Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Airsoft Android App (Defuse bomb game plays)

:

General

View Poll Results: Max you would pay for this?
$0.00 (Free) - $1.99 30 88.24%
$2.00 - $4.99 2 5.88%
$5.00 - $9.99 1 2.94%
$10.00 - $14.99 1 2.94%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 23rd, 2013, 03:52   #1
CavemanSean

Send a message via MSN to CavemanSean Send a message via Skype™ to CavemanSean
Airsoft Android App (Defuse bomb game plays)

1st off, I do apologize if this is in the wrong area or if this breaks some ASC rules but I'm trying to get some feed back,

I've been playing with an idea over the last few months about setting up an android app that can be installed on a cheap tablet thats secured inside a box to play various game's on... heres what I'm thinking about for game styles

CLICK HERE TO VIEW

With some great luck I managed to find a coder that is willing to help me out with this project!!

so now my question to you fellow airsofter's is;

1: can you think of any other game-styles this app could be used in? if so please give me a breif over-view I would LOVE to include your ideas in the app!!
2: can you think of anything I should possibly change with my ideas?
3: (now this one... I know everyone likes free, but we will be pouring a FAIR amount of time into this...) what is the maximum you would pay for this app be? (we would include a free version, the only limitations would be, you cannot configure it.. meaning the times are set to X amount, the password will always be the same, ect..
Please fill in the poll, this will show us if its worth working our butts off in order to make this!
Old May 23rd, 2013, 11:02   #2
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

more fun to clip the wires yourself than play a minigame. It might work better as some sort of hack the uplink/steal info from the network device than a bomb device, but that's imo. Think of it from a realism pov... who makes a bomb with a touch screen interface?
Old May 23rd, 2013, 12:39   #3
QUATTROISKING
LOVES helmets!

Don't shoot me more than 10 times or I'll charge you!

Tablets don't work with gloves on.
Old May 23rd, 2013, 12:45   #4
CavemanSean

I would love to cut physical wires myself, how-ever to do this would require a microcontroller such as a arduino or RaspberryPi. finding this items (plus everything else needed) in stock is hard enough in Canada.

For example; These Guys make & sale a bomb prop that uses an Arduino, it has a number pad to defuse it, loud speaker, and is programmable via that number pad... how ever, its $249.00 for their cheapest version & they are based out of the states, so lets have fun paying shipping on that... or hell get it over the boarder for starters.

the reason we are doing this off the android is so we can sell it fairly cheaply to ANYONE out there in the airsoft community, right now the app will only be available for Android devices, but we do have plans to port it over to Blackberry Playbooks & Apple IPad's

They won't need to know how to program
They won't need to spend $200.00+ on all the hardware and labour for someone to set it up
This allows for multiple different game styles with only ONE device (a tablet) which I can almost guarantee one person in your group would have, if not finding them on Kijiji is easily done and they are CHEAP to.

I do like the idea about the uplink thing... hmmm I'll have to play with that idea some more.
Old May 23rd, 2013, 12:53   #5
PrIeSt
takagari

Send a message via MSN to PrIeSt Send a message via Skype™ to PrIeSt
Quote:
Originally Posted by CavemanSean View Post
I would love to cut physical wires myself, how-ever to do this would require a microcontroller such as a arduino or RaspberryPi. finding this items (plus everything else needed) in stock is hard enough in Canada.

For example; These Guys make & sale a bomb prop that uses an Arduino, it has a number pad to defuse it, loud speaker, and is programmable via that number pad... how ever, its $249.00 for their cheapest version & they are based out of the states, so lets have fun paying shipping on that... or hell get it over the boarder for starters.

the reason we are doing this off the android is so we can sell it fairly cheaply to ANYONE out there in the airsoft community, right now the app will only be available for Android devices, but we do have plans to port it over to Blackberry Playbooks & Apple IPad's

They won't need to know how to program
They won't need to spend $200.00+ on all the hardware and labour for someone to set it up
This allows for multiple different game styles with only ONE device (a tablet) which I can almost guarantee one person in your group would have, if not finding them on Kijiji is easily done and they are CHEAP to.

I do like the idea about the uplink thing... hmmm I'll have to play with that idea some more.
Actually if all you want to do is build a bomb that count's down and you cut wire's in the proper order to kill. You could easily do this with a simple countdown timer, and a bunch of 5v relays.

Mind you, you'd need to know how to work relays and be good at drawing a diagram but Would could easily have them turn each other off in the proper order, and one wrong cut can set off the bomb, plus a correct cut would give you a nice click.

I plan to build one of these this summer
PrIeSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2013, 13:11   #6
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

ask the nightfall game admins about their prop bomb. You're talking taking a piece of hardware out onto the field that's worth a few hundred dollars vs 20 bucks worth of wiring and electronics components.

Then again, you could make it electronic warfare related rather than bomb diffusion... access the uplink terminal to launch missles, issue abort code, hack the system for intel, far more electronic oriented than a touch screen interface to defuse a bomb.

Last edited by lurkingknight; May 23rd, 2013 at 13:13..
lurkingknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2013, 13:11   #7
CavemanSean

That'd be great, but once again, if ya don't know how to do it..

cost of materials + cost of someone to build it for you + cost of shipping it to you

more then likely cost WAY more then

cost of a cheap android tablet (just found a decent 9" tablet on NCIX for $109.00) & it qualifies for free shipping, so thats nice. + a less then $20.00 app, will allow even your budget airsofter to be able to have a great game style
Old May 23rd, 2013, 18:18   #8
ShadowNet

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUATTROISKING View Post
Tablets don't work with gloves on.
they do with mechanix gloves!
Old May 23rd, 2013, 19:35   #9
voorhees -FWA-

Send a message via MSN to voorhees -FWA-
I already use a bomb diffuse interface, with various diffuse modes, on my BlackBerry PlayBook.
I hate to shit on your parade but, I can give the FLA to anyone that wants it. PM me your e-mail and I will send it to you.

Since it's a Flash file, Apple users need not ask.

Cheers,
Voorhees -FWA-
voorhees -FWA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2013, 19:47   #10
CavemanSean

Damn hell!

Nice!! e-mail has been PM'd!
Old March 14th, 2016, 01:18   #11
Celt
formerly known as Monsterosity

Ima leave this here: http://www.paintballprops.com/