Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

shooting problems in my G&G TR16A3

:

Doctor's Corner

Old November 4th, 2014, 15:48   #1
General Lee

shooting problems in my G&G TR16A3

My gun has recently been crappy bbs get stuck in the barrel when hop up is all the way up when hop up is down it shoots but not very far and when hop up is in the middle it shoots a little farther but not much. I have no clue what is wrong I wanted to ask before I take my whole gun apart and wreck or lose something.:banghead:
General Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2014, 16:27   #2
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

do you know how to split the upper from the lower?

Right now you haven't provided enough information to diagnose the issue. You need to open things up to look at them.

Splitting the upper off the lower will let you inspect the front/top of the gearbox and remove the hopup and barrel for inspection.
Old November 4th, 2014, 22:39   #3
General Lee

Yes I can split the receivers. The problem started when I was cleaning it after a rainy game and one of my little siblings popped the hop up right off my barrel and I put it back on thinking nothing of it until I went to go shoot after and the bbs would jam in the barrel and roll out after tipping the barrel with the hop up cranked all the way up, or shooting no farther than 10 ft with it turned down. I just want to try and fix it so I dont have to buy any new parts yet.
Old November 4th, 2014, 22:49   #4
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

if the barrel was pulled out, you need to inspect how the hopup rubber is doing, if the hop up nub is still present, and if the barrel is oriented the correct way, with the window facing up. The rubber has to seat properly on the barrel in the unit and the nub has to be there for the arm to push into the chamber to lower the patch into the barrel to apply hop.
Old November 5th, 2014, 06:45   #5
General Lee

My hopup nub is there and my barrel window is facing up. my nub recently fell out so I glued it back in because it wouldnt stay. I noticed that one of the gears has a stop on it so you cant turn it all the way and I wonder if I didnt put it back in after I took it apart.
Old November 5th, 2014, 10:56   #6
General Lee

I meant to say that I dont think I put the gear with the stop in correctly
Old November 5th, 2014, 12:14   #7
Adamlxlx

You should take it to someone who knows what they are doing. That is your best bet
Adamlxlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2014, 16:23   #8
General Lee

I know what's wrong I looked at my explosion view that I downloaded off G&Gs website seems I am missing a little ring that goes into the hop up and a spring to push it back into the piston head. So I am just going to buy a new hope up and bucking.
Old November 5th, 2014, 16:53   #9
Adamlxlx

^Just judging by that you do not know what you are doing. I just dont want you to do more damage to your gun.
Old November 5th, 2014, 18:05   #10
General Lee

Don't worry I know what I am doing it doesn't seem like it but I do. I have all the explosion views for the gun and know quite a bit. But thank you for trying to help me. I am getting the Madbull ultimate 3 in 1 hop up chamber I did some research and it looks better than the one I had in my gun anyways.
Old November 5th, 2014, 18:51   #11
Adamlxlx

Well let us know how it goes.
Old November 5th, 2014, 21:26   #12
General Lee

I will try to keep you guys updated when I get it. I also purchased a KWC 1911 and a M1 Steel Pot Helmet
Old November 7th, 2014, 12:32   #13
RainyEyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
I know what's wrong I looked at my explosion view that I downloaded off G&Gs website seems I am missing a little ring that goes into the hop up and a spring to push it back into the piston head. So I am just going to buy a new hope up and bucking.
Just in case you don't already know where you went wrong:
RainyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2014, 11:25   #14
SuperCriollo

Well, from what I'm readingreading your biggest problem is not having the spring that pushepushes the hop unit against the gearbox, causing misfeeding. You can get away by not having a C- clip, and using a few o-rings instead of a spring

SuperCriollo
SuperCriollo is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner