Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

JG 2 Piece Hopup locking, unwinding on its own - piece of s..?

:

Doctor's Corner

Old March 28th, 2012, 08:54   #1
Rabbit
formerly FrankieCees, Remylebeau

JG 2 Piece Hopup locking, unwinding on its own - piece of s..?

Recently I picked up a JG HK416 and haven't even gamed it yet so everything is still brand new.

After cleaning out the barrel (holy shit this was incredibly dirty stock) I decided to check out the hop up & sleeve.

Upon inspecting the hop up I noticed it would only turn so far however the nub would come down a good amount - if I turned it any further the hop up would lock with an audible click and would be more difficult to turn it off counter-clockwise , but when looking at the drop on the nub it had retracted back up!

If I tried to leave it at the "stopping point" before it locked - after firing a few rnds through it the wheel would turn on its own until eventually no hopup was on.

Pic1: This is the stopping point, turning it clockwise any further than this would result in the "lock" and the nub would retract but the wheels would still remain locked.

Pic2: This is inside to show before the "locking point" how much the nub drops down - I must say this blue sleeve is stiff as shit so I leave the hop up turned all the way up while im not using the gun to stretch it out

Pic3: This is the "locking point" the wheels will not move any further clockwise after the audible click is heard - in this position the nub retracts and my hopup doesn't even look on when looking down the barrel. It also requires quite some force when trying to turn it off counter-clockwise, this could prove to be difficult in game.
Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2012, 08:57   #2
Rabbit

I was actually even thinking about trying out a new gear set for the hop up - although when dismantling this one the gears appeared some what different.
Old March 28th, 2012, 09:06   #3
m102404
Tys

JG stuff is pretty low end.

To help it stay where you've put it...take the screw off of the adjustment wheel (#1 in your pic), put a thick-ish mechbox shim inbetween the screw and the wheel. That should help snug it down and friction hold it better.

Careful not to over tighten the screw, some can't take much torque and will either snap the screw off or strip out the threads in the hole.

So far as over adjusting (to put it past the max point)...it's just the quality/fit/flex of the JG parts.
m102404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2012, 09:07   #4
MaciekA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remylebeau View Post
I was actually even thinking about trying out a new gear set for the hop up - although when dismantling this one the gears appeared some what different.
If this adventure leads to you wanting to buy a different hopup, you could do a lot worse than the Modify Accurate hopup from airsoftparts. I've installed a few of these now with no issues.

Now you know

MaciekA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2012, 18:55   #5
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Another thing you can do is put a very small/thin oring where M102404 says to put a shim. Shouldn't unwind aymore.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2012, 21:45   #6
MaciekA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styrak View Post
Another thing you can do is put a very small/thin oring where M102404 says to put a shim. Shouldn't unwind aymore.
Nice idea. The Modify hopups come with o-rings and keep the setting nice and tight.

Now you know

MaciekA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2012, 22:14   #7
Rabbit

I actually went with the shim idea - didn't have a small o-ring. Actually used two of them, mildly fixed the issue - but its tolerable we'll see how it goes after a game or two.

On a side note - looking for a two piece replacement is tough as shit. The Guarder Enhanced Hop-Up Chamber over at airsoftparts.ca is really only all i could find, browsing over some posts here it doesn't seem to be anything too special either.
Old March 28th, 2012, 23:17   #8
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remylebeau View Post
On a side note - looking for a two piece replacement is tough as shit. The Guarder Enhanced Hop-Up Chamber over at airsoftparts.ca is really only all i could find, browsing over some posts here it doesn't seem to be anything too special either.
Boom
http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/tokyo-mar...m16a2-aeg.html

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2012, 08:36   #9
Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styrak View Post
Boom
That was ALMOST a headshot.

Except anywhere decent is out of stock :/
Old March 29th, 2012, 09:26   #10
Cpt- Lovegrove

i have the stock one that came with mine, worked fine, but i swaped it out for a 1 piece,

msg me if you want to make a deal for it
Cpt- Lovegrove is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner