Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

UN Company raided by Hong Kong Police

:

Canadian Airsoft News Stand

Closed Thread

Old April 29th, 2013, 01:55   #16
shelcoof

I hope things get sorted out. I use UNCompany quit often too!

Update:

I wrote to UNCompany and asked them about the rumors and such and their reply was that it was untrue and business is as usual.

Here is a quote I received from them.

Dear sir,

There is so many fake rumors on the internet, we think time can show you the truth.

Don't worry guys, we are still opening, and our service is nothing changed.

You can just place the order through the website, we will send you the quotation.

Best Regards,

Sales,

UN Company.

Also I placed not to long ago about a week or two ago for a Madbull PWS SCAR Rail Extension for the Scar and that came in extremely fast. It caught me off guard to hear this. I'm just glad to that UNCompany is still open for business.

So for folks like me who were worried its all good

Last edited by shelcoof; April 29th, 2013 at 03:03..
Old April 29th, 2013, 05:47   #17
DuffMan

Send a message via ICQ to DuffMan Send a message via MSN to DuffMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hectic View Post
I thought they didnt have any copyright issues in china?
Just as a tangent, there has been more and more pressure to crack down on illegal fakes in China. This applies across a spectrum from luxury consumer goods like fake Rolexes and LV purses to industrial equipment.
Fake watch dealers in Shanghai have been driven from openly selling these in stores to pulling tourists into warehouse and mall bathrooms and dark alleys.

"He resisted. I asked him to comply."
"Telling him to 'eat it, bitch' is not really a request."
Old April 29th, 2013, 10:07   #18
Chiba

I think it should be clarified that buy airsoft in HK is different than buying airsoft in China.

Absolutely two different sets of laws.

As well, I am pretty sure its legal to export airsoft products from HK as long as its fake or below the 2J limit. Full guns are another issue though.
Old April 29th, 2013, 11:03   #19
dwsage

I thought as long as it shoots over 366fps with .2g bb and under the 2j limit, it's legal for them to export to canada or.. for us to import to canada. Or am I mistaken?
Old April 29th, 2013, 11:25   #20
Bigguyken

Send a message via MSN to Bigguyken
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelcoof View Post
I hope things get sorted out. I use UNCompany quit often too!

Update:

I wrote to UNCompany and asked them about the rumors and such and their reply was that it was untrue and business is as usual.

Here is a quote I received from them.

Dear sir,

There is so many fake rumors on the internet, we think time can show you the truth.

Don't worry guys, we are still opening, and our service is nothing changed.

You can just place the order through the website, we will send you the quotation.

Best Regards,

Sales,

UN Company.

Also I placed not to long ago about a week or two ago for a Madbull PWS SCAR Rail Extension for the Scar and that came in extremely fast. It caught me off guard to hear this. I'm just glad to that UNCompany is still open for business.

So for folks like me who were worried its all good
If you guys believe this you deserve to get ripped off. From my very reliable sources. Their website is going to pulled down soon in Hong Kong> They are looking for their server and hopes it is in Hong Kong. Also their bank accounts are being searched for. DON"T GET RIPPED OFF. They are not in business. Their store is shut and they have no firearms in stock. The warehouse is taped with police tape. There are videos and new prints on them in this link. Don't send them any money.
Old April 29th, 2013, 11:50   #21
McCrea
a.k.a. Morgothor
représentant officiel de
     WW2Quebec

they confirmed on their facebook page that they are open

FAQC.CA - WW2QUEBEC.ORG
Old April 29th, 2013, 11:53   #22
Drake
E-01

So far, asides from the one minor news article, all I'm seeing is hearsay.
Old April 29th, 2013, 11:56   #23
manchovie

Send a message via ICQ to manchovie Send a message via AIM to manchovie Send a message via MSN to manchovie
Quote:
Originally Posted by duffman View Post
just as a tangent, there has been more and more pressure to crack down on illegal fakes in china. This applies across a spectrum from luxury consumer goods like fake rolexes and lv purses to industrial equipment.
Fake watch dealers in shanghai have been driven from openly selling these in stores to pulling tourists into warehouse and mall bathrooms and dark alleys.
noooooooo

my b/s rating
Old April 29th, 2013, 12:08   #24
MMatersk

Can someone post pictures of the closed store and police tape?

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bad-K...8&ref=bookmark
Old April 29th, 2013, 13:36   #25
Warderp

Quote:
Originally Posted by phloudernow View Post
I have never heard of this before... like ever... I do not know of a law in HK that says it is against the law to ship airsoft items and parts "OUT" of hong kong.

