Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

VFC / Spartan SRX 309

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old November 3rd, 2016, 13:44   #1
KTFlash1

VFC / Spartan SRX 309

So I recently joined the sport of airsoft, and I am shopping through the internet to buy my first aeg.
Right now, I am looking to purchase the Spartan SRX 309, which is this

http://www.evike.com/products/57259/

But, I just cant seem to find many reviews on this internet. So, I have 3 questions.

1. Are there anyone in this forum who has had some experience with this gun?
If yes, how is this gun? Does it perform like usual VFC guns out of the box?

2. Evike's explanation on this gun is that its overall length is 800~890 mm, and inner barrel length is 363mm. Does this mean that it is going to have couple hundred mm of space empty inside the outer barrel? If this is true, is it gonna have any affects on the performance of the gun?

3. If number 2 is true, is it gonna have any affects on the performance of the gun?

I'm sorry for barging in with many questions, but I want my first gun to be worth my money and time. If I could get some answers for these questions, I will be very appreciated! Thanks in advance!
KTFlash1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2016, 13:55   #2
chaz

Overall length is from back of the stock to tip of the flash hider... so no to your question about space.
As for performance no clue as I don't know the gun, but wouldnt expect bad from VFC
chaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2016, 14:22   #3
BenG

Even if you did have a couple hundred mm of space between the end of your inner and the end of your outer barrel, it wouldnt affect preformance, even if you were to spin really fast it still wouldnt touch the sides

Age Verifier ~ Calgary

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCactus View Post
I think that's the direction I should have gone with this one though.
gen1 - I can't see shit
gen2 - I see LOTS of green, but not many people
gen3 - Nobody wants to play with me because I'm an elitist asshole now
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2016, 10:30   #4
KTFlash1

Oh so the barrel length doesnt really do anything to the performance. Thats one good news. But i dont know if its worth trying to order it from us to canada. Legally speaking there is no problem, based on posts i read, but you never know..
Old November 4th, 2016, 10:32   #5
KTFlash1

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
Overall length is from back of the stock to tip of the flash hider... so no to your question about space.
As for performance no clue as I don't know the gun, but wouldnt expect bad from VFC

That clears the fog a little. Thanks for the reply!!
Old November 4th, 2016, 11:34   #6
ProDoyle

I would recommend ordering it from Canada based on what I have read on these forums...

http://www.herooutdoors.com/vfc-13-s...g-rifle-black/

I'm sure there is another retailer that can get it for you as well. Plus, isn't better for all of us if we support the local stores, or at least the Canadian ones?

I have had positive experiences personally with the following retailers in the GTA:

Premium Paintball (and airsoft...)
Trigger Airsoft
Toronto Airsoft

I had a great customer service experience with Trigger with an issue I had with my KWA ERG, even though KWA customer service was useless.
ProDoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2016, 12:04   #7
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
Got to find the better deals.

Truth is if you can get it outside of Canada it's still cheaper, with duty and tax - given our current currency rate conversion.

As long as the gun has the documents (which all retailer provide) and it "shoots 366+" you're good.
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2016, 12:35   #8
ProDoyle

I don't mind paying more for local when I get better customer service. Of course, there is always a limit to how much more... but generally I will go 10% total cost.

The price may look attractive outside of Canada, but you need to factor in not just exchange, but duty, shipping and brokerage (depending on who the vendor ships with that can vary quite a bit).

When you factor in hassle, the numbers just seem to get a lot closer to me. But I'm at a place in my life where my time is way more precious than a few bucks. When you are younger, money seems wayyy more important.
ProDoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion