Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Who got you into airsoft, Who put you onto ASC

:

General

Old March 25th, 2010, 14:09   #106
Desmodus
Mexifaggot

Waaaaaaayy back, I think Arthaxis sent me a link to a video of an airsoft game or something.. probably an Irene 3 video. Then of course, we found this website....

Primaries: LCT AK74MN w/SKTBR, VFC M4 SOPMOD Block 2
Secondary: Latino heat, TM Glock 17
Desmodus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2010, 17:12   #107
fi3re

Send a message via MSN to fi3re
i have to say my intro was quite an interesting one....saw a photo of my dad when he was young with a black ak47 bbgun... Thought it was so cool and was hooked on guns ever since (10 at the time)
one time like 7 years ago he brought home not some cheapo guns but full metal m4 I think it was gbb actually (classic gun maybe) and tm beretta that his friend owned. It was so sick even tho I did t get to shoot them.

Been lurking all over Asc for a while. thought about every way to get my hands on airsoft but gave up before clearsoft came around... Got back into itwith my friend and now im avd on my way to my first game sunday
fi3re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2010, 02:12   #108
Endus

When i was 16 I saw my first airsoft gun, my friends brother showed it to us. Real cool lookin and all we started buying them. When I turned 18 I was looking for games, lookin up on google, I came across these post on ASC. Been a member since.
Endus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2010, 09:34   #109
reaper416

been a pb,er for 8 yrs.wanted something different.started surfing websites.found a few sites lol.bought an ics m4.kjw m9.now a kjw m4 gbbr.army issue helped out with my gear.thanks.now i just need to play.any games taking converted pb,ers.need to get feet wet!
reaper416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2010, 11:53   #110
Rugger_can

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcard View Post
Holy shit Dustin you're alive!!
Sorta, but ya.. Im back from the dead.
Rugger_can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2010, 21:19   #111
Volko

Way back around 2000/2001 Canadian Tire had those see through airsoft guns (if you can even call them that...) That's where i got my start originally.

However, a buddy on here introduced me to these forums and the airsoft guns available. Amazing experience so far.
Volko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2010, 21:50   #112
deep in the bush
Monkey with a Gun

Send a message via MSN to deep in the bush
GOD told me to play.

But really started back with my buddies at our own property long before I knew this existed.

I'm the Barrie Bastard.
http://www.bbbastard.com/

Cheese is good.

Last edited by deep in the bush; November 24th, 2010 at 22:47..
deep in the bush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2010, 22:44   #113
clueless

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachster View Post
Duckman was in my ear, on and off, about airsoft for the better part of a year or more. Went over to his place one day and saw the Vault and the goodies inside then took a few rounds in the back by 2 GBB's and an AEG. (@ 20 feet I might add) was instantly hooked. Other than when I bought my first car, was the most expensive 12 months to follow.
pretty much the exact same thing for me
Old March 28th, 2010, 23:18   #114
lt_poncho

Send a message via MSN to lt_poncho
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnisador View Post
IIRC, I first lurked on ASZ and Sgt. Lynchs cross ring something or other site, which eventually led me to one of the first incarnations of ASC.

Learned that it was best to just lurk for the two years before even posting anything. Today's flamers are Bic lighters compared to the old school vets
X-Ring Airsoft mate - one of the first dboard sites on the net for Airsoft.
Old October 27th, 2010, 14:20   #115
Caninjap

Send a message via MSN to Caninjap
Saw all those realistic guns back in Hong Kong about 10 years ago and have been wanting to get into it, but dunno how. Then my bro moved from Vancouver to Toronto and started playing out there and that's when I finally found out there is some popularity here. So I told my buddy and we started playing Airsoft. Still green since I started last March but loving the fun and realism.
Caninjap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2010, 17:54   #116
LongStone

who got me into airsoft/ASC: you did! (ArmyIssue)
all in one fell swoop.
I came into the store to get my son some boots for cadets and that was the first time I saw airsoft guns that weren't cheap crap (clear soft)
Having played milsim paintball for about 5 years
no tanks, hoses and massive clean up after every game was a big selling point .

