Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Media
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

My new film!!(all weapons used were airsoft)

:

Airsoft Media

Old April 13th, 2011, 02:27   #16
six4

Send a message via MSN to six4
I found it quite entertaining actually, ( don's flame retardant suit and ducks for cover ) the sound was bad,wardrobe was a bit off,gas masks? really? Also after being shot near point blank in the back with a .50 cal dude wouldn't be crawling away lol. What sniper would shoot with his barrel sticking out the window? Windy sound scenes turned me off but I like the shaky cam the perfect hollywood stills piss me off anyway. Look forward to seeing more of this after it's revisited.
six4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2011, 02:46   #17
Ghostnote

phloudernow, are you a first year film student?
Ghostnote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2011, 02:49   #18
phloudernow

Send a message via MSN to phloudernow Send a message via Skype™ to phloudernow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostnote View Post
phloudernow, are you a first year film student?
err yeah... why?

haha technically ive been a film student for a while now, i took film back in high school learnt most of the first year stuff already, to be honest i produced way better stuff in my senior year than my first year production
Custom SAI BLU Glock Build (Timberwolf Base)
Custom Zev Noveske Shooting Team Glock 34
Project Guns
Custom Zev Dragonfly G17 (Project) (In progress)
phloudernow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2011, 02:54   #19
krap101

Just some things I noticed:

The "sniper" was a bit too close to the "target" and the barrel thing as mentioned earlier.

Also, the guy's finger was on the trigger before was about to take the shot (and even before the safety was disengaged).

One thing I didn't understand, is why the guy couldn't get the explosives off himself?

Anyways, Freddie is good at what he does, and is a pretty hard standard to be judged by, but it's a good thing to aspire towards. Much better than my first movie :P (it was for spanish)
krap101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2011, 03:15   #20
Ghostnote

=) I can tell by the way you used mise-en-scene in a sentence.

Caspian, don't be discouraged if not everyone thinks the video is amazing. Obviously there was a lot of work put into this. It was an ambitious first video but I think 15 minutes is a little too much for the youtube attention span. Remember less is more, you don't make your first game a 24 hour milsim, find the things you can do and do them well.
Ghostnote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2011, 03:28   #21
phloudernow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostnote View Post
=) I can tell by the way you used mise-en-scene in a sentence.
haha well ill be filming some cool action scenes sometime in my second year, will be looking for extras and actors

just kinda copying the freddiew stuff with explosions and stuff but with more narrative to it
Project Guns
Old April 13th, 2011, 11:31   #22
diamond_SEA

Send a message via MSN to diamond_SEA
oh mise-en scene.

personal opinion. Desaturated color pallette works best when you throw in some striking colors in. When you crush your blacks your washing out all your color to the point of unnaturalness. use directional lighting but soften it with diffusion and that should get enough wrap around your actors to light the other side of their heads. Outdoors use some bounce to light the opposite side of their head so you dont loose their face in shadow.

Continuity was off. Storyboarding and blocking should solve that. I usually doodle out an overhead view of actor movement and blocking and then plot my camera positions.

Handheld was a good choice, but this is too much. Use a fig rig or poor mans steadycam. You should try to be as smooth as possible and let the weight of the camera flow and the movement of the camera add the energy.

Theres been enough said of the performance.

And take that dam auto-iris off, your getting shifting exposures.
diamond_SEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2011, 13:36   #23
THE BOSS
Bearer of the blood Hand

THe shakiness is adding to a sureal reception.

To much and it is distracting. I personally love a handheld image.

But like Battle LA - it was to much - especially on the grave yard. The director probably wanted to give the reality feeling. Our human eye is used to homevideos being shaky .

Homevideo = reality - since real people filming real incidents in their life. so our mind is making this calculation on its own.

Shaky = real

but too much is a distracting factor.

--------

I found it the notch to much in your movie caspian - especially on rather story related items...

the beginning unclear ness and shakiness at the first torture seen there - that was the perfect recepy - I had the feeling of beeing actually knocked out ( was many times in my life) and wake slowly up - it really had it there....

for the office and other rather focused scenes you needed not as much shaking but maybe more cutting - focus changes - indicating a secret transaction - going down cache cache.

------------

But before all and all - I have to say - Hands down - you did a lot of work - and that interest in doing this rather then sitting in a bar drinking beer and getting hammered speaks already for you.

I recommend to every critic if vulgaer and rude or polite and kind to try something like that on his own.

To me it is not alright when we attack rudely a youngster who puts his time and money and has to ask friends in additions to help a lot, into such a project - puts his best knowledge into it. Gives it his best shot with the equipment he can afford ( and this shit is so super expensive) - and is kind enough to share it with us - that we tell him it is shit - it sucks - you suck da di dada da

Not alright gents.

You did alright young man - I do like your visuals - you have the hang to the sureal. Love it. The rest is details - finetuning so to say.

But you have the gift of the beholders eye and what it wants to see or asume rather - if you go into the sureal

my two cents. since I do that little filming crap myself - but far from the abillities of Caspian.

a little look - let me know boys if you like it

YouTube - Teaser two - Terminators defeat - the EMP.wmv
THE BOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2011, 13:45   #24
R.I.T.Z
Crackers

@THE BOSS
quite well done, sound seemed a little off (could be my speakers)
And the frame rate seemed a little slow.
Other then that it was quite well done.

I have tried making movies, needless to say they haven't turned out too well.
Well except the most recent one, http://www.facebook.com/v/1226031504633 could be worse...
R.I.T.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2011, 13:54   #25
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

I stopped watching 5 minutes in...

just because you are an amateur film maker it does not mean your films have to be bad. I can deal with bad acting, I can deal with bad lighting, I can deal with bad camera work.. you are learning after all.

you pretty much lost me with the 2 guys armed to the teeth and one of them wearing a gas mask .. while in an office

I mean how did they get there ? and leave without the cops being called?

a good film will suspend disbelief... I should not be required to suspend my intelligence as well.
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2011, 14:05   #26
THE BOSS
Bearer of the blood Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian McIlmoyle View Post

just because you are an amateur film maker it does not mean your films have to be bad. I can deal with bad acting, I can deal with bad lighting, I can deal with bad camera work.. you are learning after all.

you pretty much lost me with the 2 guys armed to the teeth and one of them wearing a gas mask .. while in an office

I mean how did they get there ? and leave without the cops being called?

a good film will suspend disbelief... I should not be required to suspend my intelligence as well.
I agree with you. I had this motion as well.

Gas mask - Killer mask - Office...? How did they get there?

The story would need a little work here.
Take the movies of Army of two - they have a switch board ( and a real pretty one ) to do the contract dealings.

THe two Heros are contacted in their privat life via phone call - briefed and aquired.

But I did not expect in that scene a mature man of rather CIA type looking office pencil pusher stereo type a guy. Sending his operatives out to kill and die maybe from behind his safe desk.

that was a good one. just the heavy boys in his office - I agree that would have to need a little refilming there.

and yes - the sniper hanging out the window and so on.

There is good creative input here Caspian - I hope you take the good meanings out of it - do not give up and make a even better one next time.

because you have the gift. the rest is learning and improvement.

Keep going brother
THE BOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2011, 14:07   #27
R.I.T.Z
Crackers

Is not as bad as this
R.I.T.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2011, 14:12   #28
THe_Silencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian McIlmoyle View Post
Same here I'm afraid. When that random chick comes in and pwns the 2 guys I just couldn't finish it. Gas masks in the office, bad acting, shaky cam abuse, etc. Either get better actors and make it a serious production or make it obvious that it's not to be taken seriously.

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it - Aristotle
-Founder of Steel City Hamilton Infantry and Tactics
-Certified level 43 Autosniper by Commander Amos
THe_Silencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2011, 14:17   #29
Gato
ASC's Whiny Bitch

I'm inclined to agree with this sentiment

"It's not exciting.
It's not educational.
It's not erotic.
It's not comedic.
It's not interesting.
It's not good."

I'd say good job but that'd be counter productive to my post
Certified Level 3.1415926 Sniper Certified
Certified Level 3.1415926 Orbital Weapons platform Certified
Gato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2011, 14:50   #30
phloudernow

come on guys its his first production, give him a break but yeah though much is constructive criticism, its always helpful to spend more time creating your film than rushing it and it being shit. lots of continuity issues but i found it alright, and yeah i didnt even watch it to the end so i wouldnt know how the rest of it was, i just couldnt take the bad acting.

super Young general was making me laugh
Project Guns
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Media