Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Tactics, Techniques and Procedures
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Tips and techniques for outdoor woodlands/bush play?

:

Tactics, Techniques and Procedures

Old August 26th, 2013, 19:23   #16
FOX_111
Le Roi des poissons d'avril

The key to success in teamwork.

If you end up alone, find a group of friendly to tag along.

If you are alone, you better move very slowly and deliberatly. Crawling on all 4 or on your belly is a must to aproach ennemy position. Once you fire, make a retreat, as you are often alone and the ennemy might not be.

Always aproach your target head on, not laterally. If you are leaving under fire, do so diagonally if possible and not straight out. That way the terrain will probably mask you and make yourself a more difficult target to shoot.

The gear you mentionned is not good for wooded erea. You need a camoflage patern as much as possible with little to no black or bright color. Black in wooded erea is like white, it stick out a lot. As a sniper, I find a lot of my targets with dark moving shadows and noisy noobs walking aimlessly on the field.

Again, it's not a lonewolf game. Lone guys die alone.

Vérificateur d'âge: Terrebonne
FOX_111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2013, 09:17   #17
thebreadbandit.

If you find yourself going lone wolf, make sure you utilize your patience (if you have any). SLOWLY walk up 10-15 feet, stop under cover & take a look around at your surroundings. Scan in an infinity/ horizontal "8" pattern, and make sure you keep your ears open for the crackle of sticks, leaves, etc.

DON'T FORGET TO KEEP AN EYE ON YOUR SIX O'CLOCK.

Should you come into contact with a fire team/ squad, fall back ASAP. Better to leave now and live another round. I don't think anyone enjoys getting lit up from the flank/ rear.
thebreadbandit. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2013, 10:27   #18
canabubba

First - I'd suggest that the color black doesn't appear in nature, so that may be giving you away.

The biggest thing, though, is movement. In the forest, if you remain motionless, you're all but invisible. Any shades of green and/or brown will work fine, for the most part.

Our eyes are attracted to movement......ever seen a bird fly into a tree (the easy part)......but then try to find it sitting inthe tree? (impossible)

We have guys in our club who can't stay still in the woods, and are always the first to get hit.

Then we have guys who routinely get stepped on, simply because they know how to freeze. The slightest movement will give youaway.....turning your head......moving your gun......swatting a bug......

Work on your steath, and you'll probably have better luck.

That.....and if you're advancing through the woods looking for the enemy.....stop....look....listen......don't just stomp on through until you find contact, because if you find contact...you're dead. One instance of stopping, looking, and listening may take 5 or 10 minutes. It's all about patience.
canabubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2013, 10:59   #19
MADDOG

MADDOG's Tidbits

· Employ proper camouflage for the environment in which you are operating

· Break up your silhouette and shape, especially the head and neck area as well as the weapon. A full gillie is not required but the trade off is heat management and fogging

· Look for goggle and sunglasses shine and shape, look for straight lines and order not in nature, movement is the biggest giveaway, stay still and you can hide in plain sight with minimal camouflage. Use the shadows, stay out of sunlight which can highlight your movement.

· Do not get tunnel vision, keep scanning look for the above, try to keep a sector to your back that is unlikely to have enemy approaching

· Always make sure you check that sector, or someone sneaky will get through

· Always move from cover to cover, never move without a plan, always plan your movement

· Look for enemy is areas likely to provide cover, factor that in the plan. Can you move faster than others, are you smaller and hard to see, are you a good shot, use your stong points to your advantage and make sure you gauge the enemies capabilities as well

· Understand what different types of cover actually provide, will it block your whole body and gear from incoming rounds, is it just tall grass that can be shot through with heavy rounds, can you be seen from elevation, is it better to move fast(hopefully they cannot adjust fire) or slow (avoid detection), how accurate has been the incoming fire gauge your enemy skill level

· Learn the effective range or your weapon (learn to shoot it instinctively)and your enemies, stay outside that distance until you are ready to close the gap once you have manoeuvred into a favorable attack position

· Dare, go where they do not want to go, get wet when they want to stay dry, be cold when they are warm, use more energy to climb when they want to go downhill, do the unexpected, be unconventional and flexible, adapt on the fly, without the aptitude and willingness to hone these types of skills, your success will be minimal.

· Team work is good, it is always advantageous to have other cannon fodder around for a distraction, but lone wolf can be successful as well if you know what you are doing

Finally, practice and experience, always analyze what went wrong and how you can improve for next time, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Cry Havoc, Let slip the Dogs of War!

