Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Low end guns are...popular?

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old September 14th, 2012, 10:26   #16
Blackthorne
A Total Bastard

Send a message via Skype™ to Blackthorne
I have had an assortment of guns over the years, from high end custom builds (that I destroyed) to sub $200 guns (that I destroyed).

Honestly now, after getting a basic and growing understanding of what it takes to make an airsoft system accurate and reliable, I can say beyond a shadow of a doubt ......I have NO FUCKING IDEA.

It's a crap shoot, but the new cheaper guns are actually taking longer for me to destroy them, and are more accurate, in my opinion. But my $1400 Systema is my love gun, it works 100% of the time and is a nail driver.

Roll the dice bro. This sport is expensive because of the costs of gear and the cost of learning (READ: making mistakes)
Old September 14th, 2012, 10:47   #17
wildcard

Send a message via MSN to wildcard Send a message via Yahoo to wildcard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackthorne View Post
I have had an assortment of guns over the years, from high end custom builds (that I destroyed) to sub $200 guns (that I destroyed).

Roll the dice bro. This sport is expensive because of the costs of gear and the cost of learning (READ: making mistakes)
Completely agree with the comments above, I've been playing in Canada since 89 Throughout the evolution of airsoft countless AEG/GBB/GBBR/Classic air etc have gone through my hands, to this day there are a few things I'm sure of in airsoft.

A) There are NO such thing as unbreakable, ultimate, uber leet airsoft, it's a fuckin toy they will break (eventually)
B) This sport over the years with the impulse buy, gears, new toys are freakin expensive, the thought of how much I've sunk in over the last 20yrs is sickening
C) Never believe the manufacturer, want realism?? buy a real gun, Want hitech toys?? buy a car (trust me it's cheaper) eventually the low end manufacturer will evolve, I still remember teh days when CA and G&P were teh low end manufacturers.
D) when it comes to AEG there are no such thing as cheap, eventually they'll even out same applies to PTW. it all falls down to which company have a better QC and player satisfaction in mind because when you break it down all AEG function the same, share the same parts, with the only difference in what you pay falls into the QC and external parts and toys materials ie. rails etc.
wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2012, 11:27   #18
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcard View Post
Want hitech toys?? buy a car (trust me it's cheaper)

come back to me when your car tires cost in the neighborhood of 2000$ and their lifespan is measured in the number of times they've come up to operational temperature. Here's a hint... they last somewhere between 50 and 100 km.

That was my other hobby before airsoft. Guarantee you the 4 guns I've got will last longer than 4 sets of tires I use for lapping or autocross. :P
lurkingknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2012, 11:32   #19
CR0M

airsoft is one of the only things I know where buying "high end" still means upgrading some things...

When I buy a fender strat I dont want to have to upgrade the picksups or machineheads

"high end" to me, means as a stock item it should be better than the rest. So if Im going to have to open up the gearbox either way, then Im going to buy as cheap within reason as possible.
Old September 14th, 2012, 11:34   #20
wildcard

Send a message via MSN to wildcard Send a message via Yahoo to wildcard
Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkingknight View Post
come back to me when your car tires cost in the neighborhood of 2000$ and their lifespan is measured in the number of times they've come up to operational temperature. Here's a hint... they last somewhere between 50 and 100 km.

That was my other hobby before airsoft. Guarantee you the 4 guns I've got will last longer than 4 sets of tires I use for lapping or autocross. :P
100km for tires used in auto cross is better than a $2K PTW failing after 7 mags (that's not even a day of gaming) btw i have about 7K worth of tires and rims sitting in a buddy garage waiting for my new car to arrive in January hoping that this time it wont get delayed again. The amount of money I dumped into airsoft over the years I could probably buy a tits up super car. either way both are wallet draining hobby to where it has no ends except that one will last a whole lot longer than the other, in fact this hobby is almost as bad as fishing when you tally the total in the end of the year.

Last edited by wildcard; September 14th, 2012 at 11:39..
wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2012, 11:39   #21
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

I suppose, but a ptw failing that catastrophically can't be that common. 2k$ for a set of tires that last about an hour total worth of driving is a constant consumption of product. You can fix a ptw, you can't put more rubber on tires.

Also.. putting your car shiny side down on a lapping day would also be a bit more expensive than a whole season of airsoft, depending on your car. But boys and their toys... both hobbies are expensive.
Old September 14th, 2012, 11:46   #22
suzenonest

A nice car will probably get you more pussy than an airsoft gun tho
suzenonest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2012, 11:47   #23
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

hmmm.. you may be on to something.
Old September 14th, 2012, 12:02   #24
m102404
Tys

Having $2K of cash in your hands gets you plenty too....but you still need good rubber

....I was refering to cheap airsoft and hopup rubbers you dirty pervs
m102404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2012, 12:05   #25
TaroBear

I prefer the "higher end" stuff, because I'm mechanically ignorant. Everytime I buy a slightly lower end, but "good value" gun, I end up busting my ass for weeks trying to get it into gaming shape, or end up having someone else do it for me. I'm very bad at handling the guts of airsoft guns, so I prefer paying the extra bit of cash to make something perform out of the box. I've never, ever had a Marui fail on me. Despite their plastic construction, I've had one of my pistols fly out of my hand, roll down a hill, and bash against a rock. Nothing bit a small scuff on the slide. The metal generally isn't enough to convince me to buy the cheaper brands. And yes, when we compare sidearms at games, people do point out that they could buy 3 or 4 of their pistols for one of my customs. But almost no one agrees that their guns perform better. Therefore, I judge the quality of the gun on function out of the box, not the potential of the gun, unlike many of the more technologically-skilled members of this forum. Not that I wouldn't do what they're doing if I had the know-how, but I don't.
Old September 14th, 2012, 12:05   #26
Armyissue
Administrator of Pants

Send a message via MSN to Armyissue Send a message via Skype™ to Armyissue
To use a baseball analagy,
There are guys in Cuba that use a stick and a rock cuz thats what they can afford, to play the game.
Guys get better gloves and bats and balls, if they stick with it as the equipment and skills get better and improve their game. All the little leagues and pick up games that are enjoying the game and sharpening their skills with mid range equipment, but know theres a level still to advance too.
The guys playing MLB do not use sticks and rocks anymore but they are definitly the top 10% of players. The Industry generates new Gear to stay ahead of their skill sets and keep them interested. The MLB players themselves can pick up a Stick and Stone in Cuba and knock that shit outta the park and into the Bay of Pigs.
Its not the Equipment you start with, but the Skills you finish with.
Armyissue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2012, 12:06   #27
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayashifx55 View Post
I rather pay extra hundreds for a reliable gun than a CYMA or JG that i'll have to upgrade right away if i want to make sure its reliable.
That statement is very false. For example I haven't changed anything in 2-43 years in my CYMA AKS74U except the spring. CYMA and JG can be very reliable guns just like any other brand.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2012, 12:08   #28
Spike
Privateer Airsoft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styrak View Post
That statement is very false. For example I haven't changed anything in 2-43 years in my CYMA AKS74U except the spring. CYMA and JG can be very reliable guns just like any other brand.
And in comparison, every stock G&P gun I've seen has catastrophically failed within 1000 rounds.
Old September 14th, 2012, 12:51   #29
Ayashifx55

Best tires money can buy are no doubts hankook evo 12 brand new shipped 255/35/19 for two is 630$.
Old September 14th, 2012, 12:57   #30
sarosh

I think that back in the day you had to get a higher end gun because the companies like cyma and jg were bad, past couple years theyve stepped their game up. The first real airsoft gun i bought was a cyma mp5 blowback and i freakin love it. Ive put minimal upgrades into it (new hop up rubber, and inner barrel) and that was after about 2 years of using it as my primary. ive never had a problem with it and its one of the best shooting guns ive ever owned and is the best performance gun i currently have. its a tank. i also have a dboys kac pdw, and it also performs great. the only problem is the hopup tends to break after a couple weeks. i changed it and its great again.
sarosh is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion