Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Kevlar Helmets? What style to buy, where to buy from?

:

Gear Discussion

Old May 17th, 2014, 22:53   #1
terrorist one

Kevlar Helmets? What style to buy, where to buy from?

So i am in the market for a Kevlar helmet. Will be using this on the range and airsoft also. The issue i am having is choosing a cut and style. Its not like i keep current with what is hot or not, and its not like i care.

Also, are there any recommended dealers in country for this stuff?

thanks for the help.

sam
terrorist one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2014, 06:31   #2
FOX_111
Le Roi des poissons d'avril

Get a MICH.
It's current, doest not look retarded and can be had for "cheap".
Real cheap if you get one used.

Vérificateur d'âge: Terrebonne
FOX_111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2014, 10:35   #3
mcguyver

Kevlar has a lifespan, in fact, on real gun forums, anything that is expired can not be sold as armour. In order to sell it, you must prove its age in pictures. Kevlar is a polymer that has been shown to deteriorate with age and UV, so the protective capacity can be compromised.

If you are buying for look and feel, anyone will do. If you need it for protection, like for the guys who do tactical training (some courses require armour), you need current and rated protection.

That being said, there are few options in-country for ballistic helmets for civilians, as each province has armour legislation. In Alberta, the only way a civilian can purchase or possess armour in any form (helmet or body, soft or hard) is to have a valid PAL and use Exemption (F) of the Body Armour Control Act. Then, you can look at companies like Line Of Fire, CTOMS, SRS Tactical and a few of the smaller tactical suppliers. Even with your exemption, some companies may not want to deal with you.

CTOMS had the Ops-Core ballistic until recall, snd they carry they Crye Airframe. Call Rick there and speak to him, or send him an e-mail.

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep discussing what's for dinner.

Freedom is the wolves limping away while the sheep reloads.

Never confuse freedom with democracy.
mcguyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2014, 22:32   #4
terrorist one

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguyver View Post
Kevlar has a lifespan, in fact, on real gun forums, anything that is expired can not be sold as armour. In order to sell it, you must prove its age in pictures. Kevlar is a polymer that has been shown to deteriorate with age and UV, so the protective capacity can be compromised.

If you are buying for look and feel, anyone will do. If you need it for protection, like for the guys who do tactical training (some courses require armour), you need current and rated protection.

That being said, there are few options in-country for ballistic helmets for civilians, as each province has armour legislation. In Alberta, the only way a civilian can purchase or possess armour in any form (helmet or body, soft or hard) is to have a valid PAL and use Exemption (F) of the Body Armour Control Act. Then, you can look at companies like Line Of Fire, CTOMS, SRS Tactical and a few of the smaller tactical suppliers. Even with your exemption, some companies may not want to deal with you.

CTOMS had the Ops-Core ballistic until recall, snd they carry they Crye Airframe. Call Rick there and speak to him, or send him an e-mail.
I get what you are saying, and understand that Kevlar has shelf life.

The cours i will be at tenting is this one:

http://www.agoge-tactical.com/CQBLI.html

"Note: This course requires the student to wear body armour and a ballistic helmet is highly recommended. Body armour rentals is available, however at this time we only have limited quantities."

And a ballistic helmet is recommended, there for is not mandatory. I have the plates rated 556+. I want to find a helmet that won't set me back 1k. Since it is recommended but not mandatory, i was thinking of getting something along the line of this:

ACH SDS ADVANCED COMBAT HELMET

Found a few on Ebay in the states that come with Rhino mount included, surplus stuff but in great shape. I am sure this will be as good as the Brain bucket the CF supplied me with if not better.

Maybe someones knows, but i have a seller willing to ship the kit out from the states. Do you think i will have any issues with customs on ether end?

Thanks for your time.

Sam
Old May 18th, 2014, 23:27   #5
Drake
E-01

IIRC only BC, AB and MB have restrictions, so I'd suggest you shop in one of the other provinces. Same for shipping from the US, if you still have friends/family in Montreal, have it shipped there and then forwarded to you.
Old May 18th, 2014, 23:45   #6
terrorist one

Why would i have it shipped to montreal Drake? I live in Sk. No restrictions here.
Old May 19th, 2014, 01:20   #7
mcguyver

Armour is ITAR. Shipping out of the US without export permits and end-user agreements is a problem.

Just be warned it can get you PNG'd from the US and the shipper sent to prison.

You can get helmets in Canada, just shop around.

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep discussing what's for dinner.

Freedom is the wolves limping away while the sheep reloads.

Never confuse freedom with democracy.
mcguyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2014, 10:45   #8
terrorist one

Oh, ok. Thanks
Old May 19th, 2014, 11:43   #9
Kingsix

Oldschool PASGT medium

http://store.glennsarmysurplus.com/p...ries-p799.aspx

These guys will ship to Canada. I recommend the oregon aero suspension upgrade kit.

Sometimes Kevlar PASGT's can be found on ebay for way cheaper.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion