Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Moving to Canada from Oregon

:

General

Old September 2nd, 2008, 19:23   #31
ALLGAR

shame theres no airsoft dealers like guys with trenchcoats that stand around corner stores
Old September 2nd, 2008, 19:44   #32
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcanuck View Post
It's not restricted, but airsoft now is to buy. Any word on if citizens can buy a license to purchase hi-realism airsoft in the future?
No, airsoft is prohibited. Sort of.

And no.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2008, 23:16   #33
ToTaL_oWnAgE

Send a message via MSN to ToTaL_oWnAgE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunk View Post
Stops a mag from holding a full load.

In Canada you cannot have a mag with more than 5 rounds in it, so they are pinned to stop any more from being inserted.

I believe.

Your 100% correct except for one thing. The law doesn't end at more than 5 rounds in the mag. It's actually Illegal to have more than 5 Rounds total In the Rifle. This includes what's in the chamber. For example under law you can legally have:

A) 1 round in chambered and 4 in the mag
B) Empty chamber and 5 rounds in the mag

And this doesn't just stand for restricted rifles. This law applies to every rifle in Canada. I can go buy a un-restricted M14 and my mags must be pinned to 5 rounds maximum capacity.

As for airsoft being restricted or illegal. The answer is no. However, Canada Customs has taken it upon themselves to seize such Items they see as being "illegal". Basically Canada Customs may seize and incinerate airsoft items at the persons expense. That's just the way it is.

It's being argued to the nine's that airsoft guns are replica firearms and i'm not getting into the whole char-broiled flame fest that is the legal standpoint of airsoft. The fact remains that it is strongly discouraged to even attempt importing your guns. It may cost you lots of money

Last edited by ToTaL_oWnAgE; September 2nd, 2008 at 23:21..
ToTaL_oWnAgE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2008, 23:54   #34
JoeFriday
"Serpentor", Props Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTaL_oWnAgE View Post
Your 100% correct except for one thing. The law doesn't end at more than 5 rounds in the mag. It's actually Illegal to have more than 5 Rounds total In the Rifle. This includes what's in the chamber. For example under law you can legally have:

A) 1 round in chambered and 4 in the mag
B) Empty chamber and 5 rounds in the mag

And this doesn't just stand for restricted rifles. This law applies to every rifle in Canada. I can go buy a un-restricted M14 and my mags must be pinned to 5 rounds maximum capacity.

As for airsoft being restricted or illegal. The answer is no. However, Canada Customs has taken it upon themselves to seize such Items they see as being "illegal". Basically Canada Customs may seize and incinerate airsoft items at the persons expense. That's just the way it is.

It's being argued to the nine's that airsoft guns are replica firearms and i'm not getting into the whole char-broiled flame fest that is the legal standpoint of airsoft. The fact remains that it is strongly discouraged to even attempt importing your guns. It may cost you lots of money
Technically not all rifles...

.22lr is the exception. You can have as many you want in the magazine. You can get a drum mag if your heart desires for your 10/22... Just thought I'd be the smartass to point that out.
JoeFriday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2008, 00:34   #35
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeFriday View Post
Technically not all rifles...

.22lr is the exception. You can have as many you want in the magazine. You can get a drum mag if your heart desires for your 10/22... Just thought I'd be the smartass to point that out.
Smartass-ish, yet valid.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2008, 15:50   #36
fantastix

I was talking to someone about patriot style m4s, which because of barrel length classifies as a pistol or some such nonsense, therefore making it legal to hold more then 5 rounds.

/I have absolutely no idea if it's true.
Crazy laws we have, regardless.
Old September 3rd, 2008, 17:08   #37
krazie Sj

Send a message via AIM to krazie Sj Send a message via MSN to krazie Sj Send a message via Yahoo to krazie Sj
You've played far too much Metal Gear Solid 3 me thinks.

Some people call them Terrorists. These boys have simply been...misguided.
krazie Sj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2008, 17:50   #38
JoeFriday
"Serpentor", Props Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantastix View Post
I was talking to someone about patriot style m4s, which because of barrel length classifies as a pistol or some such nonsense, therefore making it legal to hold more then 5 rounds.

/I have absolutely no idea if it's true.
Crazy laws we have, regardless.
Yeah I've heard about that. And stuff like an M4 shooting 9mm, can have bigger mags, and certain other things like that. But who knows. Folklore mostly.
JoeFriday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2008, 19:50   #39
ToTaL_oWnAgE

Send a message via MSN to ToTaL_oWnAgE
The Laws are really hit and miss. There's some rifles that are Illegal or restricted, Yet the EXACT same rifle under a different caliber or length is fully legal and unrestricted.

Rumor has it that pretty much all the government does to pick which guns are illegal/restricted is flip through a book and read stats and then decides that it's illegal.

For example:
A bolt action Barret .50cal is illegal in Canada. Yet I can go to Shooting Edge in Calgary with my FAC and buy a Styre .50cal bolt action rifle and ammo, unrestricted. I guess it's a sensible hunting rifle if your trying to kill an elephant at 1.5 miles...

And yes I forgot .22's and other rimfire's don't count. You can actually buy the 50rnd banana clips for the 10/22 carbines. Great fun to go gopher hunting and not have to reload your mag all day.

Last edited by ToTaL_oWnAgE; September 3rd, 2008 at 20:14..
ToTaL_oWnAgE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2008, 19:32   #40
Deftonius
Troll

Send a message via ICQ to Deftonius Send a message via AIM to Deftonius Send a message via MSN to Deftonius
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skruface View Post
In Winnipeg it's illegal to hitch your horse on the corner of Portage and Main. It's also illegal to put your garbage in someone else's garbage can, even if they gave you permission. In Toronto it's illegal to ride a streetcar on Sunday if you've been eating garlic. In Etobicoke it's illegal to enter a bath if the water is less than 3.5 inches in depth. It is against the law to drive a sled dog team on a sidewalk in any settlement within the borders of the Northwest Territories.

All true. All stupid.
In Perth, Ontario, it's illegal to drag a dead horse down Gore St.

I also heard there's an old law here in Ottawa that it's illegal to eat ice cream on Bank St. on Sundays. (There's a huge dairy queen on Bank)
Deftonius is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General