"Opportunities multiply as they are seized."
- Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Last edited by MADDOG; September 30th, 2013 at 11:07..
MADDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2013, 20:16   #20
Trev140_0

:shock:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MADDOG View Post
· Employ proper camouflage for the environment in which you are operating

· Break up your silhouette and shape, especially the head and neck area as well as the weapon. A full gillie is not required but the trade off is heat management and fogging

· Look for goggle and sunglasses shine and shape, look for straight lines and order not in nature, movement is the biggest giveaway, stay still and you can hide in plain sight with minimal camouflage. Use the shadows, stay out of sunlight which can highlight your movement.

· Do not get tunnel vision, keep scanning look for the above, try to keep a sector to your back that is unlikely to have enemy approaching

· Always make sure you check that sector, or someone sneaky will get through

· Always move from cover to cover, never move without a plan, always plan your movement

· Look for enemy is areas likely to provide cover, factor that in the plan. Can you move faster than others, are you smaller and hard to see, are you a good shot, use your stong points to your advantage and make sure you gauge the enemies capabilities as well

· Understand what different types of cover actually provide, will it block your whole body and gear from incoming rounds, is it just tall grass that can be shot through with heavy rounds, can you be seen from elevation, is it better to move fast(hopefully they cannot adjust fire) or slow (avoid detection), how accurate has been the incoming fire gauge your enemy skill level

· Learn the effective range or your weapon (learn to shoot it instinctively)and your enemies, stay outside that distance until you are ready to close the gap once you have manoeuvred into a favorable attack position

· Dare, go where they do not want to go, get wet when they want to stay dry, be cold when they are warm, use more energy to climb when they want to go downhill, do the unexpected, be unconventional and flexible, adapt on the fly, without the aptitude and willingness to hone these types of skills, your success will be minimal.

· Team work is good, it is always advantageous to have other cannon fodder around for a distraction, but lone wolf can be successful as well if you know what you are doing

Finally, practice and experience, always analyze what went wrong and how you can improve for next time, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

And another tip, is don't shoot your own player in the back. :wink:

"....Your life is ending one minute at a time..."

Trev140_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2013, 22:08   #21
DaWaffleGoblin

"Bush Play" Hahaha... but seriously, find out your style and run with it. I find when I don't know what my game plan is, I end up getting lit up. I personally like the traditional squad style playing... (having assault dudes, a DMR, support guy etc.) but sometimes it is hard finding like minded people..
Old November 21st, 2013, 22:09   #22
DaWaffleGoblin

Unhappy Necro king.

I also necro post topics alot.
Old November 21st, 2013, 22:20   #23
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

lol nice.
Everyone wants to be "special", have a unique role like LMG or DMR, or sniper.
Well that leaves no room for traditional riflemen. And guess what? Riflemen win games.
Look at any serious team, and they're not comprised of 90% snipers and two LMGs, they're all or very mostly riflemen with maybe one LMG or one DMR out of 10 guys.

For noobs;
LMG is a crutch for people that don't know how to aim or suppress properly. Sniper is for people that don't understand what being a sniper actually is. DMR is for people that want a long range rifle that out ranges everyone else so they can feel more skilled.
Having a shitty gun and a mindset willing to learn and IMPROVE is better than having a wicked PTW.
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2013, 07:56   #24
DaWaffleGoblin

Agreed

I agree thundercactus, that the riflemen make it happen. I am however partial to LMG because it's my personal fave lol. I love pinning the enemy down so the riflemen can move in on them! But that's not to take away from the fact that when you talk to new guys (and I'm including myself as one) it seems they all want to snipe/dmr or serve some special purpose. My $0.02 to the OP is maybe if he found a group of guys and fit a role, whatever it may be, perhaps then he would have more success in the woods.

But hey, go easy on LMG fanboys maybe it's cause we're shitty riflemen lol
Old November 22nd, 2013, 08:00   #25
DaWaffleGoblin

Willingness to learn!

Forgot to add that you're right, nothing beats the will to learn and improve. But I find it's hard to talk to guys you don't really know lol. Uncomfortable. Haha
Old November 22nd, 2013, 08:44   #26
Cliffradical
butthurt for not having a user title

Don't walk through bush, walk under it. Do squats in kit if you can't yet.

Take a few steps, then crouch. Repeat until you get to your destination.

Set mental waypoints: Don't go somewhere unless you have at least a rough idea of where you're going. Consult a map and/ or friendly players who know the lay of the land. Try to anticipate areas where you would defend or attack if you were the enemy team, and avoid or interdict them.

KNOW YOUR GAME
If you're at a scrim, be willing to go brass balls/ cannon fodder if your team needs it. If you're at a milsim, find an experienced but pleasant player and keep your mouth shut/ ears and eyes open.
Cliffradical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2013, 12:58   #27
DrDoUm

If you tag along with at least another player, be sure of who watches right and who watches left flank (center front and rear). It seems pretty basic but it's not always as obvious in the woods as it is in CQB since it's harder to progress in a straight path.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Tactics, Techniques and Procedures