Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Jammed CA SCAR gearbox

:

Doctor's Corner

Old August 25th, 2009, 00:08   #1
voorhees -FWA-

Send a message via MSN to voorhees -FWA-
Jammed CA SCAR gearbox

This is not a post requesting any help to this situation; it's a post as to why this may have happened.
Sunday night’s game, I lent my SCAR out to a mate as he didn’t have his own rifle. After about 4 or 5 hours of play, he came to me with a jammed rifle.
Okay, I thought, bad bb, it happens, but there was no bb in barrel or hop up. BUT, the body of the weapon was filled with bb’s, it sounded like broken glass. I shook the rifle and approximately 50 bb’s fell out of the body. I asked him what the hell he did and he didn’t have an answer for me. Anyway since the rifle wouldn’t fire, I switched batteries and tried to fire, the motor nudged the gears and nothing. So, I retired the rifle for the night.
Monday morning I took down the gearbox. I assumed the anti-reverse latch was jammed on the bevel gear.
The piston was stuck all the way back and the spring was in full compression. It was a bitch to get the box separated. After a little prying the spring shot out and the spring guide went for a flight, lol.
I inspected the box and there was 2 bb’s in the gearbox. One was crushed in the piston grove of the shell. The other was damaged but sitting in the gears. I took them out, cleaned the shell and the gears, located my guide and installed everything. Everything is working great again.
Now my question; how in the hell did he get bb’s in the body of the rifle? I understand why they ended up in the gearbox – but I’m confused about the bb’s in the body.
He was using hi-cap magazines, BB King .20’s, and never touched the ejection port dust cover or anything.
The only way I can see this happening is if he tipped the rifle up-side-down and poured bb’s into the body because the sound of broken glass is cool when you shake the rifle??
Any way – if anyone has a valid reason as to why this happened, it will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
voorhees -FWA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2009, 00:42   #2
Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw

Location: Mississauga, ON -- The Brotherhood Of Eternal Sleep
Was the tappet plate damaged?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliskin View Post
This is the equivalent to knocking on deaths door and blowing his head off with a shotgun.
Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2009, 02:51   #3
six4

Send a message via MSN to six4
Quote:
Originally Posted by tte404 View Post
This is not a post requesting any help to this situation; it's a post as to why this may have happened.
Sunday night’s game, I lent my SCAR out to a mate as he didn’t have his own rifle. After about 4 or 5 hours of play, he came to me with a jammed rifle.
Okay, I thought, bad bb, it happens, but there was no bb in barrel or hop up. BUT, the body of the weapon was filled with bb’s, it sounded like broken glass. I shook the rifle and approximately 50 bb’s fell out of the body. I asked him what the hell he did and he didn’t have an answer for me. Anyway since the rifle wouldn’t fire, I switched batteries and tried to fire, the motor nudged the gears and nothing. So, I retired the rifle for the night.
Monday morning I took down the gearbox. I assumed the anti-reverse latch was jammed on the bevel gear.
The piston was stuck all the way back and the spring was in full compression. It was a bitch to get the box separated. After a little prying the spring shot out and the spring guide went for a flight, lol.
I inspected the box and there was 2 bb’s in the gearbox. One was crushed in the piston grove of the shell. The other was damaged but sitting in the gears. I took them out, cleaned the shell and the gears, located my guide and installed everything. Everything is working great again.
Now my question; how in the hell did he get bb’s in the body of the rifle? I understand why they ended up in the gearbox – but I’m confused about the bb’s in the body.
He was using hi-cap magazines, BB King .20’s, and never touched the ejection port dust cover or anything.
The only way I can see this happening is if he tipped the rifle up-side-down and poured bb’s into the body because the sound of broken glass is cool when you shake the rifle??
Any way – if anyone has a valid reason as to why this happened, it will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Sorry man,,I could resist this post,,,( only in fun of course )

YouTube - wee what a predicament
six4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2009, 10:44   #4
Phil_Black

I have a G&G scar-l and it sometimes happen that bb roll in the body.

I know for shure it happen when i get excited and insert mag way to fast so the mag dosent aling properly with the hopup and with a tap on the mag bb are eject from the mag and since i'm reloading they are pushed up inside the body and they find a way around the hopup to end up inside the upper reciver.

It usualy happen when a mag change is required. (hihg low or mid)
Phil_Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2009, 16:34   #5
voorhees -FWA-

Send a message via MSN to voorhees -FWA-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw
Was the tappet plate damaged
No, nothing was damaged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil_Black
insert mag way to fast so the mag dosent aling properly with the hopup and with a tap on the mag bb are eject from the mag and since i'm reloading they are pushed up inside the body
This does make sense.
Thanks guys.
voorhees -FWA- is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner