Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Beware of manchovie!!!

:

General

Closed Thread

Old January 4th, 2012, 01:33   #61
Curo
Cobalt Caliber

Wait you bitched at him, blamed him, and complained to him and what Expect him to magically go sorry I'll fix what ever is wrong?

You do know he did that all during his free time for what is probably a small sum for him to keep. And after all that you bitched at him and expected him to want to interact with you? He doesn't need you as a customer so if your gona be a little shit about it. You just screwed yourself! Guess how many gun docs will work on your stuff with a mouth like that? NONE!

I wouldn't. I mean heres the thing. He makes a living sans gun doc. Being a gun doc? Earns a couple extra bucks of lunch money makes the bills a little bit easier. See what i am getting at here?
I deliver Pizza's. When I get a customer that doesn't tip, whines bitches and the like. Well next time I got 4 orders in my car, while I'm burning up my gas, and putting miles on my engine, well they can have their pizza last and enjoy it cold. Why cause the other people might tip. I might make money off them. The butt hurt customer who doesn't understand I'm busting my ass for them can go screw themself. I mean I've crashed 1 car this year so if they don't like it that I'm busy, there is traffic, street lights, and cops out on the road with me. I don't really need to 2 or 3 bucks they might have tipped me.

So heres the thing. He doesn't need you, but you needed him. So swallow your pride and treat him like an another human. Your not a god.

Last edited by Curo; January 4th, 2012 at 01:49..
Old January 4th, 2012, 01:37   #62
wildcard

Send a message via MSN to wildcard Send a message via Yahoo to wildcard
Quote:
Originally Posted by White_knight View Post
BACK THE FUCK UP! you have MAGPUL parts on your gun, holy shit, i had no idea. im sorry i take back every thing i said, i didnt know. a TROY metal body you said? ok i get it now. your right it is awesome.

i can think of threads FULL of guns with magpul shit all over them. thats like saying my guns is awesome cause it has sights
IT's a TROY WITH ALL SORTS OF MAGPULL!! COME ON it's the shit's man.

Ooohh look i have a King Arms Troy too

Here you go you want a dick measuring contest? Just some of my Gundoc's work including Bartek, some of these have been in their individuals possesion for more than a month and these are just a few to mentioned not including all the classic airsoft items and other AEG/GBBR

Last edited by wildcard; January 4th, 2012 at 01:43..
Old January 4th, 2012, 01:39   #63
logoris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt Caliber View Post
He doesn't need you as a customer so if your gona be a little shit about it. You just screwed yourself! Guess how many gun docs will work on your stuff with a mouth like that? NONE!
agreed

Bdot you best learn how to fix your own guns because no one will fix them now

like i said you can watch me do it for free on your gun but you may not like the results if i do it fast
Old January 4th, 2012, 01:41   #64
Ozone06

Bdot, here's some advise for you:

1.) Calm down.
2.) Calm the fuck down.
3.) Learn to spell or hit F7 more.
4.) Check the attitude.
5.) Explain your complaint/problem, remember don't be a tool, then provide a solution for said complaint/problem.
6.) Request options to enable resolution of the issue if one has not yet been made.

I can understand your predicament but the method that you are going about it is COMPLETELY the wrong way.

I have the utmost respect for Manchovie and will go to bat for him all day every day and I've only met him once.

I just wanted to offer you a way out of this shit storm before its too late... well I think it past that point. Possibly a life lesson for you.

Last edited by Ozone06; January 4th, 2012 at 01:49..
Old January 4th, 2012, 01:42   #65
Air_raid

Send a message via MSN to Air_raid
Bdot you may want to learn how to use google and youtube cause I have to agree that there is no chance a gun doc will fix your guns for you.

Spend the time to learn how to fix them it pays off in the end. (I pulled appart my M4 for a spring change the day I bought it and it was the first gun I ever owned)
Old January 4th, 2012, 01:44   #66
mcguyver

Some guys charge $60/hour for AEG work? Try to get a plumber in the evenings and on weekends and you'll get a real shock.

Holy crap, I should have been charging $100/hour for PTW work.

Glad I don't do AEGs anymore.

I really added nothing to this thread.

Carry on.

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep discussing what's for dinner.

Freedom is the wolves limping away while the sheep reloads.

Never confuse freedom with democracy.
Old January 4th, 2012, 01:48   #67
wildcard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguyver View Post
Some guys charge $60/hour for AEG work? Try to get a plumber in the evenings and on weekends and you'll get a real shock.

Holy crap, I should have been charging $100/hour for PTW work.

Glad I don't do AEGs anymore.

I really added nothing to this thread.

Carry on.
I'll gladly pay your rate for your PTW work, heck I'll even throw in a few jars of bacon jam your way
Old January 4th, 2012, 01:52   #68
White_knight

Wild card his gun is better than all of yours, he has magpul stuff on it, all the magpuls you can dream of. He has all of them. On his gun. I wish I had magpuls

Old January 4th, 2012, 01:55   #69
wildcard

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_knight View Post
Wild card his gun is better than all of yours, he has magpul stuff on it, all the magpuls you can dream of. He has all of them. On his gun. I wish I had magpuls
yeah me too
Old January 4th, 2012, 01:55   #70
mcguyver

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcard View Post
I'll gladly pay your rate for your PTW work, heck I'll even throw in a few jars of bacon jam your way
Mmmmm........

Bacon.

I'm still adding nothing of value to this thread. That nothing is still a whole lot better though than most of the rest of it.

BTW, where did you find that Prime lower, and who did you have to kill?

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep discussing what's for dinner.

Freedom is the wolves limping away while the sheep reloads.

Never confuse freedom with democracy.
Old January 4th, 2012, 01:56   #71
surebet
Vicious MSPaint Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcard View Post
This makes me want to get familiar with PTWs.

Not for the money.

I need to know what bacon jam tastes like.

Stop American Censorship
Old January 4th, 2012, 02:00   #72
DuffMan

Send a message via ICQ to DuffMan Send a message via MSN to DuffMan
Manchovie has been late on fixing my guns before (though I actually can't remember any time that he has, I'm sure it has happened.)
Manchovie has also fixed my guns the night before a match with absolutely no prior notice.
He's never messed up my guns before. And he has had many opportunities to manifest any sort of incompetence. He has probably opened up my mechboxes about 100 times. (that's what she said). I will grant that he is a fallible human being and a fallible gundoc and that it is possible that the service to your gun was an anomaly or something. (If indeed it was in the condition you described).

Manchovie has never been unreasonable with me. I value his judgement and expertise. I trust his integrity.
What I can accept in your narrative is the potential that something may have gone wrong. What I can't accept is that his response to you was disproportionate to whatever treatment he received from you.

"He resisted. I asked him to comply."
"Telling him to 'eat it, bitch' is not really a request."
Old January 4th, 2012, 02:02   #73
turok_t

Wow, after reading this thread, I feel so generous as a gun doc! I undercharge people and finish their guns in less than 5 days, and never heard a complaint for anyone!
Old January 4th, 2012, 02:06   #74
Curo
Cobalt Caliber

Now my only questions would be how does this break down? Did Manchovie break down the costs and provide copies of receipts? If you payed him without these your fault. You should have requested these. I myself would ask a gun doc who would work on my gun to record the time/date he started/finished working on any of my guns. And a copy of any costs associated with parts/labour/shipping. Why cause I want to know what I am paying for.

I'm guessing you got excited handed over the cash when't on your merry way and where never a smart consumer. Sure the business should be responsible in part but in the end you walked away confident that you could be sloppy. Manchovie might have assembled your gearbox wrong or didn't tighten your motor all the way simple fixes. When you called him up maybe you could have asked "Hey Manchovie this is Bdot calling you back. Sorry I've been such a bother but my brothers gun is making a weird noise mind if we bring back later and figure it out together. I really want my gun working. And wonder if you could teach me how to fix this in the future."

Heck a buddy of mine traded me a FAMAS recently that only shoots 160 FPS am I mad? No

1. I never asked him what's it shoot before trading it (( my bad))
2. It was bought as is. (( hey just like those over priced used cars on kijiji (remember buy certified, kids)))
3. It's sexy
4. I still got a 'kill' with it.
5. I like it plus I only want to get the FPS around 300. my SCAR-L I traded only shoot 320 yet blows my 385 FPS Masada outta the water.
6. I like it, a simple airseal fix and its good as new (( heck might even employ Manchovie seeing as the majority of you guys recommend him, well that is If I can't fix it myself. ))

Last edited by Curo; January 4th, 2012 at 02:13.. Reason: spellign/grammar.
Old January 4th, 2012, 02:06   #75
Ozone06

+1 a BIIG +1 from me

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
Manchovie has been late on fixing my guns before (though I actually can't remember any time that he has, I'm sure it has happened.)
Manchovie has also fixed my guns the night before a match with absolutely no prior notice.
He's never messed up my guns before. And he has had many opportunities to manifest any sort of incompetence. He has probably opened up my mechboxes about 100 times. (that's what she said). I will grant that he is a fallible human being and a fallible gundoc and that it is possible that the service to your gun was an anomaly or something. (If indeed it was in the condition you described).

Manchovie has never been unreasonable with me. I value his judgement and expertise. I trust his integrity.
What I can accept in your narrative is the potential that something may have gone wrong. What I can't accept is that his response to you was disproportionate to whatever treatment he received from you.
Closed ThreadTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General