Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

An Interesting Dilemma

:

General

Old June 5th, 2013, 00:31   #1
TheSarge

Exclamation An Interesting Dilemma

It has come to my attention through my community based Facebook page that there are some real idiots in our airsoft community. This is a thread where I'm looking for advice as to what action I should take.

These idiots in my community who will remain nameless for now have decided that it's a good idea to go airsofting in a public place and extend an invitation to the people in the local community. Thankfully it was struck down by the community but they still have intent to play with however few idiots they can find. Now these are not kids with clearsoft guns; they are in their late teens and early twenties with full metal guns. The ringleader of the idiots thinks that if they have an orange tip they're immortal. They also claim that where they're playing which is a city park is half outside of city lines and they have asked the police if they can play there. They claim they said yes although this does not seem likely due to the fact they have a very "fuck the police" attitude. They've even boasted that most people here play illegally and will continue to do so. I know the exact time and place where this is going to happen. They will more than likely be saw by the public and a bunch of young adult retards armed with full metal M4s is likely to make them call the police. The police in this area do not see much action and are known for acting before they think when it comes to their handguns. I was wondering if I should contact the authorities and inform them of this game and why I'm letting them know. I don't want four or so dead idiots to be the reason why airsoft becomes banned in Canada. And I sure as hell do not want to be forced to play paintball instead.

I'd like to know would you inform the police? What's your reasoning?
If you would, how would you contact them? Would you go through crime stoppers?

I realize that this could backfire, but I think that it would be better for the police to be tipped off to this by the airsoft community so that they know not all airsofters are idiots. Four idiots being arrested for doing something stupid probably wouldn't make the news here, but if four idiots with airsoft guns get shot it could impact the sport nationally.

Please let me know what you think. It will really help me clear up my conscience about what to do here.
TheSarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2013, 00:38   #2
Janus

Send a message via ICQ to Janus Send a message via MSN to Janus
Simply check with the police and see if they DO have permission to play there. If not, consider that whistle blown.

I'm going through something similar at the moment, myself.
Janus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2013, 00:40   #3
Shatter

Send a message via MSN to Shatter
Is this the same guy that thinks taking an airsoft gun on the TTC is okay if it has a trigger lock on it?
Shatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2013, 00:43   #4
TheSarge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shatter View Post
Is this the same guy that thinks taking an airsoft gun on the TTC is okay if it has a trigger lock on it?
Lol, I don't think so but it's quite possible that they're related. I mean their stupidity is about the same level. I'm honestly surprised at how stupid people can be.
TheSarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2013, 00:47   #5
mcguyver

Sarge, just kick ass and take names.

Or check with police.

One has a level of satisfaction greater than the other.

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep discussing what's for dinner.

Freedom is the wolves limping away while the sheep reloads.

Never confuse freedom with democracy.
mcguyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2013, 00:57   #6
Strelok

Boots

Apply directly to the ballsack.
Strelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2013, 03:47   #7
ElbadoKing

If there mature enough let them learn a lesson that simple you can't be there parents but I understand your concern
Old June 5th, 2013, 08:44   #8
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

They don't represent airsofters, they represent a bunch of idiots, being idiots, with airsoft guns.
Just tell the police "I'm an airsoft community leader and we DO NOT condone this kind of activity"
But absolutely inform local authorities, passerby's could be seriously injured.
The media may very well become involved as well, so be there to talk to them and explain that playing in public is not something we condone, its dangerous, and so on and so forth.
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2013, 09:11   #9
leth1337

What thunder said
Old June 5th, 2013, 09:24   #10
Nickaayyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSarge View Post
...The police in this area do not see much action and are known for acting before they think when it comes to their handguns...
I would'nt wait and warn the police. If they're "trigger happy", pretty much the best thing to do before someone get shot by something else than a BB (not sure the police will respect the 400 FPS or 1 joules limits).

And for the stupidity of these guys, I was sure it could'nt exist. That was before I joined ASC and read about multiple dumb kids with airsoft...
Old June 5th, 2013, 10:01   #11
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

Some peoples children.
I would absolutely contact the police, hell id show up at the local station. Ask for the staff sargent. Introduce myself, explain that i am an airsofter who has been involved in the community for 6plus years. Tell them i came across something disturbing on facebook that could jeprodize the reputation of the airsoft community as a whole and point them in the direction of the facebook page that has the...umm event i guess, posted and tell them the airsoft community as a whole in no way condones this type of activity and that after many attempts to sway their stupidity they still seem to consider doing such a foolish thing. Point them here to see that hour peers also have shown their dissagreement and let them do what they will with the info.
also if yer able. Try to attend the event (without a gun of course) and try talking to them befor they are dumb. Or just to call the cops snd news as soon as it starts going down. Then when the news shows up explain to them that you (and we as a community) do not condone or endorse such activity and made multiple attempts to put a stop to it befor it even started. Yes its alot of work but its baisically what one would do if they seen a crime happening or overheard someone planing a crime and really thats what this is people are planing to commit a crime and talking about it in a public domain for all to see someone is bound to snitch.
Good luck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2013, 10:27   #12
Spartan_Red

This would be an entirely self-correcting problem. I would guarantee if you make a report the "young adults" would never forget the experience. Normal patrol units would not respond unless you mention "airsoft". Even if you did, the police would not take a gamble. It would be equivalent of an emergency response team that would respond. The players would end up being tazed or tackled, taken down at gunpoint. The day could end in criminal charges like "possession of weapons dangerous" to perhaps a city by-law ticket depending on the flavor of the day. It would work out to be a very bad day for the "young adults".
Spartan_Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2013, 10:48   #13
Curo
Cobalt Caliber

Contact the authorities. The more they understand the Airsoft community is not related to idiots like that the better.
Curo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2013, 13:19   #14
mmmken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shatter View Post
LOL. I doubt its the same group. Playing illegally on public land was last year for the group you are thinking of. OP is from London or the area around it.
Old June 5th, 2013, 13:37   #15
mzo

Inform the police, people being hit by a bb or the police being called could have a very negative consequences for airsoft and for the idiots involved.

Things will be worse for them if member of the public calls the police about young men with firearms, or if they hit a member of the public and get sued.

If they did talk to the police and everything is okay, then there is nothing wrong with double checking that information.

A Canadian is someone who knows how to make love in a canoe - Pierre Berton
mzo is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General