Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Indie Canadian Cop Show Filmed With Airsoft

:

General

Old April 8th, 2013, 17:48   #1
AshleyAshes

Indie Canadian Cop Show Filmed With Airsoft

http://youtu.be/orVWW0BJs-M

While the whole production of this has been discussed off over here: http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=150882 I think it'd be worth posting the final product in a dedicated thread up here. I thought maybe the 'airsoft media' section but it seems to be mostly for showing off gear, photos, and in the field GoPro sorta stuff. But it this should go there, sorry.

Anyway, yeah, we made use of everything at Algonquin College in Ottawa to film a cop show set in Toronto. Various sub-schools on campus were nice enough to loan us resources like an ER simulation lab (Also recently seen on last weeks Rick Mercer Report!, a simunition training range were we only made use of a Crown Victoria set up in it, and even an ambulance from the paramedic program. We also had unofficial assistance from someone in the Ottawa Police Service who supplied us with the airsoft guns, assisting with policing on set, and keeping campus security off our backs. ...Cause WOW, does campus security get edgy when you dress people up like cops and bring what looks like a military assault rifle on campus! We were going to have a scene set out doors with an ambulance and police car at the curb where they pick up the soon to be shooter, but the school's vehicle maintenance was less stellar, the vehicles were not operational so that scene was dropped.

This was a class assignment so there were requirements in length, content, what we could and couldn't show and all that. But I'd like to do more like this, probably short bite sized 2min aprox type things where techniques and special effects can be experimented with. Less emphasis on story and more on 'Seeing how well we can blow shit up'. I'll be moving to the GTA in about 3 weeks so I can attend Sheridan for Advanced Television & Film, so if anyone is interested with resources of film locations, maybe we can arrange something.

Enjoy and I look forward to all the posts complaining about equipment accuracy, movement, guns and what have you. But before you make those posts, please consider the following: We also did faux bullet time in this and that was totally awesome. :P
AshleyAshes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2013, 18:19   #2
GBBR
Banned

Send a message via MSN to GBBR Send a message via Skype™ to GBBR
Nice!
GBBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2013, 18:49   #3
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

Well done. Glad to see it come to compleation.
Its great overall only issue i see is the lady cop was using the mag as a foregrip, if you do a seccond one have her hold her front hand higher up onto the magwell not the actual magazine but like i said it looks great overall you guys put alot of work in and it shows. And dont feel bad about how she was holding it i cant recall what movies but there are a few where big time actors in big buget flicks are holding mp5s using the mags as foregrips and only those who know gun controll will notice it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2013, 20:05   #4
AshleyAshes

Well, we'll always be doing better with successive ones in the future. Though I doubt those actors will continue with me, because I'm off to the GTA along with my uniforms, while they're staying in Ottawa. But I'd like to do more airsoft with a law enforcement theme stuff in the GTA once I'm setup there.

There will be some costume changes to start with. Those epaulettes on the police uniforms are wrong, will be swapping the TPS flashes for something more generic (Knock offs of the 'Metropolitan Police' ones from Flashpoint. XD), and the velcro/nylon holsters will go. Can't afford something like a Serpa Lv3 but some Serpa Lv1 knockoff will do.
Old April 8th, 2013, 20:15   #5
MaybeStopCalling
Green Synergy

If you ever need to borrow gear or an extra/whatever, give me a shout.
MaybeStopCalling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2013, 20:17   #6
Viperfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hectic View Post
Its great overall only issue i see is the lady cop was using the mag as a foregrip, if you do a seccond one have her hold her front hand higher up onto the magwell not the actual magazine but like i said it looks great overall you guys put alot of work in and it shows. And dont feel bad about how she was holding it i cant recall what movies but there are a few where big time actors in big buget flicks are holding mp5s using the mags as foregrips and only those who know gun controll will notice it.
??????

The fuck are you on about?

Lots of shooters use the magwell as a grip when shooting in a gunfighter stance. They even make an attachment for it.....Its called a magwell grip.

Its a more comfortable stance when you need to get close up to the weapon or square off with your target.

Nothing wrong with holding it there at all.

WOLFPACK WP-32
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBBR View Post
If you ever go to a milsim and hear a vuvuzela, you are fucked.
Viperfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2013, 20:20   #7
ShadowNet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hectic View Post
The Flashpoint TV series is notorious for having the main characters grip the MP5's mag/magwell, but it makes more sense with the MP5 than a carbine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viperfish View Post
??????

Lots of shooters use the magwell as a grip when shooting in a gunfighter stance. They even make an attachment for it.....Its called a magwell grip.

Its a more comfortable stance when you need to get close up to the weapon or square off with your target.

She used the mag itself as a foregrip.

Where did the blood splatter on the wall go 7:22-7:30?

Last edited by ShadowNet; April 8th, 2013 at 20:26..
ShadowNet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2013, 20:27   #8
Moderate

Some things I noticed:

Is the non-driver in the ambulance a woman or a man? I can't tell (manly jawline and masculine voice). If it's a man with long hair, that's probably not allowed in that line of work. Just saying.

Is it just YouTube pixelating or did you censor the part where the subject pulls the gun out of the cop's holster?

Officers probably don't refer to other officers by their nicknames over comm's when they've been shot.

Other than that, I thought it was pretty freaking awesome
Moderate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2013, 20:29   #9
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

Reading comprehension much?
I told her to have the shooter move the grip up to the magwell and to not use the mag itself as a grip reread what i posted and try to obsorb it befor you get all pissy lol.
Not tryin to be rude by the way befor you get offended just sayin those photos are what i told her to do if you rewatch the video youll see the shooter not holding the magwell at all alot of the time and holding the mag itself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viperfish View Post
??????

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2013, 20:44   #10
AshleyAshes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moderate View Post
Some things I noticed:

Is the non-driver in the ambulance a woman or a man? I can't tell (manly jawline and masculine voice). If it's a man with long hair, that's probably not allowed in that line of work. Just saying.
That's me, male, not particularly masculine I'll admit. :P

Quote:
Is it just YouTube pixelating or did you censor the part where the subject pulls the gun out of the cop's holster?
Whut? *looks* Dammit! No, it's a frame of garbled data and it's not present in the 5.9GB lossless file I uploaded to YouTube. I could Re-Upload it but it'd result in a different YouTube link and I've already plugged the bejebus outta this one. Just gonna have to bite the bullet and leave that there.

See? We're students and we're learning. What have we learned? Review the ENTIRE YouTube video after uploading before making it public. :/

Quote:
Officers probably don't refer to other officers by their nicknames over comm's when they've been shot.
We had this discussion while filming and the constable who was present with us filming and give us the airsoft guns said it's not unheard of to use nicknames over comms, particularly in a situation like that, but only if they're VERY often referred to by that. That said, I bet we could as a totally different constable and get a different answer. I get the feeling there's a lot of variation in that.

Quote:
Other than that, I thought it was pretty freaking awesome
Thanks. I look forward to doing much more in the future. I think there's a good audience out there online if you can just make stuff that people would like to watch. Of course everything I make will be better and better each time. I imagine this'll look like total crap to me in a year or two. :P
Old April 8th, 2013, 20:47   #11
BennyBoy

Can tell the coffee cups were empty lol
BennyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2013, 21:17   #12
AshleyAshes

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyBoy View Post
Can tell the coffee cups were empty lol
And did we ever wish it did have real coffee. It was cold in that snowbank/ambulance! :P

Old April 8th, 2013, 21:23   #13
BennyBoy

Well should put weight in it, you can really tell! Though I've seen it done badly on TV as well lol

I'm assuming close quarter with hands on magwell would cause a jam ;D

Last edited by BennyBoy; April 8th, 2013 at 21:29..
Old April 8th, 2013, 21:25   #14
AshleyAshes

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyBoy View Post
Well should put weight in it, you can really tell! Though I've seen it done badly on TV as well lol
We didn't wanna ruin them or spill anything. But you know what woulda worked without that risk? Clay. It would have weighted them, not eventually seeped through the cups, not spilled and been a cheap solution. Noted for next time.
Old April 8th, 2013, 21:34   #15
BennyBoy

put acid so they actor/actresses will be extra good, mess up once and you done! DONE SON"!
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General