Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

piston head wobble, other questions

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old February 13th, 2010, 19:03   #1
Sacre

Smile piston head wobble, other questions

This a bad thing? The piston head having a slight wobble?

I personally think it is, it could go on a bit of an angle inside the cylinder and scrape the head/cylinder..

No? or this normal?

Sorry about all these questions, i've only gotten into airsoft about 2-3 months ago and i'm trying to make this gun very very nice

Still have yet to upgrade its battery and motor (if you know whats best by all means give me a few pointers, atm i'm using a 9.6V 1400mah). The internals are all great and the barrel is a 6.03mm barrel. the hopup unfortunately is plastic, but i'm not sure how much of an effect a metal hopup would have on performance. Seems more like a longevity upgrade.
Thank you
~Sacre~
Sacre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2010, 19:25   #2
Sbradshaw

just imagine a piston in your car is "wobbling" and think if its a good thing??

no its not good, you piston head should be tightened securly to your piston and there shouldnt be any wobble as the piston is guided by the mechbox grooves and the sector gear.

i would suggest replacing your piston and head if the mounting screw is stripped out, as both parts "may" be damaged.

as for the motor question id go with an infinity touque up motor from airsoftparts.ca, great prices and awsome guy to deal with
Sbradshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2010, 20:00   #3
Sacre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbradshaw View Post
just imagine a piston in your car is "wobbling" and think if its a good thing??

no its not good, you piston head should be tightened securly to your piston and there shouldnt be any wobble as the piston is guided by the mechbox grooves and the sector gear.

i would suggest replacing your piston and head if the mounting screw is stripped out, as both parts "may" be damaged.

as for the motor question id go with an infinity touque up motor from airsoftparts.ca, great prices and awsome guy to deal with
The piston head itself has a slight wobble, the piston body is secure nicely. I noticed when i screwed the piston head into the piston body itself, the head wobbled slightly but I couldn't tighten the screw anymore to prevent it from wobbling, She still fires nice (the gun) at around 360-370, haven't had any problems. still wondering if it'll wear faster then usual, or if this is normal

Yea, bought everything so far from airsoftparts.ca, fast shipping, great place.
Old February 13th, 2010, 20:36   #4
Sbradshaw

hey if it works for you, who am i to judge, but i believe it will wear down a lot faster and may wreck other components when it does fail.

is it the stock piston and head??

and is there an alignment "nub" on them to line them up?
have you tried taking the parts completely apart, cleaning and then putting them back together?
Sbradshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2010, 20:52   #5
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
The piston and head should function as a solid piece, not wobbly.

Tighten that thing down.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2010, 21:04   #6
Sacre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbradshaw View Post
hey if it works for you, who am i to judge, but i believe it will wear down a lot faster and may wreck other components when it does fail.

is it the stock piston and head??

and is there an alignment "nub" on them to line them up?
have you tried taking the parts completely apart, cleaning and then putting them back together?
I'll take her apart and take a look at her again. It seems that where I tighten the screw in, the piston body isn't thick enough and there is room for the piston head to wobble

i'll open her up in a few and take a second look and see if i screwed up somewhere
Old February 13th, 2010, 22:06   #7
audi_bhoy

How about stacking some paper or anything to use as a gasket between piston and head, to make a spacer? That should do it, at least if I get the point of what's loose !
audi_bhoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2010, 22:14   #8
Sacre

Quote:
Originally Posted by audi_bhoy View Post
How about stacking some paper or anything to use as a gasket between piston and head, to make a spacer? That should do it, at least if I get the point of what's loose !
heh, i grabbed a pair of cutters and cut a tiny piece off the tip of the screw instead, now she is tight as hell and isn't budging!

also spaced my gears with some spacers or w/e they're called

now my only problem is the damn screw on my magpul handgrip, unscrews itself as i fire O.o
Old February 14th, 2010, 10:08   #9
audi_bhoy

Non-Permanent lock-tite will help you on the handguard problem, and nice job with the piston head!
audi_bhoy is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications