fact the King Arms M4 that L473ncy is speaking about is actually the best bang for your buck available right now. King Arms has in my opinion the nicest external quality and very nice internals.

But don't forget that good eye protection is much more important than a gun, following the eye pro good boots are your second most important purchase.

We use to give a number of $1000 to get started in airsoft, but in the last year prices on guns have really dropped and you can start playing for sub $500 if you make smart choices.

I suggest you fill out your location data so people who are near you can help you out, and also to meet with an age verifier as soon as possible.
http://i.imgur.com/wBfBB.gif
Eeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2012, 19:05   #5
Eeyore
Suburban Gun Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurpreet131 View Post
is there a difference between the guns painted black and the clear guns, cause the clear guns are cheaper n stuff?
Clear guns are all made of plastic. The clear plastic is much more brittle than opaque plastic. And tends to break easily. Metal guns are where it's at.
Old May 19th, 2012, 19:07   #6
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

starter gun? velocity arms. More serious? king arms m4. All reasonably priced. I would not spend less than that.
lurkingknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2012, 19:07   #7
gurpreet131

is there anything good i can get to start off at $200 to see if is worth getting into?
Old May 19th, 2012, 19:10   #8
Eeyore
Suburban Gun Runner

If you have only $200, I suggest you wait to buy a gun, anything you get for that price will lead to disappointment. Try going to a few games and seeing if you can borrow or rent a gun from someone.

This was not said to be mean or make you feel bad about your budget, only what experience has shown us again and again.

Lurk on ASC, read the FAQ and save up a bit more.
Old May 19th, 2012, 19:10   #9
Forever_kaos

You could borrow/rent a gun for your first game, sometimes that option is available and sometimes now.
Forever_kaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2012, 20:29   #10
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

is that your entire budget?

you need to consider BBs, battery, charger, and approved eye/face protection. That's easily another 150-200$ on top of the gun. Contrary to their availability in canadian tire and walmat, airsoft guns ARE NOT TOYS. Don't expect everything that's needed to play with the rest of us to cost as such.
lurkingknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2012, 20:40   #11
Freeze

Don't forget the clothing (uniform), pouches, holsters, etc.
At least have proper clothing to play airsoft.....going in with a t-shirt and jeans wouldn't be very smart and would leave you with some questionable bruises/marks. You could always just not have pouches/holsters if you decide to use a hi-cap and no pistol.

TM G17 Loki Tactical Pink - TM G19 TTI Combat Master
Freeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2012, 21:11   #12
Drake
E-01

Start by getting AV'd, your options will blossom.
Old May 19th, 2012, 21:42   #13
dutch13

Come see me if you're looking at getting av'ed.
dutch13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2012, 22:08   #14
HackD

To echo what others have already said - if it's only a $200.00 entry fee that you've got to enter/try out the sport at this point - wait, and keep saving those pennies. Otherwise, you'll likely be very disappointed, if it's the organized games side of things that you wish to try out.

Clear-soft out of Crappy Tire or Wally World is generally a poor investment. Sure it's cheap, but you really aren't buying it.. you just are renting it from the trash-can, from where it will sooner or later end up in.

$300.00 start up cost for a new decent quality full-metal, starter gun. They usually come with a hi-cap mag (winding mag, holding between ~320-450 rounds, it will get you at least onto the field and playing - you can buy more magazines, later).

If the gun that you that choose isn't field-legal, ie. the FPS (feet per second) on .20 gram BB's doesn't fall between 350-400 FPS - then expect more cash outlay to do a spring-change. Some "Imported specifically for the Canadian Market" guns are equipped with springs shooting from ~430-470 FPS to clear customs based on Government legislation concerning airsoft, which is way hot for most if not all fields holding events. Cost ~$15.00 for the spring + an hours labor for the spring change for most guns.

~$40.00 for full-seal eye protection (goggles), $20.00 for a mesh mouth guard. Safety first.

~$40.00 for surplus boots, more if you want new. Ankle protection is a must.

~$25.00-$40.00 for gloves - them BB's sting when they hit your hands, and they will!

~$20.00-$29.00 for a few games worth of good quality BB's. Walmart or Crappy Tire BB's are good only for airsoft claymore mines, and wasting your money on.

$15.00-30.00 for entry fee to most fields holding events.

That will get you started. The rest will come in time (and money, lots of money). If it isn't for you, you don't have too much invested. If it is for you - hold onto your wallet, it's in for a bumpy ride.

Lastly, as others said - get AV'd - if it ain't for you - you can at least then turn around and sell your gun to someone else. If it is for you.. a lot more things are here to browse and buy.

Good luck.

Last edited by HackD; May 19th, 2012 at 22:11..
HackD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2012, 22:29   #15
BennyBoy

U can get a nice gbb kwa pistol w/ 1 mag for about that
BennyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank