Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Chinese crime ring turns Airsoft guns into real guns

:

General

Old September 18th, 2009, 23:01   #31
mcguyver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronan View Post
AR bolt carrier fits WA/AGM/G&P with little modification (it was tested on some forum). Now if it can actually fire a round, i have no idea and doubt it.
Why not? Does the hammer strikme in the same area? Is the disconnector the same? Could I install the $70 DPMS lower kit into a WA-based gun, and now have the correct alignment of parts to make a full-auto or even semi-auto AR lower? Materials quality and durability are absolutely irrelevant. The replica law we have now was to stop cheap .22 starter pistols from being drilled out to fire live rounds. It used to be a problem enough that legislation was made for it.

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep discussing what's for dinner.

Freedom is the wolves limping away while the sheep reloads.

Never confuse freedom with democracy.
mcguyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2009, 23:31   #32
hattrick
NAAZ's #1 fan!

Send a message via MSN to hattrick
If i recall correctly a company called "ashanti" or somthing along those lines made a bolt action shell ejecting 6mm sniper rifle.
Much like the recent tanaka revolver issue these guns ACTUALLY COULD fire a .22 caliber bullet. (if the gun would break upon action and potentially hurt the user I do not know)

That much I am sure of.

What I only vaguly remember is somthing about chinese gangs getting their hands on these & in turn having them being taken away by authorities.

Thats my input - alex
hattrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2009, 23:42   #33
kullwarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by hattrick View Post
If i recall correctly a company called "ashanti" or somthing along those lines made a bolt action shell ejecting 6mm sniper rifle.
Much like the recent tanaka revolver issue these guns ACTUALLY COULD fire a .22 caliber bullet. (if the gun would break upon action and potentially hurt the user I do not know)

That much I am sure of.

What I only vaguly remember is somthing about chinese gangs getting their hands on these & in turn having them being taken away by authorities.

Thats my input - alex
thats Asahi, its a long ago stuff before I was even born.
Also I find this questionable. like honestly how hard is it to use steel balls put a paintball gun's PSI to max? I know 280 fps for a paintball is around 8J of energy.

Next thing, in both China, there's two people that have guns, the facist government, and the freedom fighter criminals. They don't just have single fire, they got stuff you wouldn't even dream of.
**Javelin (not the spear but the shoulder fired missile
**Full automatic Type 56 (not our media confused em self about auto, but the auto that if you hold the trigger it will keep firing0
**Tanks
*Artilleries
Im not joking, in Taiwan we heard of this news before, so airsoft gun convert into firearms seems like nothing when firearms are easier to obtain
Old September 18th, 2009, 23:45   #34
kullwarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguyver View Post
Why not? Does the hammer strikme in the same area? Is the disconnector the same? Could I install the $70 DPMS lower kit into a WA-based gun, and now have the correct alignment of parts to make a full-auto or even semi-auto AR lower? Materials quality and durability are absolutely irrelevant. The replica law we have now was to stop cheap .22 starter pistols from being drilled out to fire live rounds. It used to be a problem enough that legislation was made for it.
Umm mac, if you don't know a WA, G&P, KA, AGM, CA, JG receiver is off dimension than the firearms one, if I recall correct it is shorter in lengh, thats why there's a misalingment of the grooves on external looks. Second, if you want to convert Magna into firing bullets it would've been banned by Japanese government since Tanaka's new gas in shell design was similiar to a revolver and it was banned simply because the hammer strikes the shell, not the primer of a bullet area.
Old September 18th, 2009, 23:51   #35
mcguyver

Quote:
Originally Posted by kullwarrior View Post
Umm mac, if you don't know a WA, G&P, KA, AGM, CA, JG receiver is off dimension than the firearms one, if I recall correct it is shorter in lengh, thats why there's a misalingment of the grooves on external looks.
I don't understand what your are saying? Will a real carrier fit in any GBBR, will any of them accept real lower parts in the trigger-hammer chain, or will the hammer strike the firing pin of a real carrier? Will a real barrel fit any GBBR uppers?

I have an AR, so I have parts. I have no GBBR, so I can't say for certain. But from what I have heard, WE ran into some trouble with this in the US, and so did G&P. From a design standpoint, it would be orders of magnitude easier to do this with a GBBR than to modify an AEG, which was my point.

Old September 18th, 2009, 23:54   #36
Ronan
Official Crybaby Chairsofter

Quote:
Maybe, my guess is the gun would explode in your face.

If people really want a gun theirs much easier ways. Heck go CNC a lower and get the rest off websites = boom done...
Ronan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2009, 01:41   #37
yuhaoyang
asexual lumbricus terrestris

Send a message via MSN to yuhaoyang
I seriously doubt that the hammer of a GBBR would strike the same place as a primer on a 223... after all the hammer has to strike the gas valve on a mag right? O.o
and a feed lip extends further up....
Reguardless I've heard the same paranoid shit since I was like 5 years old in china, and the news warning parents about how dangerous airsoft guns are.
yuhaoyang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2009, 01:43   #38
Deftonius
Troll

Send a message via ICQ to Deftonius Send a message via AIM to Deftonius Send a message via MSN to Deftonius
Quote:
Heck i can go kill people with spoons... Or a cup
I'm pretty sure you'd get your ass handed to you by just about anyone, McLovin.
Deftonius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2009, 02:41   #39
Ronan
Official Crybaby Chairsofter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deftonius View Post
Do you seriously have NOTHING to do than follow me around ASC?

Don't you have a job and a wife or something?

I mean i like you too but geez...

Last edited by Ronan; September 19th, 2009 at 02:58..
Ronan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2009, 03:07   #40
Deftonius
Troll

Send a message via ICQ to Deftonius Send a message via AIM to Deftonius Send a message via MSN to Deftonius
Quote:

I mean i like you too but geez...
A/S/L?
Deftonius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2009, 11:50   #41
yuhaoyang
asexual lumbricus terrestris

Send a message via MSN to yuhaoyang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deftonius View Post
lawl....
this thread will turn very epic it seems.
yuhaoyang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2009, 12:39   #42
kullwarrior

Quote:
I don't understand what your are saying? Will a real carrier fit in any GBBR, will any of them accept real lower parts in the trigger-hammer chain, or will the hammer strike the firing pin of a real carrier? Will a real barrel fit any GBBR uppers?

I have an AR, so I have parts. I have no GBBR, so I can't say for certain. But from what I have heard, WE ran into some trouble with this in the US, and so did G&P. From a design standpoint, it would be orders of magnitude easier to do this with a GBBR than to modify an AEG, which was my point.
I know the WA style receiver WILL not accept an ar-15 bolt carrier because it is shorter by a few mm
I'm not sure the firing group would work, then the bolt catch assembly is different. Magna hammer strike the lower portion of the bolt catch group which sends a pin forward to hit the gas release. Basically if you want to convert it into a firearms, you're gonna have to:
a) get a prime receiver (which is alot more expensive then AR-15 receiver in Canada (without import fee)
b) get the bolt catch group converted, this is gonna be hard since there's more cutouts in magna system towards the magazine area
c) some how get the firing group in
d) install ar-15 upper.

Honestly, if I really want to get an m4 cheap.... I'll just get the norinco CQ556 and mod it from there since it was originally full auto being factory convert into semi (In the Firearms Act, a converted auto which is prohibited is a firearms originally capable of firing automatic convert into semi auto only by a third party, if it was original factory conversion then it is just a semi auto AFAIK)
Old September 19th, 2009, 13:07   #43
mcguyver

Quote:
I know the WA style receiver WILL not accept an ar-15 bolt carrier because it is shorter by a few mm
I'm not sure the firing group would work, then the bolt catch assembly is different. Magna hammer strike the lower portion of the bolt catch group which sends a pin forward to hit the gas release. Basically if you want to convert it into a firearms, you're gonna have to:
a) get a prime receiver (which is alot more expensive then AR-15 receiver in Canada (without import fee)
b) get the bolt catch group converted, this is gonna be hard since there's more cutouts in magna system towards the magazine area
c) some how get the firing group in
d) install ar-15 upper.
If it is possible to install any real parts into an airsoft gun to make it fire, then said airsoft gun would be prohibited. Replica status doesn't apply in that case. If I can take a lower parts kit (not controlled), install it in a GBBR lower, install a real carrier group (even with minor mods), and a real upper, that base GBBR would be prohibited and would be a huge problem for anyone who owns one. This was my question, which nobody on here is able (or willing) to answer. None of the parts I list is controlled, so getting them is easy as pie. If I had a GBBR in my hands, I could tell you within a matter of minutes if it's possible. If it is, look out, legal troubles will abound.

Quote:
Honestly, if I really want to get an m4 cheap.... I'll just get the norinco CQ556 and mod it from there since it was originally full auto being factory convert into semi (In the Firearms Act, a converted auto which is prohibited is a firearms originally capable of firing automatic convert into semi auto only by a third party, if it was original factory conversion then it is just a semi auto AFAIK)
You are wrong. Any gun designed to be full auto is prohibited in Canada, converted auto is a class of prohibited all it's own. The gun must be designed and constructed to be semi-auto only, no "factory conversions" are allowed. This is the problem right now with VZ-58 and Type-97 classification in Canada.

Old September 19th, 2009, 14:38   #44
mousqueterre

Airsoft guns into real guns is impossible is not same world !!!!!!!! Stop mix real gun whit airsoft. Maybe paintball gun can but the modification is too big for not professional guy and not any professional............... If that possible all army use aeg , no heat, no sound , no smoke , and price for munition minus 90%.
mousqueterre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2009, 15:00   #45
kullwarrior

Quote:
If it is possible to install any real parts into an airsoft gun to make it fire, then said airsoft gun would be prohibited. Replica status doesn't apply in that case. If I can take a lower parts kit (not controlled), install it in a GBBR lower, install a real carrier group (even with minor mods), and a real upper, that base GBBR would be prohibited and would be a huge problem for anyone who owns one. This was my question, which nobody on here is able (or willing) to answer. None of the parts I list is controlled, so getting them is easy as pie. If I had a GBBR in my hands, I could tell you within a matter of minutes if it's possible. If it is, look out, legal troubles will abound.

You are wrong. Any gun designed to be full auto is prohibited in Canada, converted auto is a class of prohibited all it's own. The gun must be designed and constructed to be semi-auto only, no "factory conversions" are allowed. This is the problem right now with VZ-58 and Type-97 classification in Canada.
That brings to the question, why didn't the Japanese Poliice official didn't ban the WA design? the capassida (spelling) by tanaka was full plastic, there's a video of a guy using it with the cylinder open and his finger on where the pin will strike the gas release, it didn't even left a mark on his finger yet the police ban it because they thought it could become a disposable and suicidal for the user pistol.
Mac, I thought the Canadian version of the TAR-21 is the same, internal of a FA. And don't forget Norinco is on the same page, they have the full auto carrier. And honestly, we could argue for days, I have a GBBR, I don't plan on getting an AR-15 since I don't really like the restricted status of it as well as the expensive .223 bullets due to the obamanation in the south and the War in Middle East. perhaps I'll get one when the prices of the bullets go down, the ar-15 become derestricted (lol when pigs fly, Wendy Cukier would probably say lets put anything which is a semi auto into restricted), or when I got my masters and a job. (lol talk about 10 years from now)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousqueterre View Post
Airsoft guns into real guns is impossible is not same world !!!!!!!! Stop mix real gun whit airsoft. Maybe paintball gun can but the modification is too big for not professional guy and not any professional............... If that possible all army use aeg , no heat, no sound , no smoke , and price for munition minus 90%.
says a guy who's probably not 18, you don't have Av'ed you don't own a GBBR nor a AR-15 (if you do, allow me to report you to the nearest law enforcement as it is a restricted rifle)

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General