I tried for 2 1/2 years to pull together a team for paintball with little success, within 3 weeks of joining ASC I found a team and we played a game on my home field.

I am still waiting for verification though I do have a gun now
LongStone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2010, 04:34   #117
DoctorBadVibez

Location: Scarborough, Unionville, Stouffville and on a Benetti
I've always been a gun nut, turned my wife from anti to pro guns, but heres how it all started with airsoft: When I was a child I got a Leo Toy's Mauser 6 (I believe that was the model designation); all black, bolt action, pistol format, it had orange cartridges that you would load a plastic pellet into, you would then have to load a plastic mag with said cartridges, about 9 rounds (my memory fleets at this hour), pull the bolt back, chamber a round and fire at these little plastic 2 piece target, twas a shell ejecting springer but oh that was the hook line and sinker and surely beat the snot out of compendium board games. After that I've always wanted that set, couldn't find it anywhere so I bought a few springer rifles and just proceeded to work and buy my first home. Said rifles got stolen with some gear and two of my RC sailplanes, during a move 7 years ago to unionville, I got disheartened and gave up. Fast forward to about 6 months ago; a certain gent who shall be unnamed called me over to his home when I decided to spend some time getting to know my stepson and my mother in law in Scarborough. Said gent showed me what i was missing out on, sold me "Lucille" my gorgeous TM sr16 with full upgrades (yes, shes all black) for a steal of a deal, gave me free bdu's, a carry handle for the armalite, and a bag of bb's. I bought a black MBSS Vest from Huang at his store and never looked back. Now I use almost 18 years of rc experience to stay methodical and patient when working on my guns.
ASC? well I've been stalking this site long time and quietly seething in envy and admiration of your wonderful guns and gear. Some of the work you guys put up here are poster size worthy.

Last edited by DoctorBadVibez; October 28th, 2010 at 04:38.. Reason: Brain not working.....
DoctorBadVibez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2010, 11:19   #118
f3600

I started buying airsoft stuff in 2008. At first , i wanted to start playing milsim paintball but searching on google took me to the world of airsoft and never looked back at paintball...

I didnt get the chance to play a lot since then .. had some skirmish with friend and one real event that was a beginner day. I'm trying to find more people around st-hyacinthe(quebec) to get to play on a regular base.

found asc and got av'd by 2 guy in granby (sorry forgot their name) but i was amazed by their loadout... I started with a cybergun sig552 and a WE hi capa then a G&G m16 (still working).

Now i'm sporting a kjw m4a1 cant wait to use it on the field ..
Old October 28th, 2010, 11:34   #119
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

Well I was getting bored of bullying people in real life and I found this delightful board that was in need of someone to keep the nubs in line...

JK lol

I was lookingg at paintball guns on eBay and I found an airsoft AK47, searched airsoft and saw all the amazing guns available, collected for about a year thinking there was no one in Canada or at least my area that played, found ASC a year later and realized there were others that shared my addiction!

Been hooked on airsoft (and Asc) ever since hehehehehe
Old October 28th, 2010, 12:08   #120
MADDOG

Wasaga Paintball

I am an original member of Wasaga Beach Paintball ever since they opened the old field under the watertower and then moved to the new one. (Over 21 years experience playing every weekend of every month, sometimes twice a weekend.....I shudder to think how much cash I dropped ).

The airsofters started showing up regularly at Wasaga around 98'. Wildcard, Poncho and the like. I had been in the Army for about 5 years at that point and when the chance to use my training for airsoft happened, I took it.

Then all the local guys that played Wasaga got into it (Larry, Dean, Taco, etc). Whenever the airsofters showed up we would drop the paintball and grab the airsoft. I still remember when Wayne asked me to join STAT but I liked being a Lone-Wolf operator . Wayne has always been able to help me out when I needed a repair or airsoft advice. I wanted to attend games not at Wasaga, to broaden my horizons. Someone told me about ASC and voila!

Cry Havoc, Let slip the Dogs of War!

"Opportunities multiply as they are seized."
- Sun Tzu, The Art of War
MADDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General