Is there any legal document you can quote? I have not seen any document that specifically says but here is a doc that specifies fire arm laws in HK i can't understand it fully since the translation is confusing maybe someone can care to dissect it and tell us but as far as I am reading it looks legal as long as you have a licence to do so?

http://www.legislation.gov.hk/blis_i...3?OpenDocument

Because you stated that it is against the law to ship airsoft items and parts out of HK, what about all the big companies like CA, G&P, ARES? they are all HK companies that deal around the world so wouldn't they be breaking the law as well? I'm sure that they've done their research and there isn't an issue in exporting airsoft items and parts......UN has been around for 15 years...if it was law breaking to exporting airsoft I'm sure the customs control would have done something about it... just what Im thinking...even if its been lax the amount of airsoft being exported, I'm sure at least one or two have gotten into their hands to be inspected right? i mean thousands of airsoft guns are shipped out by different companies everyday.... Im just saying.....

I may be wrong but please I would really like to know..

PS. I am in no way being hostile just would really like to know... incase you take my msg in a wrong way
My take on this would be, if HK customs is anything like customs here they do nto have the manpower to control and inspect everything that comes in or out, approximatly 3% of all the cargo coming into the country, and they expect 90% of the travelling public lie to some degree on their declarations. Its a game of Russian roulette ... You can do whatever you want, untill you get caught.

"First of all it's called airsoft, and second you can't bring the foam lightning bolts
you made unless the crono shows they are under the FPS limit"
Old April 29th, 2013, 15:45   #26
phloudernow

Send a message via MSN to phloudernow Send a message via Skype™ to phloudernow
the fact that UN got screwed is besides the point, he said that exporting airsoft items and parts is Illegal. That is the one thing that I am extremely surprised about. i have taken plenty of airsoft products such as parts and pieces on in my check in luggage. I got called out and had my luggage checked by the airport police in HK whom were armed to the teeth. I had a ton of Pmags i bought to bring back to Toronto but when they saw it was for airsoft they let me go...Im sure many people have been checked before. I had friends who got checked because they brought a bunch of full M4 uppers and yet they never got in any trouble. It has nothing to do with Man power because when they actually inspect the products its completely fine and they let it pass through....

UN got scrwed because of the 2J power limit thing that made those guns to be considered as firearms. I really do not think Exporting airsoft is deemed Illegal in HK.... That is the one thing I want to know for sure because the evidence points to that fact that exporting is completely legal as to my knowledge in this matter.
Custom SAI BLU Glock Build (Timberwolf Base)
Custom Zev Noveske Shooting Team Glock 34
Project Guns
Custom Zev Dragonfly G17 (Project) (In progress)
Old April 29th, 2013, 17:42   #27
kabbra

Why would they say on their website that "shipping and enquiry reply" will be delayed and it is offering 12% off any order placed before April 29? .......
Old April 29th, 2013, 18:00   #28
L473ncy

I think phlouder's brother (I think his username here is "Noveske" or something like that) lives in HK, if he does visit this site I'm sure he'll be able to provide first hand info.
Old April 29th, 2013, 18:18   #29
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwsage View Post
I thought as long as it shoots over 366fps with .2g bb and under the 2j limit, it's legal for them to export to canada or.. for us to import to canada. Or am I mistaken?
This is two totally different things.
Yes for us it has to be over 366 and under 5.7j that is all.
Their 2j limit is a totally different thing. And has nothing to do with our ability to import their products.
Also ill add that many china clone companies make bolt actions that shoot over 465fps (2.01j) tho im not sure if they are HK based or mainland you can bet those products are made for export only.
Ill use Japan as an example. They have a 1j limit and as far as i know they are not even aloud to buy or sell parts within Japan that could make a gun shoot over 1j (ie springs) BUT some of the best uograde parts come from Japan (Laylax for example) but tbey make 1 set of springs for local market (ranging from 0.5j to 1j there ard 3 springs in the VSR line) and then they make springs up to "190" for the vsr its 650fps and 3.93j they are made for export only. Even some relutable shops in Japan will preupgrade guns to shoot over 366fps for us to import. Thats how i got my tm vsr10 only catch is you have to buy the spring and ship it to them.
Sry to stray off topic OP. Id say it is likely they are shut down and itbis best to just wait and see what comes of this. There are a buttload of other places to buy stuffs in the meantime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Old April 29th, 2013, 18:23   #30
BennyBoy

Their website was a pain in the butt :P
Closed ThreadTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > Canadian Airsoft News Stand