Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

the 8mm bb.

:

Newbie Tank

Old October 1st, 2010, 17:18   #16
Brayden
¡¡¡ɹǝʞɐǝɹq oqɯoɔ-ɔ-ɔ-ɔ

Whoa, just figured out they have been selling 42.67mm BBs for years!
http://www.topflite.com/

Wonder when they will make some conversion kits ...
Old October 1st, 2010, 17:22   #17
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore View Post
. So for example sniper type markers
Markers?

For shame.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2010, 20:04   #18
show_stopper35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudoshin77 View Post
What are the safety requirements in Russia?
kevlar or riot gear
lets just say they put on alot of protection

Adrenaline Tier One Operator
Proudly sponsored by Full Clip USA
www.fullclipusa.com
www.londonairsoft.com
www.diviarms.ca
show_stopper35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2010, 20:48   #19
maverick5770

Send a message via MSN to maverick5770
leave it to the russians to come up with a sport that requires riotgear
maverick5770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2010, 00:09   #20
Kita

I'm pretty sure I want to move to Russia now.
Kita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2010, 00:40   #21
LightBulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by m102404 View Post
8mm hurt like a son of a bitch in CQB...even with the lightest BBs. I probably still have a tri-welt on my ass from SAFX's shotty.

I'd love to see an AS game setup where FPS/BB weights were relagated to more reflect RS. I think it'd bring on a much different game dynamic.

I think Rifles should have a distinct range/accuracy advantage over SMGs....battle/assault rifles should have a distinct difference from carbines...I think 7.62 calibers should be differentiated in range/accuracy vs. smaller calibers. The RS benefits of AM/sniper rifles should be better reflected vs. other types of weapons.

i.e.
- pistols/SMG's/shottys (pistol caliber, short range) have to shoot max 300 and use 0.20's
- Carbines/SAW (5.56, PDW rounds) have to shoot max 400 and can use up to 0.25's
- Assault rifles (full size 5.56, 7.62) have to shoot max 450 and must use 0.30's
- LMG/MG's (7.62)....same as SAW but must use 0.30's...
- Sniper rifles (7.62/338) have to shoot max 500fps and must use 0.30+...or 8mm...vetted persons only
- Big bore AM rifles (i.e. 338/50cal) shoot max 550 and must use .40+...or 8mm...vetted persons only

It's always been a pet peeve of mine that basically every AEG/AS rifle out there can/are run essentially as SAWs....that short CQB weapons can/are used as field rifles...that the upsides of a "precision" rifle are overshadowed by the AEG vs. single shot discrepancy. It really washes it all with a coating of fakeness...but I don't think it needs to be that way.

Reality being....I doubt the masses of players are going to "compromise" their weapons performance by tuning it down or using light BBs. There might be a surge of SAW/LMG/sniper rifles....but that can be controlled by the game side.

Oh...and it'd all be real cap

So it may never happen...but I think it'd be cool.
*raises hand* IN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudoshin77 View Post
What are the safety requirements in Russia?
Probably just skin and goggles, and that's a maybe.
LightBulb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2010, 01:57   #22
Castle
a.k.a. JLiu

I agree with every word of m102's first post.

Castle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2010, 08:35   #23
Gunny_McSmith
a.k.a. Palucol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle View Post
I agree with every word of m102's first post.
+1, i'd love to have that ....

except for real caps.... not all player would like that.... but still.... all the other rules are awesome....

Each game could have a tech station, where preadvised-players(in the forum, rules will be posted before game day) that dont pass the chrony, have to downgrade there FPS...at a cost... :P
Old January 12th, 2011, 15:31   #24
BoGrain
représentant officiel de
     WW2Quebec

that would be great but hard to enforce on large scale - I would like a game with those rules
Old January 12th, 2011, 17:01   #25
Boyso
a.k.a. LastSpartan

Send a message via MSN to Boyso
I've heard Pat shoot his 8mm Shotgun at Action Commando.

Makes a really distinct sound. And everyone jumps behind cover.

Glad he was on my side.

"WHEN I DIE
BURY ME
UPSIDE DOWN
SO THE WORLD
CAN KISS MY ASS"
-Platoon

Boyso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2011, 17:31   #26
Donster

Quote:
8mm hurt like a son of a bitch in CQB...even with the lightest BBs. I probably still have a tri-welt on my ass from SAFX's shotty.

I'd love to see an AS game setup where FPS/BB weights were relagated to more reflect RS. I think it'd bring on a much different game dynamic.

I think Rifles should have a distinct range/accuracy advantage over SMGs....battle/assault rifles should have a distinct difference from carbines...I think 7.62 calibers should be differentiated in range/accuracy vs. smaller calibers. The RS benefits of AM/sniper rifles should be better reflected vs. other types of weapons.

i.e.
- pistols/SMG's/shottys (pistol caliber, short range) have to shoot max 300 and use 0.20's
- Carbines/SAW (5.56, PDW rounds) have to shoot max 400 and can use up to 0.25's
- Assault rifles (full size 5.56, 7.62) have to shoot max 450 and must use 0.30's
- Sniper rifles (7.62/338) have to shoot max 500fps and must use 0.30+...or 8mm...vetted persons only
- Big bore AM rifles (i.e. 338/50cal) shoot max 550 and must use .40+...or 8mm...vetted persons only

It's always been a pet peeve of mine that basically every AEG/AS rifle out there can/are run essentially as SAWs....that short CQB weapons can/are used as field rifles...that the upsides of a "precision" rifle are overshadowed by the AEG vs. single shot discrepancy. It really washes it all with a coating of fakeness...but I don't think it needs to be that way.

Reality being....I doubt the masses of players are going to "compromise" their weapons performance by tuning it down or using light BBs. There might be a surge of SAW/LMG/sniper rifles....but that can be controlled by the game side.

i agree with everything you said except the real-cap.

real cap is for real guns with real ballistics. airsoft doesn't perform the same and has to make up for this handicap with more ammo. If i could point what i am aiming at and hit it in one shot, than i would support real cap 100%.

alas, such isn't the case, and is one of the reasons (among others) as to why i am leaving the sport.
Donster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2011, 17:36   #27
onemenace
Banned

Send a message via MSN to onemenace
Quote:

i.e.

I 100% agree and I think game host should start strictly enforcing those rules until they become habit.

I think it would significantly change the airsoft game for the better and bring new better dynamics to the games, it would make people think about what weapons there gaming with and what they would be really capable of.

Any milsim game should def have those restrictions I know they generally do real cap but i think the bb weights would interesting along with fps for barrel length/weapon type.

I would def love to go to russia and try one of those games out sounds very realistic and dangerous but obvisly with the right protection would be hella fun.

I was surfing some websites a few weeks ago looking for WE M4 parts and upgrade parts from new sites I've never been to before and I came across some foreign language web site and a few words were in english but one really stood out which was "warsoft" which I thought was awesome and after reading this maybe its another variation to airsoft like hard ball or perhaps that's what they were referring to if not I think we should change the name of our game
onemenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2011, 17:39   #28
Boyso
a.k.a. LastSpartan

Warsoft is also a french airsoft magazine.

"WHEN I DIE
BURY ME
UPSIDE DOWN
SO THE WORLD
CAN KISS MY ASS"
-Platoon

Boyso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2011, 21:10   #29
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyso View Post
Warsoft is also a french airsoft magazine.
So is Surrendersoft.

Lol, sorry, I couldn't resist!
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2011, 21:13   #30
Boyso
a.k.a. LastSpartan

hehe, easy one :P

"WHEN I DIE
BURY ME
UPSIDE DOWN
SO THE WORLD