Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Wanting to upgrade my Hop Up

:

General

Old March 25th, 2018, 22:01   #1
OutdoorOperator

Angry Wanting to upgrade my Hop Up

I been playing airsoft for a while and always wanting more range with my M4 AEG. I want to upgrade the hop up but I have no idea whats a good brand would be to get. I heard that krytac was good. I'm unsure on metal or polymer, rotary? I'm just lost. Help.
OutdoorOperator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2018, 14:19   #2
Mausturm

This topic should be moved to "Upgrades & Modifications"

But to help answer your question, what's the brand of AEG you have? Is it Krytac? King Arms? ARES? VFC? G&G? That can help us help you with range upgrades for said AEG.

Easiest way to gain some range is to upgrade the weight that you use. So for example, if you use .2 gram bb's in your M4, use .25's. Or if you use .25's, use .28's. If you use .3's, you may need to upgrade the hop up itself as I don't know too many brands that can hop a .3 gram bb out of the box - least not in my experience. Others in this forum will have other opinions.

If you are unable to hop a .28 gram bb, try and change the bucking. My personal favourite bucking to use is the Prometheus Purple. With .28 gram bb's, it can hop a bb out to 180 feet effectively. Paired with a Prometheus Barrel, can be quite the effective combination.

As for hop-up replacement, I generally don't replace the hop up unit unless I absolutely have to (if the unit is cracked, or doesn't accept buckings I want to pair it with). Try the steps I listed above with BB weight, as well as bucking change and see if that helps upgrade your range a bit before we think about replacing the hop up chamber.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General